Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

denver, kc, and an interesting insight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to follow up a little more on Gold, did you notice that he tore his ACL on the 2ND return attempt? that means maybe his first was regular but then he already ran down the field once and was tired, breathing, trying to get oxygen in his system, but becasue of the thin air, the second time his body/leg didnt respond and as a result.....i dont know it just is making more sense the more i think about it i was just kidding at first LOL.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I don't know, man. Sometimes injuries just happen by having body parts bend in ways their not supposed to.

Until I see some stats showing that the Broncos suffer more injuries long-term than other teams, I won't buy into high altitude being a factor. I really think the past few seasons have just been bad luck.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        I say this because they work so hard in practice and it results in stronger, but more tight muscles that can easily tear or strain. This is combined with the fact there is thin air in Denver muscles are not properly oxygenized (LOL). Some injuries, like broken pinkies and such are more a result of bad luck, but the tears strains and briuses (Ian Gold, Terry Pierce, Cole, Mccaffrey) come from those being so tight and combinations like that. Thats why every year we have so many injuries.
        Lava, you make an interesting hypothesis about altitude, tight muscles and injuries. However, there is no medical research to back up that idea. If anything, high altitude training gives the Broncos an advantage over teams that train at lower altitudes and play at Mile High. This is because the body adapts by increasing the O2 carrying capacity in the blood to meet the demands of less O2 in the air. Therefore, one might expect greater fatigue among players of opposing teams. On the road, at lower altitudes, the Broncos have no advantage because 02 is more abundant. Muscles don't get tighter because of lack of O2. Injuries to ACLs, are due to forces on the knee joint that exceed the strength of the ligament that supports the joint. Although fatigue could play a factor, you can't train to strengthen ligaments. So injuries that occur are more likely due to chance. There is no statitical proof that Denver has more injuries than teams from lower elevations. Look at New England. There is however, research that shows ligaments can be weakened by steroid use. Wish I knew the answer for Denvers rash of injuries. It seems it's just bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          It seems that you can't just plug anybody into the special teams and have success. The Broncos have paid the price for using some of their starters on special teams but they did it because they felt the other players weren't as good.

What I wonder is how big a discrepancy is there between players like Gold and Sykes on special teams. Is Gold just a little better or quite a bit better? Where do you draw the line between risking a starter on special teams and having lesser talent on special teams? I guess that's why the coaches get paid the big bucks.
          I think the biggest reason that Gold was on Special Teams was because of his speed. Certainly, Sykes and Spragan don't have his speed but I think they would be alright. Spragan covered kick offs last season so he has experience. Keith Burns is on Special Teams and he's the slowest Linebacker on the team, if fact as you probably already know that how Keith has made his living in the pros. I also agree this is why the coaches are paid the big bucks to make these kinds of decisions.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Bronco vs. Charger game

Hello my name is Nick and I was at the Bronco vs. Chargers game last week. Had a great time!! Adding to
            the fun was the fact that I was on T.V.. Apparently
            on of the T.V. announcers made a comment about the
            leather helmet that I was wearing. I would really like
            to get a VCR recording of the game. Can anyone help?
            Thanks, Nick

email [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcat
              Lava, you make an interesting hypothesis about altitude, tight muscles and injuries. However, there is no medical research to back up that idea. If anything, high altitude training gives the Broncos an advantage over teams that train at lower altitudes and play at Mile High. This is because the body adapts by increasing the O2 carrying capacity in the blood to meet the demands of less O2 in the air. Therefore, one might expect greater fatigue among players of opposing teams. On the road, at lower altitudes, the Broncos have no advantage because 02 is more abundant. Muscles don't get tighter because of lack of O2. Injuries to ACLs, are due to forces on the knee joint that exceed the strength of the ligament that supports the joint. Although fatigue could play a factor, you can't train to strengthen ligaments. So injuries that occur are more likely due to chance. There is no statitical proof that Denver has more injuries than teams from lower elevations. Look at New England. There is however, research that shows ligaments can be weakened by steroid use. Wish I knew the answer for Denvers rash of injuries. It seems it's just bad luck.
              Damn ... you take all the fun out of that argument. LOL
              Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcat
                The part about muscle tightness i give that to the fact that the broncos are one of the hardest working teams and dont stretch long enough. you are right though, i dont have any facts or numbers to support it i was just throwing it out there for response. Who knows, maybe i'm the first one to notice then people will study it and find out its true.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                X