Ian Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPAC88
    i say lb cuz we need a lb more than a wr imho. N we have an abundance of wr's
    i dont know, i think Jashon Sykes can start...

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
      i dont know, i think Jashon Sykes can start...
      wa bout if he gets injured like mobley? u gotta have bak up for ya own bak up . But if ya look at it that way then we could prob get a lb in 2nd round

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
        If we're taking a WR with the first, i say we move up for Reggie Williams, all this talk about the big 3 Fitz, Roy, and M. Williams, i think he's the forgotten man. He's big at 6'4 and weighs close to 230 and catches the ball across the middle better than anyone in this draft. Reminds me alot of EZ Ed only faster!
        what do you think we'll have to give up for a 1st rounder that is high enough to get reggie williams

Comment

But if ya look at it that way then we could prob get a lb in 2nd round
          i look at it like.....we need more work on offence then D. So i think we should use atleast 4 of the first 5 picks on offence.

Comment

what do you think we'll have to give up for a 1st rounder that is high enough to get reggie williams
            dunno matters what teams need

Comment

dunno matters what teams need
              okay....you think the jets would take like deltha an our first rounder for their first rounder? just an idea...

Comment

our 1st, maybe a 4th , hell throw O'neal in there! Whatever it would take. Reggie and Lelie would make a great future for us at WR.

Comment

Reggie and Lelie would make a great future for us at WR.
                  ya, but we probly wont move up in the draft which is fine by me

Comment

If we wanna replace GOLD, I say draft Michael Boulware out of FSU. Pyhsically he is the same body type as GOLD, and he is the best COVERAGE OLB in the draft. With Wilson teaching him his headhunting technique, Boulware, Wilson, and Mobley would be just as formidable with Boulware than GOLD. Maybe even more so.

Comment

our 1st, maybe a 4th , hell throw O'neal in there! Whatever it would take. Reggie and Lelie would make a great future for us at WR.
                      No way on earth!!!!!!!! To get Reggie we need to move up at least 8-10 spots. THat will cost us at least our first round pick and one of our seconds as well as another pick and or a player. A fourth rounder just has very little value.

You should really research the value of picks in different rounds. There are a ton of draft pick value charts. They could give you an idea of what it would cost.

Comment

You should really research the value of picks in different rounds. There are a ton of draft pick value charts. They could give you an idea of what it would cost.
                        where can i find them?
                        "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Arab Bronco
                          where can i find them?
                          Here is a link to one.
                          http://mb1.theinsiders.com/fcoltsnew...icID=881.topic

If you go to google and look up draft pick value chart you will get several hits. All of the teams now use one of these as a starting point and then apply the current players. For instance most feel that their is a drop off after about 9 players and then another drop off after about 17-20 players this year. It will cost more than usual to get into those groupings.

The unique thing about this year is that picks 20-45 or so are not rated much different. So it will be tougher to move because most teams have a pick in that area. If we were to move we should look at going from 24 to the 12-15 range or in the second round trying to move from our 54 pick up to 40 or so. These would be steps that could make some sense. It would increase our quality factor in the draft.

I also want to go on record as saying I don't think we will do this.

Comment

I agree with this. in my mind their is a clear drop off after the top 4 (not 3) receivers. In any other draft Reggie would be top 10 and maybe top 5 and this year I think we could get him at the 15 spot.

I think it would cost us our first, one of our seconds and then a third or fourth rounder on top of that. If we were talking to a team that wanted O'neal we may be able to swing it with our first our second and O'neal.

I would really consider it. We need difference makers on offense. We have them on D now. We need some on offense and all things point to Reggie having this capability.

Comment

Working...
                            X