How will Clinton do in Washington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Clinton do in Washington?

Hey we loved him here and I think he should do well. BUT...if I think about it...he is in the NFC East where running the ball is important to Parcells, Gibbs, Coughlin...and maybe Andy Reid (though he is more pass happy). Defenses are tough in the NFC east. You got an upgraded Philly defense. Dallas was ranked #1....Washington has Lavar and company (which always kept Washington in the game) and the Giants should be more aggresive this year.

No runningback has had any success in that divison last year except for Duece Stately and now he's gone. He barely got what...800 yards(?)

So...Portis (if healthy) should be able to run for 1200....and I think that is the best way to do it because there's no passing game except in Philadelpia...expect the games he will be in to be slow paced.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

I think that he will go good. 1200 yards sounds about right. How much of the O-line did Spurrier change when Davis left? He didn't seem to have much problems running behind their line (pre-Spurrier).
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

If portis has our line and plays the faiders D, chargers D, and the *****s D all 6 times a year he'll do fine.

Comment

From another fan's perspective I think he'll be fine, but not at the quality he was in Denver. Joe Gibbs has already stated he's not to comfortable w/ the line's run protection. He has the tools though to return to 1500 yards provided the Skins fix the errors in their protection.
        Last edited by daredevil25; 04-02-2004, 09:13 AM.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
        The Falcons Flock Message Board

Comment

im not sayin he's a bad back....he just dosnt fit in with gibb's offence

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
            im not sayin he's a bad back....he just dosnt fit in with gibb's offence
            Well, it's Gibbs' job to make the offense work with his stars. If he can't, then he's not worth the money Snyder will be forking over to him.

Don't crucify me for saying this but I'm kind of glad Portis is gone. He was fun to watch but I found his ego rather grating. I tolerated that whole Championship Belt scene because he was Bronco and our team (not just him) had carved up the Chiefs. In other circumstances I would have been supremely pissed at him for being that low class.

Why aren't there more players like Terrell Davis, Marvin Harrison, John Lynch etc.? Perhaps there are but I just don't notice them because they're overshadowed by players like Portis, Sapp, Owens, Keyshawn, etc. What a shame.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              I'm kind of glad Portis is gone.
              your not the only one...
              Last edited by EddyMac87; 04-02-2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

he'll do well, probably around the 1200 yard mark as stated before, but I don't think he'll have the same production as he would have here in Denver. And since he won't be, it makes it that much less important.

Comment

oops.....thought you meant the othe clinton.....
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tahuya man
                    So are you saying that you have a double standard? A Bronco player can do what he wants and you tollerate it, but another player from another team gets condemned for similar behavior? I guess you get points for being honest.
                    Damn straight. Most people do. Take Warren Sapp, for instance. He's loathed by most people who weren't fans of the Bucs. But most Buccaneers fans tolerated his antics because he contributed to their team. It's human nature.

Just because I tolerated Portis' silliness in that game didn't mean I liked it. I thought it reflected poorly on the team.
                    ------

Comment

Hey I think Portis will get around 1700 yards, he is the man for a reason
                      Coming to a stadium near you....

The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

Comment

So are you saying that you have a double standard? A Bronco player can do what he wants and you tollerate it, but another player from another team gets condemned for similar behavior? I guess you get points for being honest.

I'm sure Portis will do well in Washington. He's an extremely talented player. Talent usualy wins out.

He's now where he wants to be. Playing for one of the NFL's premier franchises in one of the world's premier media centers.
                        Lol Tahuya... we all have double standards. We are more accepting of our own faults and the faults of those around us (friends and family) then we are of strangers.

Naturally that is true for the players (and the teams) that we like. Portis' behavior was always ****y and headstrong and I never really liked that part of him. However, running for 1500+ yards and a 5.5 average per carry certainly made me more apt to turn a blind eye to his shannanigans.

Human nature I guess.

So no, I'm not happy he is gone, but the way he acted in the past (and more importantly all of his missed time due to injuries), certainly has lessened my displeasure.

Comment

Re: How will Clinton do in Washington?

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                          Hey we loved him here and I think he should do well. BUT...if I think about it...he is in the NFC East where running the ball is important to Parcells, Gibbs, Coughlin...and maybe Andy Reid (though he is more pass happy). Defenses are tough in the NFC east. You got an upgraded Philly defense. Dallas was ranked #1....Washington has Lavar and company (which always kept Washington in the game) and the Giants should be more aggresive this year.

No runningback has had any success in that divison last year except for Duece Stately and now he's gone. He barely got what...800 yards(?)

So...Portis (if healthy) should be able to run for 1200....and I think that is the best way to do it because there's no passing game except in Philadelpia...expect the games he will be in to be slow paced.
                          What? Do you mean no passing game in the division(which is untrue) or in Washington(also untrue)

Tiki has ran for 1400 in 02, and 1200 on only 278 carries. last year. Philadelphia lost Vincent, Taylor, Emmons, and Whiting - all starters on defense. I'm not sayin they won't be good next year, but I don't see how losing them and adding Dhani Jones and Jevon Kearse = upgrade.

Comment

I thought people tended to be harder on themselves and the ones they are close to. Usually you expect more from your own than you do from strangers.
                            Okay, now you're just arguing with people for the sake of arguing.
                            ------

Comment

Let's say Clinton will do better than Hearst and Griffin.
                              [QUOTE]
                              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X