Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walker asked to apologize for spitting on cheerleader (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I hope it wasn't intentional.
    It wouldn't be funny. Spitting on anyone is classless. Ask Romo.
    That's a nasty act that isn't funny by any means.

I wouldn't hope that was in Javon's character, so I'm going to believe it was unintentional.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Walker thought it was a wet shirt contest!!

Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker was asked by team officials to apologize for spitting water on a team cheerleader during the Broncos' 9-6 win Sept. 17 against the Kansas City Chiefs at Invesco Field at Mile High.
      Broncos officials said Friday the matter had been "handled internally."

Several fans witnessed the incident, as well as some of the team's cheerleaders. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, executive vice president of business operations Joe Ellis and coach Mike Shanahan all were made aware of the incident last week.

Walker and the cheerleader met the day after the game when Walker apologized. He is not expected to face any other discipline.

Walker could not be reached for comment Friday with the Broncos players having been given a four-day weekend because of the team's bye Sunday. Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not return a call seeking comment.

Teresa Shear, the team's director of cheerleaders and game-day entertainment, also could not be reached for comment.

Walker is believed to have taken a drink from a water bottle after a second-half timeout. As the cheerleaders were finishing a routine and Walker was going back onto the field, the wide receiver turned and spit out the water, hitting one of the cheerleaders. It is not clear whether it was intentional.

The Broncos learned of the incident from team employees and from several fans.

Walker, who scored two touchdowns Sunday at New England, is in his first season with the Broncos after an April trade. The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draft to the Green Bay Packers for Walker, who then signed a five-year contract extension in Denver that could be worth $40 million over the life of the deal.

Comment

Silly Javon, tricks are for kids :nono:

Comment

This can't be right. Surely Letterman came by and took the 'Walker' off his chest, covering up each and every 'Plummer'.
          Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

C'mon

Had to have been an accident, Javon is a classy guy and would not do that on purpose!
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah it had to be an accident...I, well my bike, has been spit on as I passed an unsuspecting slower biker. They turn to spit not thinking anyone is there and BLAMMO....YUCK!!!

PEACE!!!
              Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 10-02-2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

This thread has already been made by someone else
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                  This thread has already been made by someone else

PEACE!!!

Comment

Do you suppose Javon was channeling Romo?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      Do you suppose Javon was channeling Romo?

More like Randy Moss.
                      "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                        . The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draftdeal.
                        Your saying we still have our 1st round pick and the Falcons also? It hard not to se were your spitting but I don't know if its on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                          Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker was asked by team officials to apologize for spitting water on a team cheerleader during the Broncos' 9-6 win Sept. 17 against the Kansas City Chiefs at Invesco Field at Mile High.
                          Broncos officials said Friday the matter had been "handled internally."

Several fans witnessed the incident, as well as some of the team's cheerleaders. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, executive vice president of business operations Joe Ellis and coach Mike Shanahan all were made aware of the incident last week.

Walker and the cheerleader met the day after the game when Walker apologized. He is not expected to face any other discipline.

Walker could not be reached for comment Friday with the Broncos players having been given a four-day weekend because of the team's bye Sunday. Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not return a call seeking comment.

Teresa Shear, the team's director of cheerleaders and game-day entertainment, also could not be reached for comment.

Walker is believed to have taken a drink from a water bottle after a second-half timeout. As the cheerleaders were finishing a routine and Walker was going back onto the field, the wide receiver turned and spit out the water, hitting one of the cheerleaders. It is not clear whether it was intentional.

The Broncos learned of the incident from team employees and from several fans.

Walker, who scored two touchdowns Sunday at New England, is in his first season with the Broncos after an April trade. The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draft to the Green Bay Packers for Walker, who then signed a five-year contract extension in Denver that could be worth $40 million over the life of the deal.
                          I remember in the KC game he ran over a camera lady and helped her up. And she was fat! I sincerely doubt Javon intentionally spit on a cheerleader
                          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

I don't think that it was on purpose. Atleast I hope not.
                            RIP Darrent Williams
                            You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Well I hope not they cheer for him. Why would you spit on some one who cheers for you.

Comment

Back from where I come from, that's called "Spitter's Rights", which means he gets first dibs, hence the next day meeting to "apologize" and ask her out fer a date.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Working...
                                X