• Show
Clear All

Rod says relax.....

Isn't that what the raiders are doing?

Rods been absent relaxing while Javon has been frustrated and making plays

I wonder which philosophy is better?

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
      If our offense does not get better, we may be fighting for a Wild Card spot come Decemeber.
      If Denver's "offense" doesn't get better they definetly don't deserve to go the the Super Bowl.

However, Ill feel sorry for the defense

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
        Rods been absent relaxing...
        wow that's going to get a response. I don't know if we'll see another WR in this lifetime with as much desire as Rod Smith, you can't call him out like that.

People that have been in intensely competitive environments probably understand what Rod is saying, and it's not that anyone should slack...it's that the pressure for results is becoming a serious factor interfering with performance. Am I right here?

Comment

If I take your view of the statement made by Rod Smith it makes sense.

However, Javon I think is playing with more urgency.

I don't see much of Smith anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by champ24girl
            So, Smith said, the players are getting uptight, too, which might explain some of the unit's inefficiency.

it doesn't help when players see what happened to devoe after that miss. this isn't just about winning games: it's about keeping your spot in the lineup. no wonder a lot of the new guys are "tight".
            Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
              However, Javon I think is playing with more urgency.
              Agreed. Javon can find a home in the pantheon of Bronco legends if keeps producing. If Denver attempted as many passes as Philly, Javon would have 630 yards receiving...about 100 more than the current NFL #1.

To be honest, I'm flabbergasted why Rod has been so quiet.

Maybe the Jake's "Jay effect" problems are the same as Rod's "Javon effect" problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver

he's lost a step,and that's enough to cause a big drop in production. remember: everything happens at the margin. if rod is 100% and his defenders are 98%, then that 2% diff is the edge that allows him to get open and make catches. if he loses just 1 or 2%, he basically loses his edge, EVEN THOUGH HE'S STILL 98%. that marginal loss makes all the difference.
                Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by cabroncofanatic
                  he's lost a step...
                  That seems like the obvious answer, but I don't buy it. He's always been a tremendous player, even 7-8 months ago. A 35 year old's body don't disintegrate in 7-8 months, especially if you are as dedicated to work as Rod is. I don't think the 'lost a step' theory explains everything. Also, did you see the move he put on the Raiders in sunday night's game? He looks good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver
                    Agreed. Javon can find a home in the pantheon of Bronco legends if keeps producing. If Denver attempted as many passes as Philly, Javon would have 630 yards receiving...about 100 more than the current NFL #1.

Maybe the Jake's "Jay effect" problems are the same as Rod's "Javon effect" problems.
                    You know, I have ideas on this...but you bring up a good point, or one to look at with objectivity. If Plummer is stunted by the fact Cutler is here, it is fair to say maybe Rod is by Walker, that Rod and Plummer will maybe hinder the team till they are both gone or vice versa, though I do not see Walker and Cutler going anywhere anytime soon. CP for a new spin on the subjects though!

Comment

Originally posted by champ24girl
                      from ESPN.com
                      I really think our offensive problems have a lot to do with the influx of new players. They just need to to gel. Relaxing is going to help us get there.

Jake and Javon seem to be on the same page though and that's helped out a lot.
                      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Rod Smith is a HOF.
                        [CENTER]“The reverb noise is nowhere near as loud as it was at Mile High, but the fans are catching on.”- Pat Bowlen

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                          I really think our offensive problems have a lot to do with the influx of new players. They just need to to gel. Relaxing is going to help us get there.

Jake and Javon seem to be on the same page though and that's helped out a lot.
                          Good insight points to you

Even Mikey has commented on this. Why can't the haters listen to the coach.

They try to read way to much into what they think they can lip read, during sideline conversations.

They are smarter than Mikey.

They listen to commentators, read articles by folks trying to inflame and sell more advertising space.

Comment

Working...
                          X