No announcement yet.

Jake QB quarterback ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping the boot means hurting your run defense. And we're running pretty well this year.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I think the offense is slowly coming around. We just beat 2 really good teams! NE and the Ravens. Remember way back when we were saying how great it would be if we could win those 2? Well we did, and convincingly.

I'd much rather see Jake and the offense start slow and then keep getting better than the other way around. If this keeps up the offense will be hitting on all cylinders by the play-offs. And by the Super Bowl will be peaking and crush "da Bears" 48-28. <<- yup, that's my prediction <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        Maybe they know the defenses and what works and what doesn't with the boot. You can't just run the boot because you want to .
        Yes, you have to get the run working, and not just the run, but the stretch run, and more important any running that gets the defense all flowing in one direction, and then boot in the opposite direction. While the Broncos have in the past started their game with a boot, for it to consistantly work, the defense needs to overpersue the running back. So you are right.

The point was that it doesn't appear that the boot hasn't been their or that teams are keeping bootleg spies or constantly covering the backside. It appears to be more a change in philosiphy, like blitzing less. In a number of this years games, we didn't even run many regular pass action plays.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
          his rating will go up
          I would hope so, if it doesn't we are in for a long season.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

There are a lot of new pieces to this offense and none of them have looked in synce so far this season. It will get better as the season goes on and they all develop a better understanding of the playbook and, most importantly, chemistry with Jake. Receivers and QB's have to be on the same page to make an offense work and they have not looked like they where on the same page a lot of times. It will continue to get better as the season goes on. Good thing our defense is so good this year and we don't have losses piling up while the offense gets it together.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
              There are a lot of new pieces to this offense and none of them have looked in synce so far this season. It will get better as the season goes on and they all develop a better understanding of the playbook and, most importantly, chemistry with Jake. Receivers and QB's have to be on the same page to make an offense work and they have not looked like they where on the same page a lot of times. It will continue to get better as the season goes on. Good thing our defense is so good this year and we don't have losses piling up while the offense gets it together.

There is only one truly new piece to this offense Jhns and that Walker, Alexander has been with us for a year and every one else has 3 or more years with the team.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                There is only one truly new piece to this offense Jhns and that Walker, Alexander has been with us for a year and every one else has 3 or more years with the team.
                Dennison is technically a new piece.

Dinger is certainly a new piece. He was put in charge of the passing game. I am sure that he has brought changes to it...which would offer some excuse for the passing struggles so far. Not saying it is the reason, but it is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  And meanwhile, Tatum Bell will gouge you up the middle. Teams have seen two games' worth of this now, and they're bound to start respecting it sooner or later. That'll open the bootleg back up again, and allow Plummer to make more plays.
                  I would say as long as the Broncos keep scoring at a 12.3 ppg clip, opposing defenses will keep letting Tatum Bell get his yards. The Broncos may have played some great defenses (it's still too early to tell), but right now they are 28th in the league in scoring. The 4 teams that they are ahead of are a combined 1-17. The offense HAS to start picking it up to be legit contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by _Bubba_
                    Dennison is technically a new piece.

Dinger is certainly a new piece. He was put in charge of the passing game. I am sure that he has brought changes to it...which would offer some excuse for the passing struggles so far. Not saying it is the reason, but it is a possibility.
                    No I don't think Dennison is technically a new piece, because been working with offense for last three two or three years. Dinger was Assistance here in '97 and '98 so the offense isn't new to him either. Execution of the offense, and turnovers is problem, not the coaches or the playbook.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I am not worried about jake plummer, despite what everyone says Jake IS NOT THE REASON WE DIDNT WIN LAST SEASON, or the season before or the season before that. Jake is why we got to the afc championship game last year and the entire team let jake down. Our defense has collapsed in the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Jake is the man, he does make some mistakes but hes a winner and comes up huge in the clutch. The first time I ever worried about jake being our QB was after week 1, but the same thing happened last year. Jake just needed to get adjusted to the speed of the game. He will have a fine year this season and probably be traded at the end of it unless he leads us to a superbowl win. Heres to jake the snake owning this season
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Are you serious? There are 2 new running backs that have been getting touches. There have been 4 new receivers on the field that where not here last season. There is a new tight end that has been on the field a lot. None of that even mentions the new assistant coach and offensive coordinators.

Have you actually watched the games and payed attention to this team?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                          Are you serious? There are 2 new running backs that have been getting touches. There have been 4 new receivers on the field that where not here last season. There is a new tight end that has been on the field a lot. None of that even mentions the new assistant coach and offensive coordinators.

Have you actually watched the games and payed attention to this team?
                          and you are blaming this on Jake's play? Seriously? Because EVERY TEAM and every QB in the NFL has to go through changes from year to year. I didn't see any of those new people at play when Jake was completely missing Rod on some of those routes.

If this were the case... why is it that some of the first year starters are looking pretty good? I didn't see Leinart miss his receivers as badly as Jake did. I'm not seeing Rivers play that poorly. Grossman has hardly been in the lineup for the last few years without being hobbled on teh sideline, and he's looking pretty good. The back up that came in for Chris Simms looked pretty good.

This excuse just doesn't hold water. Not at all. It doesn't take familiarity with the RB to hand him the ball. Not to mention he's been playing with him the last 3 years. Thats stretching beyond stretching. You see FA receivers move between teams in the MIDDLE of the season and connect up with the QBs... why? Because the routes are the routes are the routes.

In Baseball they would be saying Jake is going through a slump. Thats all it is. It doesn't have to do with all this "new stuff" going on around him. THATS looking for excuses that don't work. He's playing poorly.... and thats it. That doesn't mean he won't come out of his slump..but he's in a MAJOR slump right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                            and you are blaming this on Jake's play? Seriously? Because EVERY TEAM and every QB in the NFL has to go through changes from year to year. I didn't see any of those new people at play when Jake was completely missing Rod on some of those routes.

If this were the case... why is it that some of the first year starters are looking pretty good? I didn't see Leinart miss his receivers as badly as Jake did. I'm not seeing Rivers play that poorly. Grossman has hardly been in the lineup for the last few years without being hobbled on teh sideline, and he's looking pretty good. The back up that came in for Chris Simms looked pretty good.

This excuse just doesn't hold water. Not at all. It doesn't take familiarity with the RB to hand him the ball. Not to mention he's been playing with him the last 3 years. Thats stretching beyond stretching. You see FA receivers move between teams in the MIDDLE of the season and connect up with the QBs... why? Because the routes are the routes are the routes.

In Baseball they would be saying Jake is going through a slump. Thats all it is. It doesn't have to do with all this "new stuff" going on around him. THATS looking for excuses that don't work. He's playing poorly.... and thats it. That doesn't mean he won't come out of his slump..but he's in a MAJOR slump right now.
                            For one, Rivers and Grossman have both been playing with their teams for years now. They are not very good examples. Second, those are different teams with different systems and different players. You really see a lot of receivers joining teams in the middle of the season and doing good? Why don't you give some examples. I can think of one right now and he has not even shown. In fact there are 2 examples. Lelie and Branch both have looked bad and not even gotten much playing time because they couldn't connect. Lelie, I have heard, is now starting to do better and may get the #2 spot. I have watched him though and him and Vick have not been connecting. They have missed a few throws and connected on way less. Branch has a good QB, so you can't use that as an excuse, and he couldn't do anything. In fact they even lost the last game they played that he was in. So now, show me some examples that go the other way.

Comment

Working...
                            X