Rice -"Offense to Predictable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
    Does Jerry Rice have any credibility left...at all?
    Nah he's looking for a job, that's all.

Comment

Far be it from me to disagree with the GOAT, but I am on this one, unfortunately.

Denver has had virtually the same system in place for the past 12 seasons. With the exception of this season, our offense has never struggled consistently like it has this year. I just don't believe that all of a sudden now all the teams in the NFL know how to defend against us and know our offense.

Besides, almost every team knows what the other is capable of doing. However, good teams still make big plays despite this because...well, they're good teams.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
        Far be it from me to disagree with the GOAT, but I am on this one, unfortunately.

Denver has had virtually the same system in place for the past 12 seasons. With the exception of this season, our offense has never struggled consistently like it has this year. I just don't believe that all of a sudden now all the teams in the NFL know how to defend against us and know our offense.

Besides, almost every team knows what the other is capable of doing. However, good teams still make big plays despite this because...well, they're good teams.
        That about sums it up. Good post mojo.

Comment

Our offense is struggling because we dont get production for the te. The te has been important to this offense for a long time.

Comment

Plays may LOOK similar, and we may feel we are calling them... but there is always the mix of formations, and the matchup diffficulties those formations cause.

But it ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS comes down to execution. It doesn't matter if they know we are going to run the ball... we have to execute.

Comment

Rice's opinion of opening up a offense is colaborated with his knowledge of playing with different QB's in addition.

So with that said I think we can open up the offense in the near future with a gunslinger.

Comment

I respect Jerry Rice. He knows a little bit about offenses.
                So instead of taking on his comments, I'll let Herman Boone take him on.

The Denver Broncos offense will work. "It's like novocaine. Just give it time, it always work."----Herman Boone
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Skeleton
                  Does Jerry Rice have any credibility left...at all?
                  Why wouldn't he? What did he do to lose any credibility?

That seems a silly question.

-----

Comment

Plus Rice spent several weeks with our play book not too long ago. If he is seeing the same stuff, I would expect him to have a knowledgable POV on the issue. It will be interesting indeed to see what shanny and dinger put in the game plan this next week...

Comment

Originally posted by Loyalty
                      Rice doesn't know what he is talking about. Denver has a whole new set of formation every game. The problem is execution not the plays. If Denver runs the same plays all the time then why didn't we run the wide receiver screen pass or the toss sweep yesterday? Or how about the end around. We won but we could have won by more. I think its time we give Jake a break and start Cutler.
                      "Rice doesn't know what he is talking about."

"I think its time we give Jake a break and start Cutler."

-----

Comment

Let's just say that as good as Rice was on the field, he's that bad as an "analyst" on Sirius NFL Radio...

Awful...

He asked one of the Chiefs how it felt when Matt Bryant kicked the field goal to win the game???

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                          Why wouldn't he? What did he do to lose any credibility?

That seems a silly question.

-----

There's nothing silly about it.

He hung around 5 years too long, desperate to sign w/ anyone. His analysis skills are a complete joke (there's a reason he's not working for the WWL or on the NFL Network). He debased himself by appearing on the stupid dancing show. In my mind, and I know I'm not alone, he has no credibility.

For a guy who really wanted to be a part of this "predictable" offense, he sure is talking a lot of crap about it.
                          "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people." - Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7
                            Jerry can do and say what he wants, he has never opened his mouth ina TO kind of fashion, and it's true, like the Chiefs fan said, last year I was doing the same thing predicting the plays. At one point yesterday we ran Tatum off the left side 3 times ina row....

All I'm saying is if Jerry said something, we should at least hear it and acknowledge it. Cause Peyton and the Colts are the polar opposite of us, they get ONE play and he turns it into something totally different...we need to show something new this week
                            The problem is that Jake gets confused and screws up when they try to do to much.
                            If you love NFL stats and history
                            pro-football-reference.com
                            jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              "Rice doesn't know what he is talking about."

"I think its time we give Jake a break and start Cutler."

-----
                              Ok now I agree with your quote

Comment

Working...
                              X