Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domonique Foxworth gets it, even if many here don't

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by IncredibleSkunk
    I like Foxy. He's got a good head on those young shoulders and sees things for what they are.
    Apparently, he prefers the Dom over Foxy.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tnedator
      Yes, but they also don't go out of their way like Foxworth and Smith have done. Smith called the fans calling for Cutler morons. Unlike Jake, he doesn't go out of his way at every chance to piss off the fans.
      How the hell did they go outta there way? Did they stick the mic in each others face and ask each other what they think about fans wanting Plummer to be benched? Last I checked Fox and Smith for employed by the Broncos not ESPN or a local news station.

      Like I said its easy to bash fans and support your QB when things have been pretty good, but if we start to loose alot of games due to Jake lets see that support then.


      On a side note Smith is a emotional guy, remember when some reporter asked him what he thought of us trading Portis for Bailey?

      And I quote "WE DID WHAT???!!!!

      Things worked out for the better (even though I was a bif fan of Clinton). I dont think anyone would hesitate on that trade if we could do it all over agian.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BroncoSolja
        How the hell did they go outta there way? Did they stick the mic in each others face and ask each other what they think about fans wanting Plummer to be benched? Last I checked Fox and Smith for employed by the Broncos not ESPN or a local news station.

        Like I said its easy to bash fans and support your QB when things have been pretty good, but if we start to loose alot of games due to Jake lets see that support then.


        On a side note Smith is a emotional guy, remember when some reporter asked him what he thought of us trading Portis for Bailey?

        And I quote "WE DID WHAT???!!!!

        Things worked out for the better (even though I was a bif fan of Clinton). I dont think anyone would hesitate on that trade if we could do it all over agian.
        What I was saying was if Foxworth was asked if he thought Jay should be the QB, or if he was concerned about Jake's performance, he could have just said something like, "Jake had a rough game, but he will bounce back" or "Jake's our QB". Short and sweet.

        Instead, he not only supported Plummer, but called the Denver gans out as being unreasonable:

        "There's no way I'd want to be Jake Plummer. I don't know how he does it," Denver cornerback Domonique Foxworth said. "Sure, he's had his ups and downs, but for the most part he has been a standout player for the Broncos. The guy has been to the playoffs every year he's been in Denver, but there's a good chance Sunday if there is a screwup, he'll hear about it. I just guess that goes with being the quarterback in this city."
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          foxy is tight...


          SIG MADE BY ME!!

          my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
          MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BroncoSolja
            How the hell did they go outta there way? Did they stick the mic in each others face and ask each other what they think about fans wanting Plummer to be benched? Last I checked Fox and Smith for employed by the Broncos not ESPN or a local news station.

            Like I said its easy to bash fans and support your QB when things have been pretty good, but if we start to loose alot of games due to Jake lets see that support then.


            On a side note Smith is a emotional guy, remember when some reporter asked him what he thought of us trading Portis for Bailey?

            And I quote "WE DID WHAT???!!!!

            Things worked out for the better (even though I was a bif fan of Clinton). I dont think anyone would hesitate on that trade if we could do it all over agian.
            It's funny how you people, any time Jake is complemented by fellow players, your patented comeback is "what else are they going to say".

            Maybe you, in your infinite wisdom, can show all of us some QUOTES of players bashing their qb.....other than T.O.
            Go ahead and dig as far back as you want.........


            .....most people (fans) know that this game is a TEAM SPORT! TEAM PLAYERS don't bash one another publicly...other than T.O.

            Last I saw, denver didn't have T.O. on their roster.

            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

            -- Samuel Adams

            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rcsodak
              ok, ravage......


              he also didn't HAVE to say ANYTHING either, correct? :hammer:
              You misunderstood but I have come to expect that from you.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by rcsodak
                It's funny how you people, any time Jake is complemented by fellow players, your patented comeback is "what else are they going to say".

                Maybe you, in your infinite wisdom, can show all of us some QUOTES of players bashing their qb.....other than T.O.
                Go ahead and dig as far back as you want.........


                .....most people (fans) know that this game is a TEAM SPORT! TEAM PLAYERS don't bash one another publicly...other than T.O.

                Last I saw, denver didn't have T.O. on their roster.
                Miricles do happen!

                I'll agree, football is a team sport. The instances are very rare where team mates call out other team mates publiclly. That shows dis-unity in the locker room, which is never a good thing.

                Plus, Denver has a great history of being a winning franchise. Not since the year Elway retired has Denver had a losing season. Mediocre, yes. (8-8, 9-7), but never a losing season. It just doesnt happen.

                Plus, Plummer is known for his bouncing back. I expect him to have a good game this week. But I also expect the team around him to have a better game, too.

                What was it Rod said last year to Jake..."We are out there to make Jake look better..." (or something along those lines.) The team looks bad, Jake looks bad. Jake looks bad, the team looks bad. Its a reciprical relationship.

                I respect Jake Plummer. Sure, there are times I dont like how he plays. He stinks up the place, makes bad mistakes, says and does what we dont want to hear. But the man is a leader. His team mates follow him. His presense is known on the field, and just like any other QB, you put him in a position to suceed, he'll pull through.

                For Plummer that means managing the game, maintaining the lead. Everyone knows this about Plummer. The man is only 1 of 16 men that can say "I am a starting QB in the NFL." Thats a damn small number. The man is a success. But, you have to take to good with the bad. And many times its much easier to remember the bad than the good. Just human nature.

                I'm pulling for Plummer to suceed this year. He suceeds, this whole team suceeds. He fails, the whole team fails. Simple as that.
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

                "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                  Miricles do happen!

                  I'll agree, football is a team sport. The instances are very rare where team mates call out other team mates publiclly. That shows dis-unity in the locker room, which is never a good thing.

                  Plus, Denver has a great history of being a winning franchise. Not since the year Elway retired has Denver had a losing season. Mediocre, yes. (8-8, 9-7), but never a losing season. It just doesnt happen.

                  Plus, Plummer is known for his bouncing back. I expect him to have a good game this week. But I also expect the team around him to have a better game, too.

                  What was it Rod said last year to Jake..."We are out there to make Jake look better..." (or something along those lines.) The team looks bad, Jake looks bad. Jake looks bad, the team looks bad. Its a reciprical relationship.

                  I respect Jake Plummer. Sure, there are times I dont like how he plays. He stinks up the place, makes bad mistakes, says and does what we dont want to hear. But the man is a leader. His team mates follow him. His presense is known on the field, and just like any other QB, you put him in a position to suceed, he'll pull through.

                  For Plummer that means managing the game, maintaining the lead. Everyone knows this about Plummer. The man is only 1 of 16 men that can say "I am a starting QB in the NFL." Thats a damn small number. The man is a success. But, you have to take to good with the bad. And many times its much easier to remember the bad than the good. Just human nature.

                  I'm pulling for Plummer to suceed this year. He suceeds, this whole team suceeds. He fails, the whole team fails. Simple as that.


                  Yeah, I'm just curious where you came up with the number 16? Did half the teams just fall off the edge of the world and into the abyss, or something?



                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                  sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                  Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    1 of 4 that started in the AFC-NFC Championship games last year, out of 32 possible.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by sbutk
                      Yeah, I'm just curious where you came up with the number 16? Did half the teams just fall off the edge of the world and into the abyss, or something?



                      yep
                      Thats it!

                      pppst! I wrote this at 8:15am...I can arguably say I wasnt quite awake yet. Plus, baby Bean was kicking me in the bladder....and well, its really hard to concentrate when you have a baby kicking you in the bladder!
                      Last edited by BroncFanIN; 09-15-2006, 12:12 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

                      "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BroncoSolja
                        Whats he suppose to say, "Plummer sucks, we will never go to the Superbowl with him at QB"... Seriously with the exception of TO and maybe 1 or 2 other guys thoughout the history of the NFL you never hear teammates of generally winning teams bash another, and when they do there not around for long.

                        But what if we go 1-4? I wonder how many teammates will come up and support Jake then. It so easy to support a guy on your team when your comming off a appearence in the AFC Championship game. But if we start to loose and Plummer continues to play like ****, I wonder how many Bronco players will come to his defence then.
                        maybe this quote should be ran out to our readers if we go 1-4 . ya know cross that bridge if we come to it.let's be happy we are not 1-4 for right now.
                        elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X