Nate Jackson cutting into Scheffler's reps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Jackson cutting into Scheffler's reps

Didn't see another thread on this, so sorry if there is one.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed that Jackson and Alexander were the two TEs on the field a bunch today, and I didn't see much out of Scheffler. I was really hoping that Scheffler would be making an impact by the second half of the season. It is beginning to look like his development is going to take longer.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

dont expect much out of Sheffler this year, all I know is that Cutler and Sheffler have a great rappore

Comment

Yeah i wish Sheff would get in to game sooner rather than later, but hey, Nate Jackson is no slouch.

Comment

I noticed that.

As much as I hate the guy's guts (sort of), he made a few nice blocks and he's probably an improvement over Scheffler based on experience alone.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
          Didn't see another thread on this, so sorry if there is one.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed that Jackson and Alexander were the two TEs on the field a bunch today, and I didn't see much out of Scheffler. I was really hoping that Scheffler would be making an impact by the second half of the season. It is beginning to look like his development is going to take longer.
          Well he hasnt really looked good. He was dropping very catchable balls and wasnt doing his job very well. Not that Alexander did any better but I expected more than what I was getting from Scheffler. I'm not surprised one bit that Shanahan benched him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
            Well he hasnt really looked good. He was dropping very catchable balls and wasnt doing his job very well. Not that Alexander did any better but I expected more than what I was getting from Scheffler. I'm not surprised one bit that Shanahan benched him.
            i doubt it was based on his performance. if you didnt know, Schefflers grandmother died this past week, so im pretty sure Shanahan deactivated him in order to let him grieve w/out the added stress of football.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4527821

Scheffler excused

Rookie tight end Tony Scheffler missed the Broncos' workout Friday so he could attend the funeral of his grandmother in the Detroit area. With Cleveland a 2 1/2-hour drive away, Scheffler was planning to meet the Broncos at their hotel Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by rovolution
              i doubt it was based on his performance. if you didnt know, Schefflers grandmother died this past week, so im pretty sure Shanahan deactivated him in order to let him grieve w/out the added stress of football.

Scheffler excused

Rookie tight end Tony Scheffler missed the Broncos' workout Friday so he could attend the funeral of his grandmother in the Detroit area. With Cleveland a 2 1/2-hour drive away, Scheffler was planning to meet the Broncos at their hotel Saturday night.
              Wow nice find, and best wishes for the Sheffler family.

Comment

Scheffler excused

Scheffler was at the game on the sideline, in uniform. He wasnt gone or with his family.
                sigpic

Comment

Scheffler excused

Hmm...nevermind then.

Sad to hear that.

He was dressed (he gave Marshall a hug after his TD), so perhaps he just wasn't ready for the gameplan.

Comment

oh he was at the game? my bad (i just saw jackson and alexander, btw alexander didnt look to bad lining up at FB). yea, well he did miss some of practice, so he probably didnt get some part of the gameplan or something (im just guessing)

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley
                      Yeah i wish Sheff would get in to game sooner rather than later, but hey, Nate Jackson is no slouch.
                      Don't sell Jackson short, he's a tremendous slouch!

Comment

oh he was at the game? my bad (i just saw jackson and alexander, btw alexander didnt look to bad lining up at FB). yea, well he did miss some of practice, so he probably didnt get some part of the gameplan or something (im just guessing)
                        It's possible but he only missed one practice. He would've had a while to study their gameplan if they hand them out early in the week. But it's all good. Ha, Alexander lining up at FB? What's going on out there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, I hadn't heard about the death. CP for the relevant article link.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

too bad about the kid's grandmother. . . .

i suspect that jackson may have played even if it hadn't happened, though. . . . here's a quote from my "breakin' it down" thread:

Originally posted by dogfish
                            i keep expecting the chef to break out, but he sure didn't look very good against the fade-- maybe it's time to temper my expectations a little for the kid making the jump from a small school. . . in any case, if he can't find a way to contribute, i myself think we should start dressing nate jackson instead-- at least he knows the playbook and feels comfortable playing at this level, and he's got pretty good hands and can run. . .

not intended to be a knock against the chef. . . . next week should tell us if his PT was reduced because of lack of production, or because of the death in the family. . . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                              too bad about the kid's grandmother. . . .

i suspect that jackson may have played even if it hadn't happened, though. . . . here's a quote from my "breakin' it down" thread:

not intended to be a knock against the chef. . . . next week should tell us if his PT was reduced because of lack of production, or because of the death in the family. . . .
                              Actually, we already kinda suspect that because Scheffler was at the game, on the sideline, in uniform.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X