Domonique Foxworth gets it, even if many here don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domonique Foxworth gets it, even if many here don't

"There's no way I'd want to be Jake Plummer. I don't know how he does it," Denver cornerback Domonique Foxworth said. "Sure, he's had his ups and downs, but for the most part he has been a standout player for the Broncos. The guy has been to the playoffs every year he's been in Denver, but there's a good chance Sunday if there is a screwup, he'll hear about it. I just guess that goes with being the quarterback in this city."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4334223?source=rss
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

I like Foxy. He's got a good head on those young shoulders and sees things for what they are.

Comment

Teammates are great. I like teammates that take up for each other.

And he didn't have a "I told you so statement".
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

What a players teamates have to say about Jake mean a whole lot more to me than some hack writing in a newspaper or drawing cartoons, whether a large town paper or small.

The players support Jake. The coaches support Jake. These are the guys that practice with Jake day in and out, and play on his team on Sunday. They are the same players that go out against and get a first hand look at the competition as well.

Players & Coaches > Writers & Cartoonists.

Comment

Foxy is a classy dude from what I have read in the papers. He hit the nail on the head though with that quote...after all the adversity that has followed Plummer, I don't know how he does it.
          Originally posted by Soldier96B
          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Well spoken as usual, Foxworth pegs life as QB in this city.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
              Foxy is a classy dude from what I have read in the papers. He hit the nail on the head though with that quote...after all the adversity that has followed Plummer, I don't know how he does it.
              He's doing what any good teammate will do regardless of what happened last Sunday. I'm not saying he's lying but a cohesive team sticks up for each other regardless.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                He's doing what any good teammate will do regardless of what happened last Sunday. I'm not saying he's lying but a cohesive team sticks up for each other regardless.
                Absolutely. Team members openly bashing each other in the media would be a nightmare situation. As much as I like to complain, I definitely want the whole team to stick together, no matter what happens this year. You can face adversity with class... or you can be Terrell Owens.

Comment

This is the same Foxworth that some of y'all were bashing because he told Kircus that he had to "whup him."

I can tell Foxy is a good dude, but regardless, if you step past that point, he'll "whup" you.

Comment

Thanks Tned! Its a good point. While a lot of fans are throwing in the towel, bashing Jake etc, his teammates are looking around at the fan reaction and giving him support. It reflects poorly on the fans, the city, etc.

Just like Sam Wyche once invoked into a microphone during a Bengals game........

"You don't live in Cleveland, you live in.." Denver (he actually said Cincinnati but his point was that WE are classier and better fans than THEM...now act like it). Come on now, lets show some class!
                    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      ok, ravage......

he also didn't HAVE to say ANYTHING either, correct? :hammer:
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Thats my adoptee
                        MMA News
                        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                          ok, ravage......

he also didn't HAVE to say ANYTHING either, correct? :hammer:
                          Just like he and Champ Bailey didn't have to go out of their way to talk about how a lot of people on the team played badly, including calling out special teams as being bad. The two of them were on a show (can't remember what it was called) on FSRM last night, that was televised from a Champ's bar and grill.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Whats he suppose to say, "Plummer sucks, we will never go to the Superbowl with him at QB"... Seriously with the exception of TO and maybe 1 or 2 other guys thoughout the history of the NFL you never hear teammates of generally winning teams bash another, and when they do there not around for long.

But what if we go 1-4? I wonder how many teammates will come up and support Jake then. It so easy to support a guy on your team when your comming off a appearence in the AFC Championship game. But if we start to loose and Plummer continues to play like ****, I wonder how many Bronco players will come to his defence then.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSolja
                              Whats he suppose to say, "Plummer sucks, we will never go to the Superbowl with him at QB"... Seriously with the exception of TO and maybe 1 or 2 other guys thoughout the history of the NFL you never hear teammates of generally winning teams bash another, and when they do there not around for long.

But what if we go 1-4? I wonder how many teammates will come up and support Jake then. It so easy to support a guy on your team when your comming off a appearence in the AFC Championship game. But if we start to loose and Plummer continues to play like ****, I wonder how many Bronco players will come to his defence then.
                              Yes, but they also don't go out of their way like Foxworth and Smith have done. Smith called the fans calling for Cutler morons. Unlike Jake, he doesn't go out of his way at every chance to piss off the fans.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X