Who's better and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's better and why?

Should a great corner be measured by INTs, or how many times QBs challenge his side of the field? Who better and why?
    DeAngelo Hall
    2.70%
    Champ Baily
    97.30%
    Kevin Mathis
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

My adopted Broncos, Uncle Rico, Alfred Williams, & Antonio Fargas.

Champ Bailey is the best CB in the league right now, and CBs have to be measured by a combo of times tested, picks, passes defended, and completion % against them. If you compare CBs head to head, you have to include completion % against a commen WR or TE, and times that WR or TE was thrown at.

Champ is the best right now, but Hall hasnt been in the league as long... I think in a couple years DeAngelo will surpass him as the best CB.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I voted for Jay Cutler.
      Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

No a great corner should be measured by ints alone, in fact, wouldn't put that much weight on them to begin with. Champ is the complete package, he's a good tackler and is strong in run support as well as being fantastic in coverage.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

what can he do if no one will throw his way??

its not his fault he drinks tea on the field...

hall gets so many pics cos he has simmilar athletisism as champ... but he hos no real respect and he does blow coverages sometimes so qbs will still lokk his way...

champ is so good that in the last game he was thrown to his SIDE of the filed 2 times...

2 times it was incomplete...

champ does not blow coverages either...

so as complete gets...

he the man!!

and may i add that he tackles better than many safeties in the league...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
            what can he do if no one will throw his way??

its not his fault he drinks tea on the field...

hall gets so many pics cos he has simmilar athletisism as champ... but he hos no real respect and he does blow coverages sometimes so qbs will still lokk his way...

champ is so good that in the last game he was thrown to his SIDE of the filed 2 times...

2 times it was incomplete...

champ does not blow coverages either...

so as complete gets...

he the man!!

and may i add that he tackles better than many safeties in the league...

D Hall doesnt get looked at by QBs..... He is avoided as much as possible just like Champ is. Just the only difference is, the experience that Champ has over Hall right now.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Champ has been at the highest level for years. These guys are still approaching the highest level.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                Ask NFL receivers. They'll tell you Champ Bailey, then Chris McAlister.
                McAlister hasnt looked that impressive this season, but i know in an article last year McAlister won the mojority vote for best CB. I would like to see it again this year only from WRs that have played against ALL the CBs in question. I.E. Hall, Bailey, and McAlister.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                  D Hall doesnt get looked at by QBs..... He is avoided as much as possible just like Champ is. Just the only difference is, the experience that Champ has over Hall right now.
                  Oh really, is that why he was targeted more times than Jason FREAKING Webster last year (easily one of the worst starting corners in the league)? He ranks 5th overall among corners in target rate at 33%. He has the athleticism to make the big play, but he's still very shady in coverage. He doesn't even belong in the conversation, at this point in time.

My top corners are Shawn Springs, Nathan Vasher, Ken Lucas, and Champ Bailey.
                  Last edited by WABronco; 10-02-2006, 09:27 AM.

Comment

hall is a wannabe primetime,lol,BE YOURSELF...................

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                      Oh really, is that why he was targeted more times than Jason FREAKING Webster last year (easily one of the worst starting corners in the league)? He ranks 5th overall among corners in target rate at 33%. He has the athleticism to make the big play, but he's still very shady in coverage. He doesn't even belong in the conversation, at this point in time.

My top corners are Shawn Springs, Nathan Vasher, Ken Lucas, and Champ Bailey.
                      Now i wonder, just wonder, if DeAngelo Hall was targeted more because the other teams #1 WR WAS WHO HE WAS COVERING

Jeeze, it doesnt even take a brain to know that a QB will still throw at his #1 WR no matter who is covering him, except when Deon played. And yes, Champ is better than Hall because he has been in the league what 4 more years?

Find the stat, that compares how many tiems Webster was thrown at when gaurding a #1 WR compared to Hall. CBs are near impossible to rank yet alone compare. There are too many varables, AKA Zone coverage, cover 2, cover 3, double coverage ect...

You dont throw at Hall when he is on your #2 or #3 guy just like you dont with Champ. Atl, puts Hall on the best WR, so eventually balls will be going that way. Now, against a #2 or #3 WR he probably sees 2 or 3 balls thrown his way a game.
                      Last edited by GridironChamp; 10-02-2006, 09:34 AM.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

It's Rashean Mathis not Kevin Mathis.

Here are my picks so far for best corner:

1) Champ Bailey
                        2) Rashean Mathis
                        3) Ken Lucas
                        4) Chris McCalister
                        5) Antoine Winfield
                        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Now i wonder, just wonder, if DeAngelo Hall was targeted more because the other teams #1 WR WAS WHO HE WAS COVERING

Jeeze, it doesnt even take a brain to know that a QB will still throw at his #1 WR no matter who is covering him, except when Deon played. And yes, Champ is better than Hall because he has been in the league what 4 more years?
                          Eh.

You just said yourself:

D Hall doesnt get looked at by QBs..... He is avoided as much as possible just like Champ is.
                          Champ was all the way down to 54th in target rate, out of about 80 ranked corners.

You dont throw at Hall when he is on your #2 or #3 guy just like you dont with Champ. Atl, puts Hall on the best WR, so eventually balls will be going that way. Now, against a #2 or #3 WR he probably sees 2 or 3 balls thrown his way a game.
                          Ahaaaa...backpedal, backpedal, BACKPEDAL.

Just a thought...why would Atlanta match their CB1 up against a no. 3? Atlanta was subpar against no. 1, 2, and 3 receivers as well as TE's and RB's.

Find the stat, that compares how many tiems Webster was thrown at when gaurding a #1 WR compared to Hall. CBs are near impossible to rank yet alone compare. There are too many varables, AKA Zone coverage, cover 2, cover 3, double coverage ect...
                          91 of Hall's 105 attempts were in direct coverage.

The good corners have good metrics...simple as that.
                          Last edited by WABronco; 10-02-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                            Eh.

You just said yourself:

Champ was all the way down to 54th in target rate, out of about 80 ranked corners.
                            Mhm, and I also said Champ is better... so i guess it makes since Hall ranked worse than him huh?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Mhm, and I also said Champ is better... so i guess it makes since Hall ranked worse than him huh?
                              Is your favorite shape a circle?

Comment

Working...
                              X