Cortney Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortney Brown

I read that Cortney Brown is gonna be out for this weeks game against KC. Can anyone tell me who is starting in the place of Brown I didn't get to see the game last week. It wouldn't happen to be Dumervil is it?

Does anyone else think that Brown might be back to his old routine as a Cleveland Brown by being injured alot. I'm not busting on him I just wonder if anyone else has the same thoughts.
    sigpic

that guy is always injured

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660
      I read that Cortney Brown is gonna be out for this weeks game against KC. Can anyone tell me who is starting in the place of Brown I didn't get to see the game last week. It wouldn't happen to be Dumervil is it?

Does anyone else think that Brown might be back to his old routine as a Cleveland Brown by being injured alot. I'm not busting on him I just wonder if anyone else has the same thoughts.

Kenard Lang started in his place last week and will do so again. He got a sack and put some decent pressure on Bulger. He's a better pass rusher than Brown, but isn't as big and so he may not be as stout against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660

Can anyone tell me why he's still on the team?

The Broncos need a DE in the worst way.........It's too damn bad that Julius Peppers never played for the Browns!

Comment

Maybe just maybe the Browns where right :brick:
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

Courtney Brown's condition is a LOT more serious than people are making out.

I've already posted on this:
            hate to agree with MTN_MAN, but I've basically given up expecting anything out of Courtney Brown. He's had 3 knee operations in the last 4 years. One of them was a serious operation to basically cut micro-grooves in the knee bone to cause it to bleed and generate more cartilage because he basically didn't have any. After you've had arthroscopic surgery for a few times it's down to bone-on-bone & that ain't good.

Well, Terrell Davis tried that kind of micro-surgery and it didn't work. His knees started out the last couple seasons o.k., but quickly flamed up in training camp, knocking him out. He couldn't take the pounding any more.

Brown isn't at that level yet, but it's not looking good. He's a very BIG man and to have knee inflamation and have to have arthroscopic surgery on his same left knee every year is NOT A GOOD THING.

I think if he lasts out this season it will be his last as a Bronco, maybe he'll be forced to retire, more likely he'll bounce around a bit and try to catch on here and there for a season or two more before he hangs it up.

But, it's blindingly clear that all the hype last season about Brown "finally reaching his potential, blah, blah, blah" is just that HYPE without any reality to it.

He's NEVER going to reach his potential because of injury.

Frankly, the Broncos should find a cheaper replacement who can take on blockers and stuff the run, because they're never going to get a BIT of a pass-rush from Courtney Brown. I'm predicting his sack totals will actually DECLINE from the overwhelming number of TWO last season.
            The problem for Courtney is that the knee doesn't get better over time, rather it gets worse. He's a BIG man and once the knee starts to get inflamed, the pounding of an NFL season doesn't let it get better.

It sounds like he just doesn't have enough cartilage left. That's what ended Terrell Davis' career and it looks like Courtney is on the way out too.

Remember that T.D. tried to come back for about 3 years, but never managed to stay healthy. He'd rehab for months and then he'd basically be o.k. But, once the pounding started, his knee would flame out again.

I'm sadly predicting that this is the end of the line for Courtney. He'll be in and out of the lineup this year and be cut by the Broncos next season. Perhaps somebody will give him a tryout, but unless a miracle happens he's just not going to be able to stay healthy or continue to play football for much longer.
            sigpic

Comment

I always hate seeing a Broncos player get injured, but this is probably a good thing in regards to the future because it's more clear cut than ever that the Broncos need a younger, fresh -- pass rushing defensive end on the line.

Ekuban is 30. Lang is 31. Engleberger is 30. Brown's knee condition is degenerative, he's definitely not going to make an impact anymore. Dumervil, is young and unproven, but at least he's somewhat of a start. Predator isn't even a real defensive end, so he doesn't even count. Not to mention, Mike Myers as a DT is older, and Warren isn't worth a dime of that 35 million dollar contract he signed. Not in comparison to the other 20 NFL DT's who do a better job than him on any given Sunday.

Do the math Mikey. You need defensive line help and you need it fast.

Comment

I was all for the idea of gettin Brown couple years back...but he is injured way to much...he wasnt even a very good pass rusher. he was decent against the run tho. I think denver will cut him if he puts up the same numbers as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                  Maybe just maybe the Browns where right :brick:
                  I know I was right.

I like Brown though. When he plays he is good. But those games are few and far between. Now it'll be Warren and soon ... Morgan.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Courtney Brown or trade down! Remember that chant Charlie?
                    "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      Courtney Brown's condition is a LOT more serious than people are making out.

I've already posted on this:

The problem for Courtney is that the knee doesn't get better over time, rather it gets worse. He's a BIG man and once the knee starts to get inflamed, the pounding of an NFL season doesn't let it get better.

It sounds like he just doesn't have enough cartilage left. That's what ended Terrell Davis' career and it looks like Courtney is on the way out too.

Remember that T.D. tried to come back for about 3 years, but never managed to stay healthy. He'd rehab for months and then he'd basically be o.k. But, once the pounding started, his knee would flame out again.

I'm sadly predicting that this is the end of the line for Courtney. He'll be in and out of the lineup this year and be cut by the Broncos next season. Perhaps somebody will give him a tryout, but unless a miracle happens he's just not going to be able to stay healthy or continue to play football for much longer.
                      Wow....I didnt know all of that. Doesnt sound good at all
                      sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
                        "If it's Brown flush it down".......Anybody remember that chant?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
                          No I don't. But I have a bad memory. If what memory I do have serves right, I believe everyone was disappointed with the pick. That he was taken to high or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                            "If it's Brown flush it down".......Anybody remember that chant?
                            Sounds to me like someone needs to read the COC

Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans , and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                              No I don't. But I have a bad memory. If what memory I do have serves right, I believe everyone was disappointed with the pick. That he was taken to high or something like that?
                              Browns had the first overall pick that year, and he was everyone's consensus #1 guy.

I just remember seeing signs in the stadium w/ that on it and hearing the chant on draft day
                              "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X