If KC can do it, hit the panic button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If KC can do it, hit the panic button

You can deny all you want that the lowly Rams defense looked a lot like the Steelers' on Sunday (particularly in the first half) all you want. If the Chefs defense comes into town and 1.) stuffs denver's running game. 2.) Breaks through the o line like water rushing out of a New Orleans levee on both pass and running plays, it's ok, you can hit the panic button. If that happens you might as well start talking about something besides Plummer and Cutler as well. Neither qb will help this team if that happens.

It's ok, Chef fans can deny that their defense is... well, not the best in league. If that pathetic defense comes in town and looks like the Steelers / Rams... The Broncos will have bigger problems to sort through than just the qb position.

Originally posted by old_school_44
    You can deny all you want that the lowly Rams defense looked a lot like the Steelers' on Sunday (particularly in the first half) all you want. If the Chefs defense comes into town and 1.) stuffs denver's running game. 2.) Breaks through the o line like water rushing out of a New Orleans levee on both pass and running plays, it's ok, you can hit the panic button. If that happens you might as well start talking about something besides Plummer and Cutler as well. Neither qb will help this team if that happens.

It's ok, Chef fans can deny that their defense is... well, not the best in league. If that pathetic defense comes in town and looks like the Steelers / Rams... The Broncos will have bigger problems to sort through than just the qb position.
    Where do you get stuff the running game from? If there's one thing the rams defense definitely did not do, it was stuff the run.
    RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
      Where do you get stuff the running game from? If there's one thing the rams defense definitely did not do, it was stuff the run.
      I don't know, the game i saw the lambs did a great job in the first half stuffing the run forcing Plummer to throw which led to a whole set of other problems.

Yea, the second half the running game got going but you see how much it helped by that point.

Comment

Player...Att....Yds...Avg.....TD
        T Bell....15.....103....6.9.....0
        M Bell....10....58......5.8.....1

Total of 161 yards rushing... they didn't do much of anything against it, deciding instead to focus on Plummer and pressuring him (which worked out well for them).
        RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Once again

Player...Att....Yds...Avg.....TD
          T Bell....15.....103....6.9.....0
          M Bell....10....58......5.8.....1

Total of 161 yards rushing... they didn't do much of anything against it, deciding instead to focus on Plummer and pressuring him (which worked out well for them).
          Once again the bulk numbers came in the second half.

Had the broncos run the ball like that in the first half Plummer wouldn't of had to throw the ball all over the place.

The correct response is "they (Rams) didn't do much about the running game in the second half". Why? As you pointed out yourself, they didn't feel they had to. Which is why the running game numbers were inflated.

Anyway if KC can shut the running game down in the first half as well you may see a repeat of the last two games that counted.

Hopefully that won't happen.

Comment

Chiefs had the #12 overall D last year, and this year all they did is get better. Pathetic? Maybe in 04 or 03 but not last year, or this year. Just ask Rudi Johnson and Carson Palmer how bad our D is.
            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
              Chiefs had the #12 overall D last year, and this year all they did is get better. Pathetic? Maybe in 04 or 03 but not last year, or this year. Just ask Rudi Johnson and Carson Palmer how bad our D is.
              If I'm not mistaken you all still had a problem with tackling and they still quite a few points if remember right. Btw you game up 27 points to the Bengals.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The Rams have 8 new starters and a new coach. I don't get why the defense is even being compared to what they had last season. It all makes no sense to me.

I do agree though that if the Cheifs hold us off then that would be a bad sign and Shanny better figure out a way to get the offense going. That is the thing though, we have one of the top offensive coaches in the league and he always gets the offense moving. They just have down games at times.

Comment

In the first hald, they actually did mostly stuff the running game. M. Bell averaged 2.4 ypc on 9 carries. HIs one (35 yard run) carry in the second half boosted his numbers.

Tatum was better at 4 ypc in the first half on his 5 carries, but it is still below his average of the last two years and he fumbled the ball.

Our run game was not good in the first half. In the second half it got better. Even taking away Tatum's long run, I believe he averaged over 5 ypc in the second half, and averaged something like 5.2 ypc on his last 5 carries (after his 39 yard run).

So, Old School is right about the Rams stuffing the Broncos run, at least in the first half.

They also applied a great deal of pressure with 3 sacks and three near sacks (Plummer's left handed throw while being sacked to avoid one, and Plummer spinning out of a sack, when a rusher arrived at his drop back point about the same time he did.

I think our line/blocking scheme had a bad day, I do not buy into the blueprint theories

I also think that the problems were compounded by the game plan, which called for drop back pass plays on 13 of the 14 pass plays in the first half, with only one bootleg.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

In bad taste man. Hundreds lost their lives. Show some respect.
                    Last edited by PurdueBronc; 09-15-2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I don't know, the game i saw the lambs did a great job in the first half stuffing the run forcing Plummer to throw which led to a whole set of other problems.

Yea, the second half the running game got going but you see how much it helped by that point.
                      Yes, I did see that it almost won the game for us had it not been for cra**y plummer interception and a bonehead roughing the kicker move.

Comment

Working...
                      X