Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walker asked to apologize for spitting on cheerleader (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I have any friends that I haven't spit water on.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
      no no no no no.....if it was T.O. then it deffinitely would have been a classless act (if on purpose) because T.O. get's in trouble and loves media drama eveyday. Javon does not like to bring drama like that. Why would a new reciever that is never in trouble want to spit water on a cheerleader on his first home game with his new team?

Don't even try and compare the two...in Javons defense, he met with her the next day to apologize!!! Did you read that???!!! I guess you didn't. He must have felt really bad and wanted to make it up to her. Besides this was investigated internally and the media ALWAYS loves anything like this to turn it into something bigger than it really is.
      Actually Javon isnt a typicall Dnever WR. unlike Rod Ed Eddy Mac, he has created drama in GB on several occasions. 2 have been published in some form nationally.

What are you talking about, he had to be ASKED to apologize, that hardly means a thing. If he did it on his own then it would be a no story at all to anyone. But someone had to ask him to apologize, thats a fake apology half the time.

Also, im not saying he did it on purpose nor should you guys be mad at him, i was just agreeing that if it was a player on another team, especially a rival team, you guys would be upset.
      Last edited by GridironChamp; 09-30-2006, 04:59 PM.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
        Actually Javon isnt a typicall Dnever WR. unlike Rod Ed Eddy Mac, he has created drama in GB on several occasions. 2 have been published in some form nationally.

What are you talking about, he had to be ASKED to apologize, that hardly means a thing. If he did it on his own then it would be a no story at all to anyone. But someone had to ask him to apologize, thats a fake apology half the time.
        So are you sure you know which half he falls into?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          So are you sure you know which half he falls into?

-----
          Oh, it was just water so that leads me to my conclusion. I believe Walker did it on accident, i was just agreeing that you guys would be upset if it was another player like someone else posted.

I edited my post to say that.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

at least he didnt Swallow JK!!

but that is a pretty funny story!!

Comment

Oh, it was just water so that leads me to my conclusion. I believe Walker did it on accident, i was just agreeing that you guys would be upset if it was another player like someone else posted.

I edited my post to say that.
              Oh? Is that what you think of me, or are you just stereotyping me in?

-----

Comment

Also, im not saying he did it on purpose nor should you guys be mad at him, i was just agreeing that if it was a player on another team, especially a rival team, you guys would be upset.

I have to admit...If it were B.O I might rip him for it. I probably couldn't pass up the opportunity. Because, quite frankly, he's worth it.

I would be wrong in doing so.....But it wouldn't the first time I was wrong, nor the last.

I don't know if it would upset me though!

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
                  THIS IS ALL JAKE PLUMMERS FAULT!!!! BENCH HIM!!
                  Yeah yeah Plummer told him to do it

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    Oh? Is that what you think of me, or are you just stereotyping me in?

-----
                    Hm, a lil of both as a matter of fact. I think in general Denver fans would do that but also i wouldnt expect you to defend him.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Crush 16
                      Walker asked to apologize for spitting

Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker was asked by team officials to apologize for spitting water on a team cheerleader during the Broncos' 9-6 win Sept. 17 against the Kansas City Chiefs at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Broncos officials said Friday the matter had been "handled internally."

Several fans witnessed the incident, as well as some of the team's cheerleaders. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, executive vice president of business operations Joe Ellis and coach Mike Shanahan all were made aware of the incident last week.

Walker and the cheerleader met the day after the game when Walker apologized. He is not expected to face any other discipline.

Walker could not be reached for comment Friday with the Broncos players having been given a four-day weekend because of the team's bye Sunday. Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not return a call seeking comment.

Teresa Shear, the team's director of cheerleaders and game-day entertainment, also could not be reached for comment.

Walker is believed to have taken a drink from a water bottle after a second-half timeout. As the cheerleaders were finishing a routine and Walker was going back onto the field, the wide receiver turned and spit out the water, hitting one of the cheerleaders. It is not clear whether it was intentional.

The Broncos learned of the incident from team employees and from several fans.

Walker, who scored two touchdowns Sunday at New England, is in his first season with the Broncos after an April trade. The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draft to the Green Bay Packers for Walker, who then signed a five-year contract extension in Denver that could be worth $40 million over the life of the deal.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...032629,00.html
                      Doesn't sound like it was intentional.
                      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Hmm a wet cheerleader soaking wet........

Hot damn
                        XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

If it was not intentional, he may not even realized that he hit her with the water. Possibly why he was ask to apologize. Someone is not likely to apologize if they did not realize they did something wrong.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

So wait, you yelling at me for agreeing with someone on something that you deep down know is true?

Every teams board would do it, all. They would be pissed if someone did that anyone involved with thier team.

And because its Walker you are calling it unintentional. IF it was EK, or TO everyone would say it WAS on purpose.
                            No, we really woundn't.

There's absolutely no motive involved, if he had had an argument with the cheerleader - for whatever reason - earlier on, then maybe we would think so.

But players often turn and spit the water out on the way to the field, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lame attempt.

Comment

Don't ya just love the BYE week. Sportswriters grasping at anything to fill up their sports columns. Too bad the sportswriters don't ALSO have a bye week!!!!!

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                                No, we really woundn't.

There's absolutely no motive involved, if he had had an argument with the cheerleader - for whatever reason - earlier on, then maybe we would think so.

But players often turn and spit the water out on the way to the field, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lame attempt.
                                Attempt at what? I've already said i dont think he did it on purpose i was just agreeing that you guys would care if it was another player and not one of your own.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X