• Show
Clear All

• robbensays
    replied
    play madden 07 and find out..

Leave a comment:

• GuitarJ
    replied
    He redeemed himself in 97 with the forklift.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    MDP's failure to drag his fat ass (I'm obviously pretty un PC) off the field before the snap of the ball, thus giving us a 12 men on the field penalty, was one of the reasons we lost to Jax in the '96 playoffs.

Every time I think of that clown, that's the image.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
    Get your fat ass off the field Michael Dean Perry.
    Yes, he was big. Though I wouldn't use those terms. But that's me and my PC self.

Leave a comment:

• East Coast Fan
    replied
    Every one of those guys would be slow and undersized if they were rookies today.

Undersized, I can see that. But slow-T.J. and Swenson were the fastest side-to-side linebackers on that defense; definitely not slow, even by today's standards, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Originally posted by East Coast Fan
    I often hear people say that today's players are bigger, faster, stronger, better, etc. But I don't know if I TOTALLY agree. I mean look at guys like Jack Ham, our own Tom Jackson and Bob Swenson-they were FAST linebackers. Look at Jack Lambert or Randy Gradishar-strong and tenacious. Joe Greene, Rich Jackson, Harvey Martin, Billy Thompson-guys like that are in my opinion equal to guys today. I'd like to hear what others have to say on this subject; very interesting topic!

Every one of those guys would be slow and undersized if they were rookies today.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    Denver's 1998 team.

Even I will admit that.

I really liked Tony Jones and Michael Dean Perry (yes, the Fridge's brother) when they were with the Browns. So, naturally I followed them when they were Broncos.
    Yaaaaa........the forklift

Leave a comment:

• East Coast Fan
    replied
    No, they wouldn't. They'd get manhandled. Today's players, as someone pointed out above are bigger, faster, stronger and better. I'd go so far as to say that the '70's boys or steelers would get worked by todays top college programs

I often hear people say that today's players are bigger, faster, stronger, better, etc. But I don't know if I TOTALLY agree. I mean look at guys like Jack Ham, our own Tom Jackson and Bob Swenson-they were FAST linebackers. Look at Jack Lambert or Randy Gradishar-strong and tenacious. Joe Greene, Rich Jackson, Harvey Martin, Billy Thompson-guys like that are in my opinion equal to guys today. I'd like to hear what others have to say on this subject; very interesting topic!

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Get your fat ass off the field Michael Dean Perry.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Denver's 1998 team.

Even I will admit that.

I really liked Tony Jones and Michael Dean Perry (yes, the Fridge's brother) when they were with the Browns. So, naturally I followed them when they were Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Originally posted by East Coast Fan
    I'd like to test that theory. Are you saying that the Steelers from the 70's, or Cowboys for that matter, wouldn't beat say the current day Cardinals or Browns or Raiders? I think that they'd kill 'em!

No, they wouldn't. They'd get manhandled. Today's players, as someone pointed out above are bigger, faster, stronger and better. I'd go so far as to say that the '70's boys or steelers would get worked by todays top college programs

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Breezer
    If it were possible for these two teams to play each other, which team do think would win?
    The 1998 Broncos as they had a much better offense and a good enough Defense.
    The 1977 Broncos were a poor version of the 2000 Ravens

Leave a comment:

• East Coast Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
    No team from the 70's would beat a team from the 90's. With technological advances, players are much faster and stronger and bigger than they were in the 70's. I honestly don't think that game would even be close if it could somehow be played.

I'd like to test that theory. Are you saying that the Steelers from the 70's, or Cowboys for that matter, wouldn't beat say the current day Cardinals or Browns or Raiders? I think that they'd kill 'em!

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    No team from the 70's would beat a team from the 90's. With technological advances, players are much faster and stronger and bigger than they were in the 70's. I honestly don't think that game would even be close if it could somehow be played.

Leave a comment:

• East Coast Fan
    replied
    I'd like to see that game!

Wouldn't it be something if they could play that game SOMEHOW! I'd have to say that the '98 team would win, but I can guarantee you this-that "Orange Crush" defense would've had some moments to shine, yes, even vs. Elway, T.D., Sharpe, etc. I wonder how Morton would've faired vs. Romo, Mobley, Atwater, etc. Too bad that they can't play this game through computers somehow; they probably can!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X