No announcement yet.

Can you say bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When someone's on IR, there's no point in cutting them. You pay them the exact same amount of money. They aren't taking a roster spot. There's absolutely zero benefit to cutting a player on injured reserve, except that you'd lose your chance to keep him next season, if you so desired.

So yeah, cutting Brown would do absolutely nothing. It won't happen. =p

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Back to comment on the first post, i actually believe that he has alot of heart, just a victum of some unfortunate circumstances, namely injurys. I seem to remember last year when we first got him, reading alot of positive posts from people who were able to watch his play extencivly. I dont care how much of a bust you are, you dont end up being the first pick in the draft without deserving it.

Comment

Didn't he sign a one year extention? If so that means he is a FA next year right? Well I don't see any teams being interested in him. So if he wants to come back cheap I could see Shanny bringing him back for training camp atleast. No question that guy has talent. Also no question he is injury proned. So if we can sign him back cheap, and he actually stays healthy he might actually earn some of that money he is chewing up on IR.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
          When someone's on IR, there's no point in cutting them. You pay them the exact same amount of money. They aren't taking a roster spot. There's absolutely zero benefit to cutting a player on injured reserve, except that you'd lose your chance to keep him next season, if you so desired.

So yeah, cutting Brown would do absolutely nothing. It won't happen. =p
          ...and besides, in Madden, you can't cut a player on IR. That basically settles it.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            ...and besides, in Madden, you can't cut a player on IR. That basically settles it.
            Ha ha. Just cause it's in Madden huh?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
              Ha ha. Just cause it's in Madden huh?
              Yes, what are you trying to say?

Comment

Yes, what are you trying to say?
                Oh nothing. I can also trade Plummer for a 1st round pick in Madden!
                sigpic

Comment

Hahaha! Very nice!

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                    Oh nothing. I can also trade Plummer for a 1st round pick in Madden!
                    I'm just joking, fyi...

Comment

I'm just joking, fyi...
                      I know WA..............jeez i was just razzin ya.
                      sigpic

Comment

I dunno about you fools, but Im still not giving up on Brown.

Next year probably ended up like this:
                        Dumervill, Warren, Myers and Lang with Brown and Ekuban as backup/rotation.
                        XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

i also like brown but the team cant afford to keep him on the active roster next year. i wouldnt resign him if it were up to me.

"playing for peanuts" doesnt mean a thing if your not playing at all. the broncos will be able to address this issue at the end of the year and sign a better free agent.

our main concern next year will be finding a better tight end and a back up for cutler.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X