Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Bell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    I agree and disagree. I like having that extra money around to keep the team together. But werent the broncos TRULY dominant with Terrell Davis. How about add Portis to our current offense. You talk about dangerous. Jake could bootlegg at will. I know it would be a catch 22, cause we wouldnt have Champ. Who is one of my favorites.

    Honestly if we had Portis in the backfield, we would have one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL.

    I like what we do now......Not paying much for the backs and spending elsewhere

    I also like what we USED to do.........the "STUD BUFFALO"
    The only thing about that is...we wouldn't have Champ. And for me, a true shut down cover corner is harder to find for Denver than a 1000 RB. We've had a handful of them, but no shut down corners.

    I'd do the Portis deal over again in a heart beat.

    Jim

    Comment


    • #17
      How do we know that Mike Bell won't want more money? Just because he plays on a team that he liked doesn't mean anything. This is a business and if you do good you get paid more. That is the sad truth of the game. And I really doubt that if some team showed he a $3,000,000 contract that he would say no.
      RIP Darrent Williams
      You know the difference between winners and losers?

      Ya the score.

      THE REPLACEMENTS

      Comment


      • #18
        Its early in his career. It looks to me Mike Bell needs to throw on more size, as he is now, he looks like Tatum did his first season with the broncs. Tatum these days looks like hes finally filled out, finally adding that size to break more tackles or at least fall forward unlike seasons past when he would get bumped and fall over. Give Mike Bell a year or two to fill out, and with his already so-so tackle breaking abilities (which are around par with Tatum's ability this season) and some time to learn the offense better and he may really turn out to be a great RB. Especially if he can start to see the holes better. I don't know about you all, but when I saw Mike Bell run, it looked as if he ran the play to a tee, not adjusting to the holes his offensive line was creating, just following what the Broncos learn/teach on paper. Give him some time to get awareness for what's there and what's not and he could really blossom. I do have to say that neither Bell's looks like a real NFL ball busting, record setting back. Under Shanahans system, both can do well, but I have yet to see the promise of an RB like Terrel Davis (the greatest Running Back I think I ever had the pleasure to watch) in Denver, and that includes Portis, all of them lacking his awareness for holes, and the ability to break tackles at will. But then TD was one of the NFL's best, finding someone like him is like winning the lottery...
        sigpic
        The only thing that can stop the ninja.
        Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

        Comment


        • #19
          ?

          IMHO Mike has the drive to become a great back in our system and is open to learning. I have heard that the staff has tried to work on Tatum's running style (balance and running to upright) but he continues his old habits. Seems to me that Tatum thinks he can just continue what he's doing and get by. I do like Tatum's break out speed but I feel that Mike is a stronger runner with better balance. Mike also seems to have a better head on his shoulders. As far as salary is concerned every athelte especially running backs are looking to get paid being that their days are numbered in the NFL.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
            IMHO Mike has the drive to become a great back in our system and is open to learning. I have heard that the staff has tried to work on Tatum's running style (balance and running to upright) but he continues his old habits. Seems to me that Tatum thinks he can just continue what he's doing and get by. I do like Tatum's break out speed but I feel that Mike is a stronger runner with better balance. Mike also seems to have a better head on his shoulders. As far as salary is concerned every athelte especially running backs are looking to get paid being that their days are numbered in the NFL.
            I don't agree with that post at all. Tatum is not doing a lot of the bad things he used to. He is breaking tackles, running up the middle for 4 or 5 years a pop, falling forward, etc. He is doing well and his numbers prove that.
            Originally posted by Soldier96B
            i also took a crap and it was orange

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
              IMHO Mike has the drive to become a great back in our system and is open to learning. I have heard that the staff has tried to work on Tatum's running style (balance and running to upright) but he continues his old habits. Seems to me that Tatum thinks he can just continue what he's doing and get by. I do like Tatum's break out speed but I feel that Mike is a stronger runner with better balance. Mike also seems to have a better head on his shoulders. As far as salary is concerned every athelte especially running backs are looking to get paid being that their days are numbered in the NFL.
              I don't agree at all. Tatum has hit the holes harder than even in his career and he waits for the holes to develop more this year than in years past. Plus he is falling forward and breaking tackles this year. I don't see old habits there at all. He could work on his catching a little more but that is about it. His blocking has gotten better as well.
              RIP Darrent Williams
              You know the difference between winners and losers?

              Ya the score.

              THE REPLACEMENTS

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MyFav
                I don't agree at all. Tatum has hit the holes harder than even in his career and he waits for the holes to develop more this year than in years past. Plus he is falling forward and breaking tackles this year. I don't see old habits there at all. He could work on his catching a little more but that is about it. His blocking has gotten better as well.

                Tatum is hitting the hole harder and attempts to move the pile and does so on some occassions but he continues to run upright and constantly loses his balance and trips over his own feet when attempting to cutback. When Tatum does hit the hole and finds the daylight he should be taking it to the house but trips over his own feet, gets up and slams the ball in his hands in frustration as if it's something new. It's all to common because everytime he breaks it he almost always trips when no one is around him. As far as his blocking its about average and may be a little better than last year. His numbers are good but I think Mike could put up just as good numbers if he was getting the carries Tatum was.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
                  Tatum is hitting the hole harder and attempts to move the pile and does so on some occassions but he continues to run upright and constantly loses his balance and trips over his own feet when attempting to cutback. When Tatum does hit the hole and finds the daylight he should be taking it to the house but trips over his own feet, gets up and slams the ball in his hands in frustration as if it's something new. It's all to common because everytime he breaks it he almost always trips when no one is around him. As far as his blocking its about average and may be a little better than last year. His numbers are good but I think Mike could put up just as good numbers if he was getting the carries Tatum was.
                  Mike had the chance to put up the numbers in the first two games and got out played. In both games before Mikes big runs he was averaging around 2 ypc. Unlike Tatum that was averaging 4 to 5 ypc before his big runs. Plus Mike has missed some big blocks this year so far. The one that comes to mind the most is the Rams game when he tried to go straight up with the DE and Plummer got nailed and fumbled.
                  RIP Darrent Williams
                  You know the difference between winners and losers?

                  Ya the score.

                  THE REPLACEMENTS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    No

                    Originally posted by dman444
                    Does any think that Mike Bell could next Quentin Griffen? All this hyper surrounding him and then eventually gets cut. I know there wasnt much hype in the media over griffen, but iremember clearly people claiming him to be the next barry sanders on this forum. I could aslo see M. Bell being hyped up because of what he went through to become the number 2. I think this stems from my fear of becoming to fond of denver running backs becasue they all end up leaving usually sooner than later.

                    Mike is the real deal, and a great fit for the Broncos system....he could be the starter by seasons end....Tatum still has yet to proove he can carry the load. The only thing you are seeing is Tatum getting a chance to do it....it does not mean that he will.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X