Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is saying that denver owns NE too easy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is saying that denver owns NE too easy?

    i keep hearing that we have there number and thats why we won but i think that discredits a fantastic game by denver.

    i know some teams play well against others and that is the case here but this was a fresh game against a very good team at a place where they hardly ever lose. they were favourites but we took it to them and played great.

    all i hear the analysts say is 'denver has there number' as if that gives NE a pass and just washes over our great gameplan and victory.

    i also do not believe that indy owns us. in the last 4 games played it is tied 2-2.

    even if you take away our pre-seaon win its still only 2-1 in favour of the colts - all three played in there dome when they are almost invincible. losing maybe 1/2 a year there.

    anyone else thinks that just saying 'denver always owns NE' is a bit of a cheap way of discrediting our fantastic performance/victory?

  • #2
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i keep hearing that we have there number and thats why we won but i think that discredits a fantastic game by denver.

    i know some teams play well against others and that is the case here but this was a fresh game against a very good team at a place where they hardly ever lose. they were favourites but we took it to them and played great.

    all i hear the analysts say is 'denver has there number' as if that gives NE a pass and just washes over our great gameplan and victory.

    i also do not believe that indy owns us. in the last 4 games played it is tied 2-2.

    even if you take away our pre-seaon win its still only 2-1 in favour of the colts - all three played in there dome when they are almost invincible. losing maybe 1/2 a year there.

    anyone else thinks that just saying 'denver always owns NE' is a bit of a cheap way of discrediting our fantastic performance/victory?
    It's walways just a bunch of excuses when we beat the Pansies. But Bronco nation knows the truth.. yes we do own the Pats and we clobbered them good this time around as we will again the next time.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RBDynasty
      It's walways just a bunch of excuses when we beat the Pansies. But Bronco nation knows the truth.. yes we do own the Pats and we clobbered them good this time around as we will again the next time.
      we do own them but it was still a great win on the day...not just based on past success against them.

      i love the quote in the sig. i agree 100%

      Comment


      • #4
        I touched on this in the Contender/Pretender thread:

        At this point Denver beating New England consistently over the years only goes to show that Denver is built to beat New England and nothing more. I watched some of the Broncos first 2 games and I saw 2 different teams between weeks 1/2 and 3. Watching the Broncos playoff defeats and then seeing the Pats playoff game is like watching 2 different Bronco teams.

        The Pats/Broncos matchups usually don't give a good indication of where both teams are heading in the season - I've seen NE finish 3 games higher, even or 3 games lower than the Broncos after a regular season loss.

        I am willing to concede that the Broncos matchup better than the Pats but aren't necessarily a better team overall (in terms of the entire league).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by honestpatsfan
          I touched on this in the Contender/Pretender thread:

          At this point Denver beating New England consistently over the years only goes to show that Denver is built to beat New England and nothing more. I watched some of the Broncos first 2 games and I saw 2 different teams between weeks 1/2 and 3. Watching the Broncos playoff defeats and then seeing the Pats playoff game is like watching 2 different Bronco teams.

          The Pats/Broncos matchups usually don't give a good indication of where both teams are heading in the season - I've seen NE finish 3 games higher, even or 3 games lower than the Broncos after a regular season loss.

          I am willing to concede that the Broncos matchup better than the Pats but aren't necessarily a better team overall (in terms of the entire league).
          They are right now. Your coach has depleted them completely. You've had teams with much more talent.. yet.. you get beat. The ONLY time, out of the last 6 matchups, that you won was when we had our third string QB in, and we STILL almost beat you (came down to a last minute TD, and a MUFF by oneal)..... sounds like we jsut out coach you. Shanahan knows how to counter belichecks thoughts. Shanahan is better at game planning against bill, than Bill is against Shanahan. Thats what it comes down to.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            They are right now. Your coach has depleted them completely. You've had teams with much more talent.. yet.. you get beat. The ONLY time, out of the last 6 matchups, that you won was when we had our third string QB in, and we STILL almost beat you (came down to a last minute TD, and a MUFF by oneal)..... sounds like we jsut out coach you. Shanahan knows how to counter belichecks thoughts. Shanahan is better at game planning against bill, than Bill is against Shanahan. Thats what it comes down to.
            I'd wait til after your game against Baltimore (a team that has 'owned' Denver BTW) to boast whether they are that good.

            Let me just say I've never heard that NE teams have EVER had more talent (let alone 'much more') than ANYBODY that's been successful consistently in this league. Even still, you guys have never beat us when we were obviously more talented (2003, 2004).

            I'd be curious to hear your thoughts comparing Billick to Shanahan, if Billick is a better gameplanner, counters Shanahan's thoughts and simply outcoaches Shanahan. Personally, I think Baltimore's D is just too athletic for Denver to handle, coaching aside.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by honestpatsfan
              I'd wait til after your game against Baltimore (a team that has 'owned' Denver BTW) to boast whether they are that good.

              Let me just say I've never heard that NE teams have EVER had more talent (let alone 'much more') than ANYBODY that's been successful consistently in this league. Even still, you guys have never beat us when we were obviously more talented (2003, 2004).

              I'd be curious to hear your thoughts comparing Billick to Shanahan, if Billick is a better gameplanner, counters Shanahan's thoughts and simply outcoaches Shanahan. Personally, I think Baltimore's D is just too athletic for Denver to handle, coaching aside.
              I never said Denver was all that. I said that Denver beat NE because Shanahan is better game planning against Belicheck, than Belicheck is against Shanahan. You don't think you have more talent on your offense than we have over the years? You don't think your team had more talent on DEFENSE than we had over the years? Seriously, then you don't watch football.

              Baltimore has owned our Broncos.. thats for sure. But no more so than we have owned then Patriots. We've beaten you 5 out of the last 6 matchups. We don't play 2 times a year (except last year when one was the playoffs).. so you add up how many years that goes back.

              I would have agreed that Baltimore's defense was too athletic for Denver.. LAST week. But after watching them against the Chargers today.. I wasn't that impressed. They came down to earth a LOT this week. They looked really good against teams like the Browns and the Raiders... but they certainly didn't impress against a first year starting Phillip Rivers. SD won that game. The special teams literally flubbed it back to them by mishandlign snaps, and mis snapping on punts. SDs Defense is GOOD.. and the DO have a pass rush.. something the Broncos do NOT have at all.

              So again.. I think it will be the lack of pass rush that will hurt Denver, and not the Baltimore Defense. I'm not impressed with Billick. I think he got lucky in 2000, but has shown his real talent over the last few years as his decently talented team has gone in the toilet. I think the Raven's would have been better to let him go last season.. but this will be his last year there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                Baltimore has owned our Broncos.. thats for sure. But no more so than we have owned then Patriots.
                Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                I'm not impressed with Billick.
                I think the recent Pats/Broncos history mirrors the recent Broncos/Ravens history where you have a team that is obviously more successful overall that has difficulty against one particular team for matchup reasons. Though I would NOT say that I'm not impressed with Shanahan though. I just wish he wouldn't drop games to rookie head coaches in their 1st game, just makes it harder to respect the guy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by honestpatsfan
                  I think the recent Pats/Broncos history mirrors the recent Broncos/Ravens history where you have a team that is obviously more successful overall that has difficulty against one particular team for matchup reasons. Though I would NOT say that I'm not impressed with Shanahan though. I just wish he wouldn't drop games to rookie head coaches in their 1st game, just makes it harder to respect the guy
                  Heh... I think that just shows what a good film study he is... when he doesn't have it to dissect, it takes away his advantage.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    i keep hearing that we have there number and thats why we won but i think that discredits a fantastic game by denver.

                    i know some teams play well against others and that is the case here but this was a fresh game against a very good team at a place where they hardly ever lose. they were favourites but we took it to them and played great.

                    all i hear the analysts say is 'denver has there number' as if that gives NE a pass and just washes over our great gameplan and victory.

                    i also do not believe that indy owns us. in the last 4 games played it is tied 2-2.

                    even if you take away our pre-seaon win its still only 2-1 in favour of the colts - all three played in there dome when they are almost invincible. losing maybe 1/2 a year there.

                    anyone else thinks that just saying 'denver always owns NE' is a bit of a cheap way of discrediting our fantastic performance/victory?
                    Well, I think after todays game, The pats clearly arent as bad as they were last sunday night. Does Denver know how to beat them? Yes. They know if they shut down the Run game, Brady cant win by himself. Did the Pats just have a bad night a week ago? It's possible but I believe Denver just knows how to beat New England at their own game. Stout Defense and pound the ball.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      the broncos should never under estimate ANY team in the nfl. any team can win on any given day.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        They looked really good against teams like the Browns
                        What Browns game were you watching?

                        The way you are making it sound - you are talking about the Bengals-Browns game. The Browns lost to the Ravens 14-15. I don't think that sounds like the Ravens soundly won.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bronx_2003
                          i keep hearing that we have there number and thats why we won but i think that discredits a fantastic game by denver.

                          i know some teams play well against others and that is the case here but this was a fresh game against a very good team at a place where they hardly ever lose. they were favourites but we took it to them and played great.

                          all i hear the analysts say is 'denver has there number' as if that gives NE a pass and just washes over our great gameplan and victory.

                          i also do not believe that indy owns us. in the last 4 games played it is tied 2-2.

                          even if you take away our pre-seaon win its still only 2-1 in favour of the colts - all three played in there dome when they are almost invincible. losing maybe 1/2 a year there.

                          anyone else thinks that just saying 'denver always owns NE' is a bit of a cheap way of discrediting our fantastic performance/victory?
                          No it does not discredit what Denver has done to the Patriots, because they still have to go out and play the game. What it comes down too is that for some reason we tend to match up with then really well personell wise. On the other hand we do not match with Colts personell wise and that's why they have owned us.
                          John 11: 25-27

                          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                          Thanks Snk16

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X