Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharpe - Another Season?

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
    [B]So what do you think about Sharpe? Will he return next season? Will he finish out his career at Denver?
    The answer to your second question is yes. I do believe that he will finish his career as a Bronco. Will that be after this year? I want to think that he came back to win one more title. If we should win the title this year, yes he will leave. If we don't, he'll probably be back for another year.
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Shannon Sharpe the Ultimate Warrior

I heard talk during yesterdays game that SS was talking about retirement this past week.

I don't know how they will ever replace Shannon both for what he does on and off the field. He is still the most dominant reliable threat the broncos have. Yesterday was just another example of the man doing his job better than anybody else.

Catches a pass across the middle, gets pasted, bloody nose. Best scene of the day was Shannon on the sidelines with all the packing in his strils.

Then he comes back later in the game and hangs on to the ball after getting absolutely pasted catching another one across the middle.

Hats off to Shannon SHarpe the heart and soul.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
        Shannon Sharpe is a freaking stud. But you bring up a good topic...what will the Broncos need to do next year if Shannon and Easy Ed hang them up. With Rod smith and the solid hands of Ashley Lelie...who else do they have that will step up and be a possession receiver?
        Lelie is going to have to start stepping it up. He is no where near consistent enough. I do think Deltha has the potential to become a reliable set of hands. The big issue is replacing SS, carswell is big and has decent hands, but how do you replace the greatest TE in history, ask griese how easy it is replacing the greatest QB in Bronco (and NFL) history?
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ya, I think Deltha is gone at seasons end too. But ya SS will be very hard to replace.

Comment

Shannon Sharpe is a freaking stud.

YEA BABY!! I will be devistated if he retires!! I had to "retire" my #84 jersey once already when he went with the Ravens...I would really hate to do it again

Comment

I think that depends on the free agent market and what eddie does in the off season. They've already begun the process with Deltha, if Shanny really had no designs on keepin him around he'd a pulled a Gruden and keyshawned him. There's still a little less than half the season left for Deltha to prove he can play at this level.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Do you honestly think that Shanny will keep Deltha around and try to convert him to WR next year. This year he's trying to make lemonade out of a lemon with him...but I think he's a goner in the offseason.
                No way Deltha ever cracks the starting lineup as a wide receiver. He's a novelty act on offense, nothing more.

The past few years, the Broncos have had good backup tight ends that went on to be starters elsewhere (Chamberlin and Miller come to mind). But I don't know about the crew we have left. Putzier is supposed to have a lot of potential but I'll have to wait until I see him demonstrate that on a consistent basis. Carswell made the Pro Bowl when Shannon was on the Ravens but I don't know if he's the answer. Basically, tight end will be a big question mark next season. It's always hard to replace a Hall-of-Famer like Shannon will be. His leadership will also be missed but, as I've said before, Plummer is a much better leader than Griese ever was. We'll see.

I think we all have our doubts about Lelie right now. Not to sound like a broken record but Rod Smith made a huge leap in receiving ability starting in his third season. Lelie better do the same. If Ed continues to fade, I expect the Broncos to draft a receiver in the first couple of rounds and probably sign someone (not Keyshawn!) in the offseason.

It should be an interesting offseason to be sure.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Does anyone know how I can confirm that Sharpe did NOT play in the 2nd Quarter? I was watching the game but need some proof.

Is there a transcript of the broadcast or someting?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X