Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Key to Gaining our 6th win.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Key to Gaining our 6th win.

    Well it's game week as the Broncos prepare to face the undefeated Colts at Invesco. I believe if we our going to win this game we must keep the ball out of Peyton Mannings hands. What does that mean? That means that we must emphasize the running game and pound it on their vulnerable run defense. We must chew up the clock and keep our defense fresh. We pound the ball and then throw a play action fake to keep them honest. That, I believe, is the key to winning this weeks game. Any Thoughts?

  • #2
    Seems like a no-brainer. Potato Head can't throw TDs from the bench.

    Crowd noise will limit his audibles when they have the ball. I do believe our D is up to the task also, so our offense just has to pound the rock against a below average run stopping Colts defense. I think we will see some long passes to Javon too.

    Lord, I hope this game is nationally televised, I'm getting pumped up already

    Comment


    • #3
      Unless Plummer is benched, Martyball will be the way to win. Get the lead and go ultra-conservative. The Colts run D is poor and 1 INT from Plummer alone can cost Denver the entire game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Get brandon marshall and javon walker the ball, they can abuse that secondary

        Comment


        • #5
          The Colts will expect the run hence we will have to throw the ball downfield. This is Jake's time to shine if not he will lose his job. The defense is going to have to get to Manning early and often. He is easily rattled if you get to him early. Denver needs to be able to get pressure with its front 4 with occassional blitzes one of the linebackers. Another key is the crowd noise. If Indy employs its no huddle offense we will need the crowd to be as loud as ever.
          Broncos fans since age 6.
          Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
          Favorite Player: John Elway
          Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
            Unless Plummer is benched, Martyball will be the way to win. Get the lead and go ultra-conservative. The Colts run D is poor and 1 INT from Plummer alone can cost Denver the entire game.
            You must have forgotten that Plummer started the Colts game of 2003 with a pick returned for a TD, only to perform near flawlessly the rest of the game as we routed the Colt and only allowed Manning to be on the field for a mere 15 minutes that game.

            The Denver Broncos running the ball is a far cry from Martyball.

            Comment


            • #7
              1) Indy actually has hand signals for the audibles to go with the silent count that they practice week in, week out. While crowd noise could cause false starts, etc., it probably won't have as much effect as some are thinking.

              2) From games 1-5 to game 6, Indy's run D improved from 'atrocious' to 'OK'. With the hopeful returns of Sanders - FS and Reagor - DT, as well as a full week of practice with McFarland, we're hoping to improve on 'OK'. While by no means are we expecting to shut down Denver's run offense (is that possible?), we'll be looking to make a couple stops early on and try to force you guys to play from behind. Our defense has been built to focus on defending the pass once our offense has gotten a lead, so that will be what we will be trying to force.

              Comment


              • #8
                Am I the only one that is very confident about this game?

                We stack up perfectly; finally we have a great defense to control their O, Colts have a poor run D....the rest is obvious....
                Go Huskers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What type of defensive scheme do you guys typically run? I'm sure someone with Bailey's abilities get's some Man-to-Man assignments. However, it's difficult to shut down a top reciever in Man Coverage all game, even for the best CB in the league.

                  I also remember hearing somewhere that you've been more conservative with bringing guys like Lynch on the blitz. I remember in the 2004 playoff game, Bailey did a good job on Harrison, but we gave you some trouble on the other side of the field (Wayne - 221 Yards, 2TD's), as well as Clark finding seams in the coverage (112 Yards, 1TD). Kepping Lynch in coverage should help that as well. I'm curious as to what you will do to try and slow down the Colts, but the one thing I do know is that it's not going to be another shootout like we saw in 2003, 2004.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
                    Seems like a no-brainer. Potato Head can't throw TDs from the bench.

                    Crowd noise will limit his audibles when they have the ball. I do believe our D is up to the task also, so our offense just has to pound the rock against a below average run stopping Colts defense. I think we will see some long passes to Javon too.

                    Lord, I hope this game is nationally televised, I'm getting pumped up already

                    You can see if it will be broadcast in your area at http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/. It will not be listed for week 8 until wednesday I believe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nick7
                      Am I the only one that is very confident about this game?

                      We stack up perfectly; finally we have a great defense to control their O, Colts have a poor run D....the rest is obvious....
                      Nope, you aren't the only one. I think our defense will prove that they are the real thing.

                      I may be a homer, but that doesn't make me wrong!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Loyalty
                        The Colts will expect the run hence we will have to throw the ball downfield. This is Jake's time to shine if not he will lose his job. The defense is going to have to get to Manning early and often. He is easily rattled if you get to him early. Denver needs to be able to get pressure with its front 4 with occassional blitzes one of the linebackers. Another key is the crowd noise. If Indy employs its no huddle offense we will need the crowd to be as loud as ever.

                        of course the colts are going to expect the run, but by passing it downfield not only does it allow Manning to have the ball more but it also increases the chance of a weekly Jake mistake... so no thank you. I'd rather put in double tights and pound the ball.. also lets run it at Freeny, he has a tendency to run up the field which opens up a big hole; and you know with the slightest hole Tatum can take it all the way!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Run

                          If the Broncos can Run I say stay with it. However Shanahan my have to undo Plummers leash on some series.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With Matt Lepsis out, it would be suicide to drop back and pass with Dwight Freeney lining up on the other side of the ball.

                            We need Tatum Bell to come up huge (and Mike Bell to do some significant damage coming off the bench).
                            You've got to know when to sack em...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I say the key is getting our TEs involved. Some short passes and maybe some bootlegs as well to the them. This was a good play last year with Putzier and in the past with Shannon etc.
                              The Colts can also be run on. I do believe.

                              I feel that the Colts can be scored on. I see the Broncos (optomisically) scoring 24 with Indy getting 17. Jake also will play a clean game this week. (Cautiously Optomistic)
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X