Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997-1998 Broncos better than 1972 Dolphins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997-1998 Broncos better than 1972 Dolphins?

Now that the Chiefs have lost... they wont be catching the 1972 Dolphins, and I have been holding on to this information...

I did a bit of research...

and the Donkos won 18 games in a row.

the 13 in 1998. the last game of the regular season in 1997.

The wildcard playoff... the divisional playoff, the afc championship, and the superbowl...

18 in a row... that definately was one of the best teams in NFL history. Dolphins won 17 in a row... dunno how many they won to start the 1973 season... could be a lot more in a row...

but this was an observation, I thought I would share. congrats Donkos.
    [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Re: 1997-1998 Broncos better than 1972 Dolphins?

Originally posted by chi3fs
    Now that the Chiefs have lost... they wont be catching the 1972 Dolphins, and I have been holding on to this information...

The wildcard playoff... the divisional playoff, the afc championship, and the superbowl...

18 in a row... that definately was one of the best teams in NFL history. Dolphins won 17 in a row... dunno how many they won to start the 1973 season... could be a lot more in a row...

but this was an observation, I thought I would share. congrats Donko b!tches.
    Thanx for the observation, i was very disappointed when we lost our 14th game that year
    sigpic

Comment

ok... 1971 Dolphins lost in Superbowl to Dallas...

then won 17 in a row...to win superbowl in 1972... then won 1st game of 1973... lost game 2 to Raiders....

then won 10 more in a row.

28-1 streak... unreal..

Comment

Re: 1997-1998 Broncos better than 1972 Dolphins?

but this was an observation, I thought I would share. congrats Donko b!tches.
        Hey chef watch the language it can be costly. Btw da you think you uncovered some hidden gem? I would say most Denver fans already know that bit of information.
        Last edited by TXBRONC; 11-16-2003, 09:47 PM.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The '96 '97 '98 Broncos are the winningest team over a 3 year period in the history of the NFL. Cowabunga!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
            The '96 '97 '98 Broncos are the winningest team over a 3 year period in the history of the NFL. Cowabunga!
            Yes they are..

I commend chi3fs for coming down off the cloud and having a reasonable post. Guess a loss can do that. CYA Dec 7th. Pearl Harbor Day.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I'd still give the nod to the Dolphins. We put a hell of a streak together, and granted our season is long than what they played, but they get there props, they got the wins in one season, while we bridged the gap between two.

But it sure was sweet going 24-0 at home during our run.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I concur, to go an entire season without a loss is something very special and in this day and age there is very low probability that it will happen again.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i think

i think we lost the game to ny in 98 on purpose the press was killing us with the 16-0 talk plus we already had homefield advantage and the bye

Comment

I don't think so. Denver had a shot at going undefeated, no matter how great the pressure from the press they still wanted to win. If they intentually lost a game and it were found out I thin the League would be have to do something about it.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think we lost on purpose too, why else did we let Tito Paul get out on the field, what the hell were we thinking.

It was a ot of pressure and the Broncs struggled the two weeks before to keep it going, it made the Miami game the next week mute, so Shanny scaled back the playbook and played a vanilla defense. We kept our eye on the prize and that was what was really important.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

im glad that the Donkos lost vs the Jints... for the same reason that you are glad we lost to the Bungles...

if either the CHiefs or the Donkos had gone 16-0... there would have been nothing the other teams fans could have said to out trump that...

DAMN... too bad the Chiefs had to lose, I at least wanted to have a HUGE showdown at Infesto on Dec 7th... you know you all wanted a shot at the undefeated Chiefs....

Comment

im glad that the Donkos lost vs the Jints... for the same reason that you are glad we lost to the Bungles...

if either the CHiefs or the Donkos had gone 16-0... there would have been nothing the other teams fans could have said to out trump that...
                          Don't worry, chi3fs, you never had anything to out-trump us.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Don't worry, chi3fs, you never had anything to out-trump us.
                            I could not agree more.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

DAMN... too bad the Chiefs had to lose, I at least wanted to have a HUGE showdown at Infesto on Dec 7th... you know you all wanted a shot at the undefeated Chiefs....

As I said in another post, because you are the rivalry this year and the team to beat. I would love for the Chiefs to come into MileHigh with at least 2 more losses and then we beat you again.

There was no time I ever wished that the Chiefs would come in undefeated. Cinci did their job and you lost to the "Bengals".
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X