surprising mock draft results???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surprising mock draft results???

after looking at pete prisco's draft prospects on cbs.com i was surprised at a few things here. so to the ppl who know more about college football than me what do you think of these?

1, rivers ahead of big ben. (eli top).

2, larry fitz. 2nd behind roy williams.

3, rashaun woods at #5.

4, winslow - 'could be better than father and immediate pro bowler, whats not to like'.

5, i noticed ben utecht at #5 and it says he is perfect for a west coast offense (from minnesota) what do u think of him?

6, gamble best corner.

7, taylor top 10 (think ronnie lott)

8, is gallery really this good?

9, wilfork then harris for DT - neither look great.

10, d.j. williams really good? they have oklahomas teddy lehman at #2.

this is what prisco has said and not my opinion. if u watch college football then i would be interesred in your response.

thx, bronx

Just a couple of comments.

The reason that alot of people have Roy Williams over Fitz is because they believe that the Raiders will be jumping on him because of his speed. I would be surprised to see that happen.

Yes Gallery is that good. He is not only good but has a heck of a mean streak that teams really like. The kid is intense. But his value is further skyrocketing because of the fact that their are no other top O Lineman in the draft. So teams that are anywhere from 5-15 feel if they want an O Lineman they better move up to get Gallery or move down because no other OL is worth that high of a pick.

Rivers and Big Ben are both drawing a ton of interest from teams and are both big time. The way I hear it is that several teams have Rivers higher but still many have Big Ben higher. They are both big time though.

Gamble is just that a gamble. He has the tools but has not performed yet. People think he is worth the risk because of the upside. My take is that the kid didn't go to a Division II school this is Ohio State. He was coached and I don't get how he has the upside some people think. I still like Hall, Robinson, and even Poole better. I would be disappointed to see a team I like take Gamble. He does have the height that teams like.

I think Harris is better than the slide he is going through right now. He was double teamed all last year. The year he wasn't he dominated. He will be a very good DT and he had a great workout. I would love to pick him up. We can't get that high but he is a good prospect.

Comment

Gallery could easily go in the top 3. In my ESPN magazine, they said they wouldnt be surprised if Gallery went 1st overall considering that a O-Lineman is a pretty safe pick.
      "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

1. With the recent workouts of Phillip, he has moved up on many teams boards.
        2. Roy Williams ran a 4.38 40 time and has skyrocketed up past Mike and some even think Fitz. The Faiders are interested in him at the #2 spot.
        3. I assume Roy, Fitz, Mike, and Reggie are all rated above him, and in that case, yes he belongs at the #5 spot.
        4. Winslow is an amazing competitor and the team that gets him will probably start him from day 1. That being said, he would have an easier time getting to the pro bowl if he were in the NFC.
        5. Utecht was once considered to be the #2 TE prospect in front of both other Ben's. Since the combine, he has been falling, but will be a late round steal.
        6. Gamble is just what his name says, he's a gamble. He could develop into a "shut down" corner or he could become a bust. I'd rather take DeAngelo Hall or Dunta Robinson.
        7. Taylor definately belongs in the top 10. He has the most talent in this draft, but because of his position, he will fall to #5 I think.
        8. Gallery is this good, he will be a pro bowl LT for some team that really needs O-line help.
        9. Harris is a one gap DT and Wilfork is a two gap DT. It all depends on which kind of DT you prefer.
        10. DJ is the best LB prospect this year. My ranking's are DJ, Vilma, Dansby, Lehman, and Boulware.

Hope this helps.

Call the national guard!!! We're killing the Patriots!!!

classic

Comment

Re: surprising mock draft results???

Originally posted by bronx_2003
          4, winslow - 'could be better than father and immediate pro bowler, whats not to like'.

this is what prisco has said and not my opinion. if u watch college football then i would be interesred in your response.

thx, bronx
          What's not to like? The fact that he's a whiner. I'll take Watson or Troupe any day over this headache called Kellen Winslow.
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Re: Re: surprising mock draft results???

Originally posted by Pierce
            What's not to like? The fact that he's a whiner. I'll take Watson or Troupe any day over this headache called Kellen Winslow.
            Good post. I agree. I like Rivers over Ben or Eli, and I think that J.P. Losman is gonna be another QB teams will kick themselves over not taking him. Utecht is the last of the "sure fire" NFL TEs in this draft, with Troupe and Watson ahead of him.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: surprising mock draft results???

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
              disagree....i like winslow....he has spirit and loves the game....has a mouth like sharpe....who cant love that....
              PORTIS had a "mouth like Sharpe" too, but alot of you detested him for that since he was "too ****y". Winslow may talk like Sharpe, but TROUPE will play like Sharpe.

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
                no i think winslow has more potential then both of the bens
                I agree with that totally, but I wonder if he'll ever live up to it? That outburst put him a totally new light, and made "The Bens" look that much better.

Comment

Winslow

would be a better chance to play like Sharp over Troupe.... Troupe has a lot of 'potential' skill.... Winslow already is showing that he IS a weapon. Sharp would be able to mentor him and cool his jets.

*laughs*. DOESN'T matter... we will not stand a CHANCE to get Winslow

Comment

Working...
                  X