Mike Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Bell

Does any think that Mike Bell could next Quentin Griffen? All this hyper surrounding him and then eventually gets cut. I know there wasnt much hype in the media over griffen, but iremember clearly people claiming him to be the next barry sanders on this forum. I could aslo see M. Bell being hyped up because of what he went through to become the number 2. I think this stems from my fear of becoming to fond of denver running backs becasue they all end up leaving usually sooner than later.

Surely you jest!

Comment

Originally posted by dman444
      Does any think that Mike Bell could next Quentin Griffen? All this hyper surrounding him and then eventually gets cut. I know there wasnt much hype in the media over griffen, but iremember clearly people claiming him to be the next barry sanders on this forum. I could aslo see M. Bell being hyped up because of what he went through to become the number 2. I think this stems from my fear of becoming to fond of denver running backs becasue they all end up leaving usually sooner than later.
      No I don't think so Q is a nice back but he couldn't run with any kind of power, M. Bell does.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't think Mike or Tatum Bell will be with the Broncos long. My observation, at least since TD retired, is that Denver pretty much knows they can make just about ever RB in their system successful and once they have success and want more money...see ya later...next in line. Denver's system is one of the best, but Denver is not a good place for a running back if they plan on staying with one team for a long time. I am unaware of Tatum's contract, but if he has success this year and gets a bigger head then demands more money, he'll be out and Mike Bell will take the reign.
        Originally posted by Soldier96B
        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          No I don't think so Q is a nice back but he couldn't run with any kind of power, M. Bell does.
          What Mike Bell is, is the next in line. That's it. He'll get to marinade on the bench for a while then he'll get a shot. Just like everyone else. Some like Portis didnt have to wait long. Others like Tatum wait a minute. But all of em get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
            I don't think Mike or Tatum Bell will be with the Broncos long. My observation, at least since TD retired, is that Denver pretty much knows they can make just about ever RB in their system successful and once they have success and want more money...see ya later...next in line. Denver's system is one of the best, but Denver is not a good place for a running back if they plan on staying with one team for a long time. I am unaware of Tatum's contract, but if he has success this year and gets a bigger head then demands more money, he'll be out and Mike Bell will take the reign.
            Personally it would be nice to get a FRANCHISE back. Like TD or Portis. These stop gap backs are driving me nuts. Backs that start more than a year for us become beasts in our offense.

Comment

I would like to see M. Bell be our starter for the long haul. He was a big fan of T.D. as was I and a lot of others. I like T. Bell but he seems like the type of kid who WILL go for the big bucks and get the big head.....the latter of which Shannhan dislikes in a RB. M. Bell seems more the type to play for a team he likes rather than money.....

.....but only time will tell and we'll have to wait and see what the Bell tolls...hehehehe

PEACE!!!

Comment

The back who will replace Tatum Bell is not yet on the Denver roster any more than Mike Bell was this time last year.

There will be a new RB or two next year, so hold your water till then before you start lining up replacements.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                  Personally it would be nice to get a FRANCHISE back. Like TD or Portis. These stop gap backs are driving me nuts. Backs that start more than a year for us become beasts in our offense.
                  It would be nice, but it makes more sense for the Broncos NOT to have a franchise back. Why spend $10 million per year on one running back when you can draft a running back in a late first day or early second day draft round, pay them minimally and have them perform well, then dish them off when they want or deserve more money, and use that $10 million elsewhere? As long as our system is in place we might as well take advantage of it while we can. In this day and age in sports, it will be increasingly uncommon to see a player start and finish his career in one place...especially in the NHL.
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I don't now of anyone that said Q would be the next Barry Sanders. Some compared his running style.

I am as big a fan as anyone about Q on this forum but most of the discussions were about his size most thought that someone under 5'9" could not play in the NFL.

I like to think he was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Had an unsettled Oline in front of him in 2004, had a BB that was not a true Griffith/Johnson trying to block for him. Seemed to get the injury bug at the worst time.

Wish him well in where ever he may land. A classy, no nonsense I don't want the camera in my face team player.

Comment

Q was the starting running back until he tore his acl.....

he never really lost the job (as I remember).....he was out for the season....

And Mike Bell is CLEARLY behind Tatum Bell in the starting line up.....
                      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                      -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                        It would be nice, but it makes more sense for the Broncos NOT to have a franchise back. Why spend $10 million per year on one running back when you can draft a running back in a late first day or early second day draft round, pay them minimally and have them perform well, then dish them off when they want or deserve more money, and use that $10 million elsewhere? As long as our system is in place we might as well take advantage of it while we can. In this day and age in sports, it will be increasingly uncommon to see a player start and finish his career in one place...especially in the NHL.
                        I agree and disagree. I like having that extra money around to keep the team together. But werent the broncos TRULY dominant with Terrell Davis. How about add Portis to our current offense. You talk about dangerous. Jake could bootlegg at will. I know it would be a catch 22, cause we wouldnt have Champ. Who is one of my favorites.

Honestly if we had Portis in the backfield, we would have one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL.

I like what we do now......Not paying much for the backs and spending elsewhere

I also like what we USED to do.........the "STUD BUFFALO"

Comment

I would like to see them both on the roster, if one or both are confortable with being #2 I feel it would be better and nice to have a 1, 2 punch. With some more reps I think Mike will be a pretty good back in the NFL, and hopefully they both will stay with Denver.
                          Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                            I agree and disagree. I like having that extra money around to keep the team together. But werent the broncos TRULY dominant with Terrell Davis. How about add Portis to our current offense. You talk about dangerous. Jake could bootlegg at will. I know it would be a catch 22, cause we wouldnt have Champ. Who is one of my favorites.

Honestly if we had Portis in the backfield, we would have one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL.

I like what we do now......Not paying much for the backs and spending elsewhere

I also like what we USED to do.........the "STUD BUFFALO"

all good points, although i think that TD got his BIG contract at or near the end of his reign in denver. i guess that he did end with an injury however. i myself think that a franchise back would be really nice, it would make fantasy easier as well. if that back happened to m. bell that would be just fine, unlike some other posts i have read, i think m. bell seems to be the kind of guy that would stay in denver rather than take a huge money deal. although, money talks so who knows.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

Mike Bell is fine. Tatum has simply emerged as the starter and load carrier for now. Mike is #2 and will get better and better.
                              Emancipate your mind!
                              The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                              X