The Broncos Beat a Really Good Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Yes the Patriots are still a very good team but I still think their receiving corp is suspect. They won yesterday because the could rely on their running game, the Bengals for all their fire power on offense still can not defend the run to save their collective lives.
    I totally agree. Cinci has to get their run defense much better to be a superbowl contender.

Denver would run on them all day long. We are better then NE on running.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Denver just happens to match up very well with New England. You guys have really good LB's that negate a lot of the things we try to do. Plus Shanahan seems to understand how Belichick thinks which allows him to always appear one step ahead. He kind of does to Belichick what Belichick does to everybody else. It's an interesting phenomena to observe.

The other thing that helped you guys (please don't misunderstand, this is not an excuse or a slight against Denver) is that the Patriots are in the process of completely transforming themselves into something different. Gabriel and Chad Jackson are the two guys our offensive passing game is trying to morph around but Jackson has been out all year b/c of his hamstring and Gabriel is brand new to the team.

What I'm trying to say is that not only do you guys match up well with us but you also caught us at the right time. Once Gabriel and Jackson get healthy and acclimated to this offense and form some chemistry with Brady, we'll be a completely different team on offense.

But for the time being, you deserve your bragging rights. Your defense has been playing some oustanding football.
      MEET THE NEW BOSS...SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

Comment

Originally posted by PYPER
        Denver just happens to match up very well with New England. You guys have really good LB's that negate a lot of the things we try to do. Plus Shanahan seems to understand how Belichick thinks which allows him to always appear one step ahead. He kind of does to Belichick what Belichick does to everybody else. It's an interesting phenomena to observe.

The other thing that helped you guys (please don't misunderstand, this is not an excuse or a slight against Denver) is that the Patriots are in the process of completely transforming themselves into something different. Gabriel and Chad Jackson are the two guys our offensive passing game is trying to morph around but Jackson has been out all year b/c of his hamstring and Gabriel is brand new to the team.

What I'm trying to say is that not only do you guys match up well with us but you also caught us at the right time. Once Gabriel and Jackson get healthy and acclimated to this offense and form some chemistry with Brady, we'll be a completely different team on offense.

But for the time being, you deserve your bragging rights. Your defense has been playing some oustanding football.
        I think Bellicheck is a fine coach.. but I wonder if he's as good as it has appeared in the past. Teams that have won multible Super Bowls just have that set of chemistry that 'works' for those 4 years.. and then things disapate. Bellicheck is constantly getting rid of his talent, feeling as though he can plug anyone in. Its not going ot work. He's going to have to start learning to understand that the NFL is a business, and he can't keep screwing players (like he did Brown)... and releasing team leaders. Brady took a pay cut so to keep the team competitive... the watches his TWO top receivers walk out the door because the Patriots wouldn't pay them. Do you think Brady is a lil pissed about that? hell yea he is.

Bill has a lot to learn as far as that goes. It started with Milloy.. then every player after that was just overlooked as though they could easily be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by PYPER
          But for the time being, you deserve your bragging rights.
          For the time being, meaning like the last 10 years, some of which you DID have all the pieces in place...

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
            For the time being, meaning like the last 10 years, some of which you DID have all the pieces in place...
            10 years? Dude, it goes WAY longer than that. The Broncos are the only team to ever make me cry. That '86 playoff loss was the first time I had my heart broken. I was in love with that Patriots team. I became a Pats fan the year before but that was the season I really became a die-hard.

Then there was the '88 season finale. We controlled our own destiny and all we had to do was beat Elway to make the playoffs. That one was particularly painful b/c it was last time we were a competitive team for what seemed like an eternity.

But then Kraft bought the team in '94 and it's been mostly good times ever since. Although we never did manage to beat Elway (0 for 11, I think).

You guys have definitely kicked our butts in this series. That's why I actually consider the Broncos one of our top rivalries. There's not another team in the league that's caused our team more heartache.

That's exactly why we MUST play you again in the playoffs. This season marks the 20th anniversary of me becoming a die hard Pats fan. The playoffs will mark the 20th anniversary of my first heart break. The stars are aligning. There could be no better time for us to finally avenge all these painful losses than to beat you guys in an important playoff game. I'm hoping it's in the AFC Championship game.
            MEET THE NEW BOSS...SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

Comment

Working...
            X