1977 Broncos vs. 1998 Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Broncos vs. 1998 Broncos

If it were possible for these two teams to play each other, which team do think would win?
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

'98.

The '77 team was pretty good, but that '98 team was arguably one of the greatest teams of any franchise of all time.
    "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

did you honestly think when making this thread that someone was going to say 77? the 98 team was one of the best teams ever! elway 4 life!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

The '98 squad, it had superior talent top to bottom than did the 1977 squad.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

98. without a doubt.

Comment

I'd like to see that game!

Wouldn't it be something if they could play that game SOMEHOW! I'd have to say that the '98 team would win, but I can guarantee you this-that "Orange Crush" defense would've had some moments to shine, yes, even vs. Elway, T.D., Sharpe, etc. I wonder how Morton would've faired vs. Romo, Mobley, Atwater, etc. Too bad that they can't play this game through computers somehow; they probably can!

Comment

No team from the 70's would beat a team from the 90's. With technological advances, players are much faster and stronger and bigger than they were in the 70's. I honestly don't think that game would even be close if it could somehow be played.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                No team from the 70's would beat a team from the 90's. With technological advances, players are much faster and stronger and bigger than they were in the 70's. I honestly don't think that game would even be close if it could somehow be played.

I'd like to test that theory. Are you saying that the Steelers from the 70's, or Cowboys for that matter, wouldn't beat say the current day Cardinals or Browns or Raiders? I think that they'd kill 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer
                  If it were possible for these two teams to play each other, which team do think would win?
                  The 1998 Broncos as they had a much better offense and a good enough Defense.
                  The 1977 Broncos were a poor version of the 2000 Ravens
                  NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan
                    I'd like to test that theory. Are you saying that the Steelers from the 70's, or Cowboys for that matter, wouldn't beat say the current day Cardinals or Browns or Raiders? I think that they'd kill 'em!

No, they wouldn't. They'd get manhandled. Today's players, as someone pointed out above are bigger, faster, stronger and better. I'd go so far as to say that the '70's boys or steelers would get worked by todays top college programs
                    "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Denver's 1998 team.

Even I will admit that.

I really liked Tony Jones and Michael Dean Perry (yes, the Fridge's brother) when they were with the Browns. So, naturally I followed them when they were Broncos.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Get your fat ass off the field Michael Dean Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
                          No, they wouldn't. They'd get manhandled. Today's players, as someone pointed out above are bigger, faster, stronger and better. I'd go so far as to say that the '70's boys or steelers would get worked by todays top college programs

I often hear people say that today's players are bigger, faster, stronger, better, etc. But I don't know if I TOTALLY agree. I mean look at guys like Jack Ham, our own Tom Jackson and Bob Swenson-they were FAST linebackers. Look at Jack Lambert or Randy Gradishar-strong and tenacious. Joe Greene, Rich Jackson, Harvey Martin, Billy Thompson-guys like that are in my opinion equal to guys today. I'd like to hear what others have to say on this subject; very interesting topic!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                            Denver's 1998 team.

Even I will admit that.

I really liked Tony Jones and Michael Dean Perry (yes, the Fridge's brother) when they were with the Browns. So, naturally I followed them when they were Broncos.
                            Yaaaaa........the forklift
                            sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan
                              I often hear people say that today's players are bigger, faster, stronger, better, etc. But I don't know if I TOTALLY agree. I mean look at guys like Jack Ham, our own Tom Jackson and Bob Swenson-they were FAST linebackers. Look at Jack Lambert or Randy Gradishar-strong and tenacious. Joe Greene, Rich Jackson, Harvey Martin, Billy Thompson-guys like that are in my opinion equal to guys today. I'd like to hear what others have to say on this subject; very interesting topic!

Every one of those guys would be slow and undersized if they were rookies today.

Comment

Working...
                              X