No announcement yet.

Is Denver Hungry Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to Oakland or in Denver? I am going to the Oakland game and the SD game (Sitting right behind the Bronco Bench). Yes he is very much so Improving (SNAKE).
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
      Are you going to Oakland or in Denver? I am going to the Oakland game and the SD game (Sitting right behind the Bronco Bench). Yes he is very much so Improving (SNAKE).
      I am going to the Oakland/Denver game in Denver.
      Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Its to early in the season to get an idea of who's hungery and who's not. Our offense (with many new names, especially in the reciever slots) is still getting the kinks out of the game. Though a lot of people put the blame on a lack of hunger or lack of polish on the side of Plummer or the offense, I saw during the first 2 games (which were criticized greatly) a lack of ability for recievers to get real seperation from the cornerbacks (especially aginst the Chiefs in the first half) and some real ****ty play calls by the offensive coordinator/shanahan. I think the hunger is there, more prevelant then ever, but we had some major losses for our salary cap (pryce, anderson, putzier to a lesser extent) and we are still adjusting, finding the holes in our offense, and filling them accordingly. Lets get 5 - 6 games in when the team should be clicking no matter how many kinks they need to work out, and then talk about if we are hungry enough or not. As I see it, it's still too early on to make any real evaluations of the offense or defense. The offense because they are just getting back into the system, and the defense because offenses league wide are still finding their groove. Only time will tell, but I'm confident that after another game or two, some people might change their tune.
        sigpic
        The only thing that can stop the ninja.
        Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
          Its to early in the season to get an idea of who's hungery and who's not. Our offense (with many new names, especially in the reciever slots) is still getting the kinks out of the game. Though a lot of people put the blame on a lack of hunger or lack of polish on the side of Plummer or the offense, I saw during the first 2 games (which were criticized greatly) a lack of ability for recievers to get real seperation from the cornerbacks (especially aginst the Chiefs in the first half) and some real ****ty play calls by the offensive coordinator/shanahan. I think the hunger is there, more prevelant then ever, but we had some major losses for our salary cap (pryce, anderson, putzier to a lesser extent) and we are still adjusting, finding the holes in our offense, and filling them accordingly. Lets get 5 - 6 games in when the team should be clicking no matter how many kinks they need to work out, and then talk about if we are hungry enough or not. As I see it, it's still too early on to make any real evaluations of the offense or defense. The offense because they are just getting back into the system, and the defense because offenses league wide are still finding their groove. Only time will tell, but I'm confident that after another game or two, some people might change their tune.
          I don't know if it was just me, but I saw a little of that HUNGER against NE with J Walker. You could see him getting into his groove. I have to agree that as the season goes on, and we play those big games, we will see it!!!!!

Comment

I don't know if it was just me, but I saw a little of that HUNGER against NE with J Walker. You could see him getting into his groove. I have to agree that as the season goes on, and we play those big games, we will see it!!!!!
            I agree completely, individuals on the team are without doubt showing hunger. You always see the hunger in Lynch and Bailey (though bailey seems to be more of a laid back form of the two). The same from Tatum, Walker, and the entire Offensive line against NE. The intensity seems to be firmly in the grasp of Williams, Foxworth, the defensive line, and the always reliable Wilson so far, even though you haven't heard much from them this year. Don't forget our SS Fergie either, every year he seems to show more promise then the last, even if hes lost a step or two. I agree the hunger is there, but until we get a couple mroe games into the season, I'm not sure you can gauge how much hunger the whole of our beloved Broncos have....
            sigpic
            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

You know, I don’t think that ‘hunger’ has anything to do with having a focused winning team. Actually, a focused winning team is just the opposite – they laugh, have big smiles on their faces, poke fun of each other, and generally on the sidelines look like they are having a party with their friends. This so called fun on the sidelines is really a showing of confidence as they are inspiring each other to do the spectacular. This spirit isn’t just present on game day either – it’s brought to practice, team meetings, and yes, even to their home life. Football talent alone doesn’t make a team successful - football talent alone doesn't make an individual player successful either!
              Last edited by mbu; 10-03-2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Texas Bronco in DC

I feel that a good gauge for answering your question about "are the Broncos hungry enough" can be seen in their Win/Lose record over the past 6 seasons:

2000 - 11/5 (Lost in AFC wildcard game to Baltimore)
                2001 - 8/8 (No Playoff appearance)
                2002 - 9/7 (No Playoff appearance)
                2003 - 10/6 (Lost in AFC Wildcard game to Indy)
                2004 - 10/6 (Lost in AFC Wildcard game to Indy)
                2005 - 13/3 (Lost in AFC Championship game to Pittsburgh)

The 2000 season was a real eye-opener to Bronco fans trying to get accustomed to post Elway Bronco football. Griese showed flashes of brilliance that peaked in 2000 as is evidenced by not making the playoffs the next 2 seasons. While we were on the bubble I give Shanahan and key players like Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey and Al Wilson credit for not letting the team lose HEART or FOCUS and at their worst never falling below 500. That speaks volumes about a teams hunger and focus. I have a hunch that losing to Pittsburgh last year will pay huge dividends this year in Jakes maturity proving to be just what he needed to take his game to the next level, which at least would warrant a Super Bowl appearance.

Comment

The Monday Night Football intro for Broncos games always gets me pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQsyR...elated&search=

Watch that before it and dance, then MNF, and you should be pumped up

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985
                    The Monday Night Football intro for Broncos games always gets me pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQsyR...elated&search=

Watch that before it and dance, then MNF, and you should be pumped up
                    Those videos are killer!!!! Does anyone know how to get a copy or to see the video online that is shown on the game day experience intro. The one that is all CGI and it shoes Thunder running between the Superbowl trophies into denver and finally arriving to statue pose above the south stand??? I really thought that was cool!!!!
                    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                      Pittsburg was a perfect example of that last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X