Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You thoughts on Champ Bailey, both as player and person..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You thoughts on Champ Bailey, both as player and person..

    I'm a lifelong Broncos fan (and also a newbie here) and I graduated from UGA back when Champ played for us. I had several classes with him and he was a really nice, down to earth guy (and somewhat shy and reserved as well.) But anyway, I'm certain you guys think the world of him as a cornerback---I'm just curious if any of you have had any good/bad encounters with him off the field? I'd be shocked if he's changed much since his days at Georgia, so I'm fairly certain most fans have only had good encounters with him. Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    I dunno, I've never met him although I'd certainly like to. . . I'll bump this thread up for you though!

    Comment


    • #3
      He is an increaddible player and he is also one of my favorite players personality wise. He is increadibly classy, and usually pretty quiet, but seems very smart when he talks.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Champ is absolutely a great player, and I have never met him, but every interview by him that I have heard, he is soft spoken and very professional. Other players say he is a great team player.


        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

        Comment


        • #5
          love him to death as a player. whenever I tell him to get a big play in, he goes right ahead and does so without asking the other qb for permission.

          From what I've heard he's a great guy too. Whenever I read interviews, I'm thrilled to learn he's well-spoken, classy, and has a smart mind. Of course he's got to be smart to play the game the way he does, but he's smart in more than that way.

          to many more years with the Champ as a Bronco Playmaker
          Last edited by T140; 10-18-2006, 07:28 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know him personally but, I know he is an excellent player.

            There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

            I Support our Troops!
            How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T140
              love him to death as a player. whenever I tell him to get a big play in, he goes right ahead and does so without asking the other qb for permission.

              From what I've heard he's a great guy too. Whenever I read interviews, I'm thrilled to learn he's well-spoken, classy, and has a smart mind. Of course he's got to be smart to play the game the way he does, but he's smart in more than that way.

              to many more years with the Champ as a Bronco Playmaker

              Never met champ either but I think he seems really classy, one of my all time fav broncos, cuz not only is he good but he backs it up on the field as well
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

              Comment


              • #8
                Best player and person in the NFL

                next question

                Comment


                • #9
                  Best CB and great guy, he knows his game and doesn't go to the extent of bragging and crapping about it like T.O.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    #2?

                    Umm i think it was on NFL.com today... some analyst talked about the 10 top defensive players in the league that required offensive Coordinators to adjust the gameplan, and this fellow put Champ at #2, right behind Julious Peppers of Car.
                    Not bad really, and if u watch his games opposing offences rarely ever challege the side of the field he is playing. And when they do? Ravens game - int in endzone on a jump ball. Raiders game - 1 yard line and intercepts ball in front of Moss. Yep. Offensive Coordiantor's have to adjust for whenever they face Champ.
                    He is a integral reason why the Broncos are a shutdown defence.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hardcorebronco
                      Umm i think it was on NFL.com today... some analyst talked about the 10 top defensive players in the league that required offensive Coordinators to adjust the gameplan, and this fellow put Champ at #2, right behind Julious Peppers of Car.
                      Not bad really, and if u watch his games opposing offences rarely ever challege the side of the field he is playing. And when they do? Ravens game - int in endzone on a jump ball. Raiders game - 1 yard line and intercepts ball in front of Moss. Yep. Offensive Coordiantor's have to adjust for whenever they face Champ.
                      He is a integral reason why the Broncos are a shutdown defence.
                      That's awesome. You cant throw to his side of the field so you have to make ajustments and try and take him out of the game. Luckily for us he's also a great tackler so even if you run the ball to his side, there's a good chance he'll be in on the tackle!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Obviously, like the others on here, I have no knowledge of him personally outside of football. Within the confines of the game, however, he seems extremely intelligent. He is very articulate when interviewed and seems to know a lot more about the game then many of his peers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ugabronco
                          I'm a lifelong Broncos fan (and also a newbie here) and I graduated from UGA back when Champ played for us. I had several classes with him and he was a really nice, down to earth guy (and somewhat shy and reserved as well.) But anyway, I'm certain you guys think the world of him as a cornerback---I'm just curious if any of you have had any good/bad encounters with him off the field? I'd be shocked if he's changed much since his days at Georgia, so I'm fairly certain most fans have only had good encounters with him. Thanks in advance.
                          ya know you could have just titled the thread i met champ and talked to him regualy. i mean srsly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            when he was in college, did he go by champ or his real name?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Best player in the NFL IMO, and a very very humble guy at that

                              A++ kinda person

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X