Garrison runs for 1500!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrison runs for 1500!!!!!!!

Garrison Hearst will run for at least 1500 with a 4 something average with 10 rushing td's.
    Anyone can be a good running back with denver's o-line!!!
    jeremy LaFountain

Hmmmmmmmm

interesting

Comment

I must agree. GH's legs will have to be pumpin' some good juice to get to 1500 and I don't see it happening.

However, I hope that it does!! Or QG gets 1500. Either way.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

That would be a career high for him.
        actually he did run for 1500+ yards before, check the numbers before u post. However, i still do not think he will get it this year, coz i'm looking for Q to start, and us having a committee rather than a soul back. But it would be cool if both Q and Hearst ran for a 1000 each (highly unlikely though)
        "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

its easy

to feel he'll run for less than a 1000yrds... considering its easy to 'bet' on anything negative. I would bet .. IF... hearst is the starter going into the season... he'll rush for over 1000 yrds.

Ijust watched the 'highlight' video of Q in the other thread... and Q doesn't have the Speed. I'm not down on him yet....I'm going to have the patience to see what happens during the camps, preseason, and so on... but from what I saw in that video, he couldn't out run anybody in college. How is he going to break away in the Pros?

Comment

It's true that ANYONE can run for about 1500 in the Broncos system. But let's wait until after the draft for us to name a starting running back. Garrison is not good, period. He was the number two RB in a passing offense. I'm hoping they get someone else, and in not use the little dude from OK.

Comment

Anyone?

I dont know. I know that Mike Anderson was able to rush for 1500 yrds with Brian Griese at QB. Hearst is not great...but WAS on a pace to have a decent season before injury last year. If Hearst stays healthy, he could be a solid addition. I don't want to count on him as our full time starter though. I think we can put someone in that can get us 1400yrds..... thats decent enough to run the offense.

Comment

i dont even think hearst will start...

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick2
                  That would be a career high for him. That would qualify as a miracle at his with with the milage he's got on his odometer.

Whishful thinking.

look who it is

Comment

Maybe 1500 between him and Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
                      Maybe 1500 between him and Q.
                      Q with 1200 and hearst with 300

Comment

Hearst will have a good year, with around 400-500 rush and 100-200 receiving yards and 4-6 TDs. He is at the end, he is 33 yrs old, he'll be good in the locker room for the younger backs.
                        Q Griffin will get about the same yardage, not bad since they will use him primarily as a 3rd down back. The RB who will get the most yardage isn't even a Bronco yet, it will be the rookie they draft this year, either Chris Perry, Greg Jones, Julius Jones, Tatum Bell, Micheal Turner (who I like a lot) or my favorite Kevin Jones. They will draft a RB with one of their first 3 picks. Also don't be to surprised if Hearst doesn't make it to the final opening day cut. I do guarantee that Hearst will not play in all 16 games, I think the over/under number is closer to 9 games. Just look at Bronco history, T Davis went over 1000 as a rookie, O Gary went over 1000 as a rookie, M Anderson went over 1000 as a rookie, C Portis went over 1500 as a rookie. Denver plugs in young RBs to do the workload, not old aging vet FA pickups, name the last FA pickup RB to go over 1000 yds for Denver. Name the last over 30 yr old RB to go over 1000 yds for Denver. It simply doesn't happen very often. It will be a rookie that gets the workolad, maybe not week 1 but he will get the job much like all the above did before the season ended. I'm not a Hearst hater, just a Hearst realist. He'll do a fine job as a backup and tutor to the younger guys, but he is in no way a 1500 yd 10 TD back anymore. Done and done!!
                        #56 the Terminator on the turf!!

Comment

Re: Garrison runs for 1500!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sptandjjl

Garrison Hearst will run for at least 1500 with a 4 something average with 10 rushing td's.
                          Anyone can be a good running back with denver's o-line!!!
                          i know someone who cant. but its a bad word in my book so i wont say his name. his dad was a fine quarterback though.
                          mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Re: Re: Garrison runs for 1500!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GoDenver
                            i know someone who cant. but its a bad word in my book so i wont say his name. his dad was a fine quarterback though.
                            LOL

Comment

Mustang56

Don't Put PORTIS that much more over the other ROOKIES you labled there....

Gary rushed for over 1300yrds as a rookie.. and MIKE ANDERSON also rushed for 1500yrds as a rookie (just like your Portis). So I'm feeling confident that we can replace this "best runner in the nfl" with a running back that can at least get us 1300-1400 yrds this year. Whether he be a rookie or a player on our roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X