No announcement yet.

Browns Banged Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to thank each and every one of you for making me have more interest in this game than any other game this year thus far. I simply CANNOT WAIT for the Monday Morning Quarterback after this showdown.

Now, on to the Browns.

Sorry Charlie, but good teams get it done. Each and every single play is designed to make the team win the game. The only excuse for a 1-4 team claiming they are 4-1 is if the refs blew a call. The Bengals have somewhat of a legitimate gripe last week vs. Tampa, but on the flip side, they shouldn't have let them be in a position to win the game.

So their record is who they are.

In 1999, the Raiders, In Gruden's 2nd year, were 8-8. Each of those 8 losses were by 7 points or less. If the Raiders were a good team, they would've won half of those games, making them 12-4. In 2000, they won 4 games by less than a TD. The 1999 Raiders did not do that, thus they were 8-8. The 2000 Raiders did, thus they were 12-4.

Unfortunately for the teams that come close, these games aren't Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. That's why teams are identified by the record next to their names, so that those who don't see the games in their entirety know what kind of team they are. If things were different, NFL.com standing would look something like this:

Breaking down games like people do with the Monday Morning Quarterback only leads to second guessing for the losing squad. The Bears SHOULD be 5-1, but they're not because they found a way to win. If the Cardinals were the 4-2 team they claim to be, they would've wiped the Bears off the map last week.

There is no doubt about it, the Browns are a tough, resilient, gritty and hungry team. But they are also what their record says they are. Wins are the only things that will shut up the naysayers. Close calls will only lead to the entertainment I am enjoying on this here thread. Keep it up boys, I need the laughter until the Raiders start playing tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
      im glad mr shanahan isn't blind like 95 % of broncomania, im sure everybody will play, not sure about northcutt though.
      *boo hoo*

I clearly can't understand why nobody is nice to me......

*boo hoo*

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
        No, the Browns are far better then their record.

The Browns lost 3 games by 8 points or less. Meaning those games are extremely close and a majority of them were lost in the final minutes with the Browns driving for the game tying or winning score.

The Browns are FAR better than their record portrays.

At least you have talked to me civilly.
        ......sorry, charlie....

...but there can be only ONE team, that's better than their record.....

......the browns have quite a ways to go before they can steal that moniker away from the bolts.....
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
          *boo hoo*

I clearly can't understand why nobody is nice to me......

*boo hoo*

many people here are nice to me rc

but thanks for contributing garbage :wave:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
            Not to be harsh, but do you know anything about football, or sports in general? 'Any Given Sunday', 'Sometimes The Lucky Survive'... If you believe the statement you just cast, then no team is better then their record, so Jacksonville was better then Denver when they knocked us out of the playoffs, Pittsburgh was not as good as Denver...even though they toasted us and the team has still not rebounded. The fact is that sometimes luck can make a team surpass another, or it just takes a better game plan, it does not make a team crap or worse then the other, right now your stating we are as good as our record...which is highly false, we just have not been on the wrong side of luck yet, and when it does happen their will be a reality check for many on the team, in the front office and on these boards.

Make no mistake about Cleveland cause your a fan, they are but one team of many we face with the rest of the schedule that can compete and could beat us...if I remember the Faid did not do too bad, and that is sad, but again maybe just maybe they are better then their record...they just have no luck this season and they have even worse game planning, one injury too many, but it all falls in the luck category.

I think maybe a loss to Cleveland will light a fire under the organization's *** and make them take a serious look into how the team is really, add or tweak this or that so the team is not ready for another major let down, because make no mistake about it...Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, San Diego and K.C. have the ability to put us down, unless we are powerful enough to do it to them first!
            I bet if you say that enough times, EACH WEEK, you'll likely get one right.......

men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
              I am sick and tired of your crap Ravage. You are in no position to pull this crap. I have not personally insulted you, yet you do this to me time and time again in every single post I make there you are to insult me. You are harassing me - plain and simple. I am tired of it. I am not taking you off ignore this time.

Tomorrow will be poetic justice for the things I've had to deal with from you.
              I know I'M shaking...... :shake:

I've no love loss for rav, but nowhere in his posts do I see him "harassing" you.....he's simply debunking your weak claim of .....well....whatever you were claiming......

1-4 > 4-1? :nono:

lmao.......
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                And what certifies you as being the expert? How do you know how much football knowledge I have or others have? What have I posted to warrant immaturity? I HAVE NEVER resorted to name calling in the history of my presence here and if I recall correctly, you attacked me about my stance on our QB situation and my avatar which you DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT of. I challenge you to find it where I have ever insulted anyone via namecalling.

WTM and I are friends. I have always had positive run-ins with Tned. I have the utmost respect for Topscribe even though he and I don't see eye to eye on Many subjects. I believe Mtn to be an intelligent person that is just blinded by his hatred for Plummer. But even he and I are civil.

You though... you just attack people randomly and claim they have no football knowledge and then hide behind other members and ask them to"school" your opponents. I think it's time for you to step up or shutup.
                I'm hurt......you mentioned everybody on 'cane's list but me......
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc~Attitude
                  This is not my fight, I like Lancane he is a friend to me and a few others I believe on the boards. But you RBDynasty have been rude and have said twice things I myself have taken as an attack, so you are kinda calling the kettle black with your remarks.

:nono:
                  wow....you've been here since sept. and can jump into a discussion like that?

....hmmmmmm.....
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

wow....you've been here since sept. and can jump into a discussion like that?

....hmmmmmm.....
                    is it against the CoC??? hmmm...

(keep ignoring me, its fine with me)
                    sigpic

Comment

many people here are nice to me rc
                      Must be the 95% BLIND group........
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Must be the 95% BLIND group........
                        how does that coffee taste there fella?
                        sigpic

Comment

is it against the CoC??? hmmm...

(keep ignoring me, its fine with me)
                          1. Did I mention the CoC?
                          2. How am I ignoring you?

All these words.......

....such little content.....
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

1. Did I mention the CoC?
                            In a Three's Company episode, Mr. Furley walks in, hears this and his eyes bulge out. Oh those phrases we can twist.

Comment

I just hope their secondary is still banged up... I want Walker to get some big catch and runs!
                              Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X