Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Activating Nate is a great move. Scheffler is clearly not ready yet. From what I understand, he's a better blocker than Scheff too.

We gotta try and get something out of what has been a complete joke so far.

Leave a comment:

• Natemania
    replied
    Oh my god, I can´t believe it....but I saw it with my own eyes.....Jackson is using his head now....He really use his head ....I´m so proud of my Baby

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by rovolution
    i doubt it was based on his performance. if you didnt know, Schefflers grandmother died this past week, so im pretty sure Shanahan deactivated him in order to let him grieve w/out the added stress of football.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4527821

Scheffler excused

Rookie tight end Tony Scheffler missed the Broncos' workout Friday so he could attend the funeral of his grandmother in the Detroit area. With Cleveland a 2 1/2-hour drive away, Scheffler was planning to meet the Broncos at their hotel Saturday night.
    Nope, I hadn't seen that. I am sorry for his loss.

I am glad that there may have been personal reasons for this, as I would hate for them to give up on him that soon. Hopefully, he is back in there next week.

I would think a better arrangment (assuming he can run block), would be to put in Jackson as the run blocking/all round TE and still use Scheffler as the pass catching TE.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Didn't see another thread on this, so sorry if there is one.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed that Jackson and Alexander were the two TEs on the field a bunch today, and I didn't see much out of Scheffler. I was really hoping that Scheffler would be making an impact by the second half of the season. It is beginning to look like his development is going to take longer.
    Well... can't say that I can blame Shanny for involving Nate in the TE rotation a bit more now. Scheff hasn't been able to do what he did during the preseason. I hope it's just the rookie jitters and he gets better though.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
    I hope he's just taking time to develop and won't pull a Watts where he's a preseason superhero but a regular season dud.

i would say it's WAY too early to worry about that. . . . especially considering where he went to school. . . . i'm still hoping we'll see him make an impact this year, but i won't be shocked if he doesn't-- and even if he doesn't, it certainly won't mean that he can't have a good career. . . no matter what we want, it's pretty typical for rooks to struggle. . . . of course, it would help if alexander would contribute a little more-- we really should go after a TE in free agency in the offseason, there's going to be a strong group available, and even if chef DOES break out, we can absolutely use two good TEs as many two TE sets as we like to run. . . .

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    I hope he's just taking time to develop and won't pull a Watts where he's a preseason superhero but a regular season dud.

Leave a comment:

• Chidoze
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    too bad about the kid's grandmother. . . .

i suspect that jackson may have played even if it hadn't happened, though. . . . here's a quote from my "breakin' it down" thread:

not intended to be a knock against the chef. . . . next week should tell us if his PT was reduced because of lack of production, or because of the death in the family. . . .
    Actually, we already kinda suspect that because Scheffler was at the game, on the sideline, in uniform.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    too bad about the kid's grandmother. . . .

i suspect that jackson may have played even if it hadn't happened, though. . . . here's a quote from my "breakin' it down" thread:

Originally posted by dogfish
    i keep expecting the chef to break out, but he sure didn't look very good against the fade-- maybe it's time to temper my expectations a little for the kid making the jump from a small school. . . in any case, if he can't find a way to contribute, i myself think we should start dressing nate jackson instead-- at least he knows the playbook and feels comfortable playing at this level, and he's got pretty good hands and can run. . .

not intended to be a knock against the chef. . . . next week should tell us if his PT was reduced because of lack of production, or because of the death in the family. . . .

Leave a comment:

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    Wow, I hadn't heard about the death. CP for the relevant article link.

Leave a comment:

• Chidoze
    replied
    oh he was at the game? my bad (i just saw jackson and alexander, btw alexander didnt look to bad lining up at FB). yea, well he did miss some of practice, so he probably didnt get some part of the gameplan or something (im just guessing)
    It's possible but he only missed one practice. He would've had a while to study their gameplan if they hand them out early in the week. But it's all good. Ha, Alexander lining up at FB? What's going on out there.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartley
    Yeah i wish Sheff would get in to game sooner rather than later, but hey, Nate Jackson is no slouch.
    Don't sell Jackson short, he's a tremendous slouch!

Leave a comment:

• rovolution
    replied
    oh he was at the game? my bad (i just saw jackson and alexander, btw alexander didnt look to bad lining up at FB). yea, well he did miss some of practice, so he probably didnt get some part of the gameplan or something (im just guessing)

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    i doubt it was based on his performance. if you didnt know, Schefflers grandmother died this past week, so im pretty sure Shanahan deactivated him in order to let him grieve w/out the added stress of football.

Scheffler excused

Rookie tight end Tony Scheffler missed the Broncos' workout Friday so he could attend the funeral of his grandmother in the Detroit area. With Cleveland a 2 1/2-hour drive away, Scheffler was planning to meet the Broncos at their hotel Saturday night.
    Hmm...nevermind then.

Sad to hear that.

He was dressed (he gave Marshall a hug after his TD), so perhaps he just wasn't ready for the gameplan.

Leave a comment:

• Chidoze
    replied

Scheffler excused

Scheffler was at the game on the sideline, in uniform. He wasnt gone or with his family.

Leave a comment:

• Hartley
    replied

Scheffler excused

Wow nice find, and best wishes for the Sheffler family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X