No Huddle. The New offensive trend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Huddle. The New offensive trend.

Belly-chick tried it against the Broncos last weekend and taking a look-see around the league thus far some teams are using it as well.

The Chargers have been running it against the Ravens the Ravens have started to use it in the same game.

The Jets are using it against the 'struggling' Colts D, and now the Colts are using it against the Jets as well.

No huddle works well for a while, but when teams go to the well too often it usually comes back to bite them.
    Last edited by old_school_44; 10-01-2006, 12:24 PM.

Originally posted by old_school_44
    Belly-chick tried it against the Broncos last weekend and taking a look-see around the league thus far many teams are using it as well.

The Chargers have been running it against the Ravens the Ravens have started to use it in the same game.

The Jets are using it against the 'struggling' Colts D.

No huddle works well for a while, but when teams go to the well too often it usually comes back to bite them.
    True, but it is a very effective method to wearing out your opponent's defense who rotate defenders in between plays.
    sigpic

Comment

Jim Kelly always ran it the best.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

It seems to be good for a drive a game. After that it just seems to stall out and offer few advantages for most teams.

Comment

Manning and the Colts have been doing this for years.

Trends sometimes go in cycles. Buffalo, Denver, and Houston used to run this type of offense from time to time a lot during the 90s. I'm sure there were others that did as well, that's just off the top of my head.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

cinncinati runs it too.. against pitts and pats now..

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
              Manning and the Colts have been doing this for years.
              Manning still does. ...and guess what?? In the playoffs it caught up to them when Pittsburgh's D just teed-off on Manning

It's kind of interesting that the Indy Manning's struggled a bit today even though their 'token' running game was doing pretty good.

Comment

I think the weirdest thing about this is that a couple of high school teams have started running it on a couple of plays....totally bizarre.
                ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Should we be worried about the no huddle offense?

I dont know about the rest of you but when the Patriots went into the "no huddle offense" we looked like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off out there and they moved the ball. Both the Ravens and the Chargers have implemented this into their offenses and use it frequently. Now I know that all teams have a "two minute drill" when time is running down but both of these teams use it at any time. The Chargers used it quite effectively and this concerns me a little bit. I hope that Coyer and the rest of the coaching staff have an answer to this. Your thoughts....
                  Last edited by 24SuperChamp; 10-01-2006, 09:45 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

If it is used against us I won't be so much as worried as I will nervous hoping they don't get a first down.

I think that was just late in the game, we were up 17-0, our defense was tired, and we were just trying to keep them from making a big play fast. I wouldn't worry too much about it, we should still stop the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
                      I dont know about the rest of you but when the Patriots went into the "no huddle offense" we looked like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off out there and they moved the ball. Both the Ravens and the Chargers have implemented this into their offenses and use it frequently. Now I know that all teams have a "two minute drill" when time is running down but both of these teams use it at any time. The Chargers used it quite effectively and this concerns me a little bit. I hope that Coyer and the rest of the coaching staff have an answer to this. Your thoughts....
                      it's called prevent d

Comment

Yes, I wouldn't be worried. Our D will be fine.

Comment

I wouldn't worry, the no huddle is supposed to gain points fast.

Get ahead and keep the momentum, then the no huddle isn't as effective since you put your opponent on their heels.

Comment

People...it's not like the no-huddle is some great new thing. It has its advantages and limitations...

Comment

Originally posted by Neversummer672
                              it's called prevent d

Call it what you want but they should not look so disorientated playing prevent. Being tired is one thing but not knowing your defensive assignment is another. I just hope they get their assignments down in the "prevent" tired or not before it blows up in our face. Both the Ravens and the Chargers use this and they have not been playing catch up when they do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X