Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Sharpe

He now holds three NFL records need I say more.

Re: Shannon Sharpe

Originally posted by koondaddy
    He now holds three NFL records need I say more.
    He picked up an imaginary phone at the goal post. Priceless!!

Comment

That was nice!!

Comment

...and he celebrated with the mascot. That was also funny! It was just an all-around great day for Shannon!

Comment

2008 HOF inductee, unless he chooses to play one more year
          "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

I am in chefs country here in missouri and a lot of their fans always say that tony gonzalez is is best tight end in the league, but i think shannon just proved them all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Arab Bronco
              2008 HOF inductee, unless he chooses to play one more year
              I think he will play one more year whether we make the playoffs or not. This year has been a roller coaster ride to say the least and we are still 6 games away. Baring injury, he will come back. He loves this game too much.

GO BRONCOS!!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by koondaddy
                I am in chefs country here in missouri and a lot of their fans always say that tony gonzalez is is best tight end in the league, but i think shannon just proved them all wrong.
                If you're talking the best ever then there's no comparison. But give Tony G. some credit, he's a great tight end. There is no clear-cut winner on who's the best tight end this season. Sharpe and Gonzalez are neck and neck stats-wise.

But it sure was a great day for Shannon. I hope he has a few more like that this year.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I never said that he was not a good tight end, he is a good player.

Comment

Now if he could just go past 10,000 yards (which Sharpe is very close to) before the end of the season, he'll have just about every impressive stat there is, and rightfully so. It's too bad he'll almost undoubtedly retire at the end of the season, but he's going out the same way as Elway did - with a bang. I'd much rather have a player go out while he's still at the top of his game - which, even with his drop-off in speed, Sharpe is - than someone staying around for years after they've outlived their usefulness. The scary thing is Sharpe almost had 4 TDs on the day. I guess triple the offensive output of another team combined isn't too bad though.

Comment

If you're talking the best in the league currently, you have to include Todd Heap with Baltimore in the formula. His season may not shape up as well as Gonzalez's because the Ravens are pretty sad this year, but he is the type of player who has the ability to dominate a game.

But Shannon has my vote for "Tight End of the Year". His career speaks for itself...the best receiving tight end that ever played the game.

Fan since 1973. Broncos forever!

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
                        ...Time will tell.
                        of course, BUT both of the guys are playing RIGHT NOW....and it just shows that Shannon can be clutch.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Shannon Sharpe is the MAN

What is with all the press talking up Tony Gonzalez? Tony Gonzalez owes his entire career to Shannon Sharpe. Tony Gonzalez is not the best tightend in the game nor in the AFC West. Shannon Sharpe has set the standard and records for all tightends. Tony Gonzalez shouldn't even be the starter in this years Pro Bowl. Sharpe is having a career year and showing everyone that he is the Greatest tightend in the History of the game. He has redefined the position and has made teams realize the value of a quality tightend. There has never been and will never be a greater tightend in the history of the NFL. Next stop Canton, OHIO.
                          Bronco Pride is more than skin deep, it's to the bone.

Comment

You're right

Houston, then Canton Ohio.

My Bad, thanks for correcting me booher.
                            Bronco Pride is more than skin deep, it's to the bone.

Comment

Re: Shannon Sharpe is the MAN

Originally posted by BroncoPhoenix
                              What is with all the press talking up Tony Gonzalez? Tony Gonzalez owes his entire career to Shannon Sharpe. Tony Gonzalez is not the best tightend in the game nor in the AFC West. Shannon Sharpe has set the standard and records for all tightends. Tony Gonzalez shouldn't even be the starter in this years Pro Bowl. Sharpe is having a career year and showing everyone that he is the Greatest tightend in the History of the game. He has redefined the position and has made teams realize the value of a quality tightend. There has never been and will never be a greater tightend in the history of the NFL. Next stop Canton, OHIO.
                              Plus, Shannon Sharpe has the ability to get underneath the skin of Chef fans.
                              Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                              X