Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walker asked to apologize for spitting on cheerleader (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange Crush 16
    Walker asked to apologize for spitting

Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker was asked by team officials to apologize for spitting water on a team cheerleader during the Broncos' 9-6 win Sept. 17 against the Kansas City Chiefs at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Broncos officials said Friday the matter had been "handled internally."

Several fans witnessed the incident, as well as some of the team's cheerleaders. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, executive vice president of business operations Joe Ellis and coach Mike Shanahan all were made aware of the incident last week.

Walker and the cheerleader met the day after the game when Walker apologized. He is not expected to face any other discipline.

Walker could not be reached for comment Friday with the Broncos players having been given a four-day weekend because of the team's bye Sunday. Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not return a call seeking comment.

Teresa Shear, the team's director of cheerleaders and game-day entertainment, also could not be reached for comment.

Walker is believed to have taken a drink from a water bottle after a second-half timeout. As the cheerleaders were finishing a routine and Walker was going back onto the field, the wide receiver turned and spit out the water, hitting one of the cheerleaders. It is not clear whether it was intentional.

The Broncos learned of the incident from team employees and from several fans.

Walker, who scored two touchdowns Sunday at New England, is in his first season with the Broncos after an April trade. The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draft to the Green Bay Packers for Walker, who then signed a five-year contract extension in Denver that could be worth $40 million over the life of the deal.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...032629,00.html
    ROTFLMAO! This is cracking me up. Players do this all the time and to imply it was some intentional act just proves we are on a bye week looking to discuss something. Perhaps a suspension and fine is in order here?

Too much.

Oh and BTW: I agree that having Javon in a Bronco uniform is great!!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by 26portis
    LMFAO^^
    i know!
    thats the one thing i hate bout this site!
    u better bring ur dictinary with u!!

ppl FLIP over it!

its called INTERNET!

who cares how fast/slow good/bad we type!

if u dont like it then leave

We care how well you type.

So, if YOU don't like it, leave.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    DPOST this morning quotes him as saying he wasn't aware she was standing there and that he spit on Marshall a little as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I am sure he was just joking around and she wasn't mad but because it got attention they made a public appoligy.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange Crush 16
    I'm a little shocked by the responses in this thread. If it was a player on a another team, we'd all be bashing him and saying how classless that guy is lol
    My guess is that Walker didn't know he did it. I am outraged that you are outraged until hearing all of the facts.

Leave a comment:

• tommy1986
    replied
    she probably deserved it anyway

Leave a comment:

• Sharpe's Mouth
    replied
    Back from where I come from, that's called "Spitter's Rights", which means he gets first dibs, hence the next day meeting to "apologize" and ask her out fer a date.

Leave a comment:

• bruce80_267
    replied
    Well I hope not they cheer for him. Why would you spit on some one who cheers for you.

Leave a comment:

• MyFav
    replied
    I don't think that it was on purpose. Atleast I hope not.

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by NBudris
    Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker was asked by team officials to apologize for spitting water on a team cheerleader during the Broncos' 9-6 win Sept. 17 against the Kansas City Chiefs at Invesco Field at Mile High.
    Broncos officials said Friday the matter had been "handled internally."

Several fans witnessed the incident, as well as some of the team's cheerleaders. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, executive vice president of business operations Joe Ellis and coach Mike Shanahan all were made aware of the incident last week.

Walker and the cheerleader met the day after the game when Walker apologized. He is not expected to face any other discipline.

Walker could not be reached for comment Friday with the Broncos players having been given a four-day weekend because of the team's bye Sunday. Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, did not return a call seeking comment.

Teresa Shear, the team's director of cheerleaders and game-day entertainment, also could not be reached for comment.

Walker is believed to have taken a drink from a water bottle after a second-half timeout. As the cheerleaders were finishing a routine and Walker was going back onto the field, the wide receiver turned and spit out the water, hitting one of the cheerleaders. It is not clear whether it was intentional.

The Broncos learned of the incident from team employees and from several fans.

Walker, who scored two touchdowns Sunday at New England, is in his first season with the Broncos after an April trade. The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draft to the Green Bay Packers for Walker, who then signed a five-year contract extension in Denver that could be worth $40 million over the life of the deal.
    I remember in the KC game he ran over a camera lady and helped her up. And she was fat! I sincerely doubt Javon intentionally spit on a cheerleader

Leave a comment:

• bruce80_267
    replied
    Originally posted by NBudris
    . The Broncos sent a second-round pick in the draftdeal.
    Your saying we still have our 1st round pick and the Falcons also? It hard not to se were your spitting but I don't know if its on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    Do you suppose Javon was channeling Romo?

More like Randy Moss.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Do you suppose Javon was channeling Romo?

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    This thread has already been made by someone else

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    This thread has already been made by someone else

Leave a comment:

Working...