Rice -"Offense to Predictable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice -"Offense to Predictable"

Jerry Rice commenting on Sirius Radio this morning feels that our lack of productivity on offense is mostly due to the fact that we have been running the same plays, formations etc. every week(for years). He said Defenses have the formula to slow us down, and until our coaches mix it up the offense will struggle.

I tend to agree with this. All of our players (Jake, TE's) will be more effective by adding some elements of surprise.

I have read some comments about using the shotgun to give Jake more time... probably not a bad idea.

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    Jerry Rice commenting on Sirius Radio this morning feels that our lack of productivity on offense is mostly due to the fact that we have been running the same plays, formations etc. every week(for years). He said Defenses have the formula to slow us down, and until our coaches mix it up the offense will struggle.

I tend to agree with this. All of our players (Jake, TE's) will be more effective by adding some elements of surprise.

I have read some comments about using the shotgun to give Jake more time... probably not a bad idea.
    You kno, everything Jerry Rice says, usually comes up true, if i were the broncos, i would take that advice.
    sigpic

Comment

I would still like to stick with the theory that we have not had a need to come out gangbusters on offense yet this year (minus the first game) because our defense is so good. However we will need to score points against Indy (no way we hold them below 10 pts) so this is the week where we see what the offense can really do when it must perform.
      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO

I would have to sale Jake and shotgun is a no no :nono:

Conservitive and Jake :thumb:

Comment

well lets hope that this week we open our playbook some because we won't get it done with our 13.5 points a game average

Comment

Being a Chiefs fan I watch every almost every Chiefs game I can possibly see with living in PA.

During the Vermeil era for the past 3 years, I could literally call the play. Toss left, PA Pass, that kinda stuff. So I started thinking " If I am calling these plays with about 80% accuracy, certainly somone who gets paid to look at this has to know at least 90% if not more."

So that leads me to believe that if you( the fan watching it on tv) can predict what yer teams gonna do with a decent accuracy, that the other team has gotta have some clue of what yer trying to do, and put a scheme in to at least slow it down. If not shut it down.That of course, is the point .

Go Penguins
            SNK did the sig. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by BSmitty7
              well lets hope that this week we open our playbook some because we won't get it done with our 13.5 points a game average

We tried to open up the playbook before and lost (See STL.)

More plays for Jake means more turnovers for Jake.

:nono:

Comment

Wow I'm so glad Jerry's taking the time to anaylze our offense. He's gotta find something to do, you know...sitting around on his ass all day kissing his rings must get kind of old after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Wow I'm so glad Jerry's taking the time to anaylze our offense. He's gotta find something to do, you know...sitting around on his ass all day kissing his rings must get kind of old after a while.
                  For some reason I doubt it lol.

Go Penguins
                  SNK did the sig. Thanks man!

Comment

Jerry Rice knows offense . . . or at least he certainly should.

If he had something to say about my offense, I would sit up and listen.

My question is, where are the screens, the pitch-outs, the play actions? And why not
                    give the ball to the fullback a little more? I'll tell you, the Falcons crossed up the
                    Steelers good with that one, yesterday.

------

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                      Jerry can do and say what he wants, he has never opened his mouth ina TO kind of fashion, and it's true, like the Chiefs fan said, last year I was doing the same thing predicting the plays. At one point yesterday we ran Tatum off the left side 3 times ina row....

All I'm saying is if Jerry said something, we should at least hear it and acknowledge it. Cause Peyton and the Colts are the polar opposite of us, they get ONE play and he turns it into something totally different...we need to show something new this week

Comment

Why don't we bring in Jerry as the OC then...or better yet, why not just can Mike and replace him with the GOAT? He obviously sees something that our current coaching staff doesn't...

Comment

I think maybe we will see more of Heimerdinger's plays in the next few weeks, Javon Walker is returning to form. We saw Nate Jackson on the field alot on sunday and he made a nice block on the TD for tatum and I like his size/speed as a passing target. He made some nice grabs two years ago when he was playing receiver and I think he creates a mismatch for most LB's.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Does Jerry Rice have any credibility left...at all?
                            "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Rice doesn't know what he is talking about. Denver has a whole new set of formation every game. The problem is execution not the plays. If Denver runs the same plays all the time then why didn't we run the wide receiver screen pass or the toss sweep yesterday? Or how about the end around. We won but we could have won by more. I think its time we give Jake a break and start Cutler.
                              Broncos fans since age 6.
                              Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                              Favorite Player: John Elway
                              Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

Working...
                              X