OFFENSE WE NEED O!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFENSE WE NEED O!!!!!!!

I really hope we dont go OLB with our first pick, if so we better draft another stud cover corner! Becuase the ONLY way an OLB is going to make an impact this year is by blitzing alot from the outside so will be in man to man every down to make our OLB pick pay off!
    Last edited by DieHard; 04-04-2004, 05:39 AM.

I have to agree that we need offense first. Reciever and then TE. But we also need another LB especially if Ian Gold is leaving.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
      I have to agree that we need offense first. Reciever and then TE. But we also need another LB especially if Ian Gold is leaving.
      What about Jashon and Donnie? They filled in the gap last season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
        What about Jashon and Donnie? They filled in the gap last season.
        They are good "back ups", but we need a stud like Ian to fill the starting role.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

Everyone is so concerned about the WOLB pos.! The D# has been upgraded and O# slightly downgraded this offseason. The draft can be used to take solid offensive players! You have to realize that not every gap can be filled by a great player. J.Sykes can fill in just fine considering its his 2nd or 3rd year?

Comment

Originally posted by 16-JakE-16
            Everyone is so concerned about the WOLB pos.! The D# has been upgraded and O# slightly downgraded this offseason. The draft can be used to take solid offensive players! You have to realize that not every gap can be filled by a great player. J.Sykes can fill in just fine considering its his 2nd or 3rd year?
            Good point, I see us drafting a WR, TE,OLB, RB then an O-linemen.After that we just start some depth to the roster or make a warfare at training camp hehehe.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

O needs a new spark!!

Even with the leagues best running back - and running system our offense sucked last year!!!!!!!!!!! Move Al Wilson to OLB and let Terry P play in the MLB, then put whoever in the SOLB spot!!
              Last edited by DieHard; 04-05-2004, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
                yep...we can get boulware with our 2nd second rounder....

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                  yep...we can get boulware with our 2nd second rounder....
                  i still think the longer Gold goes unsigned he'll come back n sign a 1 yr deal w/ denver to prove hes healthy n then test FA next year...

Comment

but

when you LOSE 2/3rds of your starting players at ONE position..it IS a position in NEED! We know we need a TE and a WR...but RARELY is it expected to see a Rookie WR make ANY kind of impact on the offensive side of the ball!

OLB have to Blitz to make an impact??? How about play the position solidly! THats ridiculous. We can draft a great WR, and he will probably be no higher than 4th on the Depth chart this year. Running back we can grab in the later rounds and still have them compete for a starting role.

I think a OLB IS a need, and we can't just "hope" gold resigns. Even if he does, his biggest asset was his speed, and that could ver well have lost a step due to the injury. The ONLY offensive player that we could EXPECT to 'boost' our offense THIS year would be a TE like Winslow, and a running back. Others are future plans anyway. Don't think we are going to sign some player that is going to be the "savior" of our offense this season.

Comment

I would like to see Gold back in that scenario. I know a lot of people are made that he wants so much money, but who among us wouldn't at least try to ask for that amount of money, the worst thing a team can say is no. He's a great LB, I like most of the NFL teams am worried about his injury, don't know if he'll be the same guy, his game is based on his speed and if he's much slower, he's a smaller LB that will get muscled around. I wouldn't mind a LB in the first couple rounds of the draft, but I want a RB or WR with our first rounder. Kevin Jones or Chris Perry for RB and Woods or Maybe Clayton at WR, Troupe would be the only non RB or WR that I would want.
                      #56 the Terminator on the turf!!

Comment

Most of the

scouts and reports are turning more heads towards Watson being a better player than Troupe. I don't think we need to spend 1st round money on a RB.. not at the spot we are. We could get a decent running back later that would basically have the same abilities of the ones we could draft in our first round choice.

The WR spots are FULL of talent this year. There are THREE TE that can make an immediate impact.... I would like to see us Grab one of the Miami LBs.... then TE.. then WR. From there we can still get a RB that can compete for the starting job.

Comment

Working...
                        X