colts O vs broncos D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickennob2
    It doesnt matter that he can read a defense. Anyone can read the defense that I hope we bring. Punt rush blitz = punt rush blitz. Easy to read, hard to beat.
    All you have to do to beat this is have the TE's that "stay in" to block just go on a short pattern... no one will be covering them. As soon as the ball hits the QB's hands, he's throwing it over the top of the punt rush, and nobody is there to tackle the receiver. Punt rush is a gimmick defense, and we need to run a more standard D against them so there are more to cover. When the Colts run a 5 WR play, EACH of them can catch the stinking ball. We're starting to look like we have a front 4 and MAYBE one blitzer that can get to the passer. Let's stay with what's been working.

Comment

I'll tell you what Denver needs to do to win this game.

First, on offense, Tatum needs to have the greatest day of his life. Run the ball, control the clock, limit Jake to maybe 20-25 passes. Against Indy's run D, I don't think this should be a problem. Tatum has shown that he can get yards against some of the toughest run defenses in the NFL(Baltimore, New England).

On Defense, as good as we are, we have one heck of a task ahead. You'd better believe that Payton will be looking to throw to Reggie Wayne all day. Darrant has to step up or we're done. I have a feeling we'll roll coverage over to his side, assuming that Champ can shut down Harrison as he has done in the past. This I have no doubt he can do, holding who I think is the greatest WR in the NFL to I think something like 2 catches for around 15 yards the last time they met.

The Colts run game also has to be completely shut down. Edge is gone and their O-Line isn't the greatest at run-blocking. We also have to get pressure. Remember what Big Ben did against us with all that time? Imagine that only with the smartest QB in the leauge.

We have a lot to do, but we have all the tools to do it.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
        This is a bad matchup for Denver, imo.

The defense we've played this year has been mostly a cover 2 zone, leaving receivers open in the middle of the field. We've gotten away with it thanks to facing subpar quarterbacks and receivers, but Manning will be different. Denver has to tighten up those holes in the coverage if they want to stand a chance.
        You hit it on the head. Peyton will eat that zone alive. I hate to say it guys but I dont have a good feeling about this one. I have confidence in our D but I dont see them holding the colts to 7 to 10 points. With our offense sputtering like they are we may not be able to get it done. Jake is making terrible decisions game after game. If he continues to turn the ball over this one will be over quick. I have to say it helps that the game is in Denver. If you guys can get as loud as you did for that Monday night game against baltimore that will slow Manning down. Whats the weather supposed to be like Sunday?
        http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

The reality of it is, we cannot expect our defense to hold an offense like Indy has to 6 or 9 points...they are gonna score some td's against us...period.

The key to this game, imo, are two things: First, the longer we keep Peyton off the field, the better. Which means, Tatum MUST have a big day to accomplish this. If Peyton and co. are not on the field, they can't score.

Second, the crowd must be a HUGE factor. As we all know, Manning is the KING of audibles. But, if his line and his receivers can't HEAR the audible, Manning will not be nearly as effective.
          Geaux Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
            You hit it on the head. Peyton will eat that zone alive. I hate to say it guys but I dont have a good feeling about this one. I have confidence in our D but I dont see them holding the colts to 7 to 10 points. With our offense sputtering like they are we may not be able to get it done. Jake is making terrible decisions game after game. If he continues to turn the ball over this one will be over quick. I have to say it helps that the game is in Denver. If you guys can get as loud as you did for that Monday night game against baltimore that will slow Manning down. Whats the weather supposed to be like Sunday?
            we dont know what the weather will be like tomorrow let alone sunday! Its been all over the board the last couple of weeks. From snow to 60 degrees...

Comment

Prediction- Our offense will still struggle. One special teams score. One defensive score. 27-24 broncs.

Comment

Working...
              X