Time For Some Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For Some Changes

It has always been my opinion that the best communities are ones where the members generally police themselves, and official action rarely needs to be taken.

Recently, it's become apparent that our community is struggling to do that. A community that should generally be united in our love for the Broncos is instead more often than not divided, and one issue seems to be the main contributor to that division.

I'm not interested in talking about that issue. We've always stated that people are free to be critical of the Broncos organization, our coaches, our players and so on. And that will always be true as long as I'm involved with these boards.

Unfortunately, criticism has devolved into regular disrespect, mean-spiritedness and an overall lack of civility that does not reflect well on the Denver Broncos organization or many members of these boards.

No longer.

I and the moderator staff intend to take a more aggressive approach to enforcing the Code of Conduct for the immediate future. Some people are not going to be happy about this. Some people are going to feel singled out, or that the staff is in some way biased against them. Some people may even quit the boards over it. All I can promise is that we will continue to do our jobs as fairly as possible, which means enforcing the CoC as we interpret it.

People have 24 hours to adjust to this, then we will do what we feel is required to preserve the integrity of this community and ensure its long-term health. I suggest people with material in their signatures that could be construed as belitting, antagonistic, etc. remove it. I suggest that people who regularly riddle their posts with snide jabs that they think so cleverly manage to stay just on the right side of the CoC rethink things. Because when we act on these things starting Wednesday, we will be doing more than just deleting posts.

To assist in this effort, we are once again inviting people to join the moderator staff and take on an "official" role in maintaining and improving the quality of these boards. If you are interested in volunteering, or have any questions or comments about this message or anything else to do with the boards, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

I think we're better than this, folks. I really do. And I'm confident that for the most part, people will get the hint. Please prove me right.

Hope this works and people can adjust well to the changes. It saddens me that this board has become so divided over a team that we can all agree that we love. Thanks for trying something new, even if people don't like the changes, in the end I'm hoping that it will make this a better place.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
      Hope this works and people can adjust well to the changes. It saddens me that this board has become so divided over a team that we can all agree that we love. Thanks for trying something new, even if people don't like the changes, in the end I'm hoping that it will make this a better place.
      I'm offended that you call yourself a smart ass when everyone knows that's really my name.

j/k.

I hope this helps....

But do I have to take Die, Whodey, Die! out of my sig?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

yah...

i too hope the board returns to what it was a few months back.. full of joy, laughter, respect and some lovin'...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

... i dont care cos milky is going no place soon!!!

sigpic

Comment

Changes can be good.
            Good that Admin feels changes are needed. We certainly didn't want negative stuff to corrode the good Bronco spirit of this board.

Hopefully this (24hours) will give all members time to adjust and make this community a better place.

I will say we can't place this on limited number of moderators. They do a great job moderating. If stricter enforcement is necessary then that is adjustment we all will have to adjust to.

I plan on sticking around here for years to come so I plan to comply with the changes.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

I undestand Steve I'll keep trying to put my best foot foward. I know I haven't been successful at this but I'll keep trying.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                I'm offended that you call yourself a smart ass when everyone knows that's really my name.

j/k.

I hope this helps....

Heck no!!! It's trademarked!
                Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Loyalty And Direction

You know i'll be the first to admit that I also get riled up over our teams preformance. But thats the reality of a true sports fan,*****in,complaining,yelling saying that so and so is a idiot,there are miriads of reasons. The bottom line we all have the same thing in common we are BRONCOS FANS,through snow,rain,sleet,through,good and bad time we stand firm in our convictions of our team. We truly need to pull together for this very very inportant game this week. I believe coach S is gonna show you the real offense this week,don't be suprised to see stuff we have not seen to this point in the NFL season. If we get our assess handed to us it will be because of the offense the defense is a great one but you can't have them on the field all day and win. Mr. Mannining will have a hay day if thats the case. Jake it time to throw the ball DOWN FIELD. Stay srtong my fellow fans and remember its not just a game its a life :dance:

Comment

This is a great idea. I remember when I joined just over a year ago, it was very enjoyable reading the great posts about the Broncos, but this year, many of the threads/posts have been anything but enjoyable to me.
                    Last edited by Denver Native; 10-24-2006, 02:55 PM.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

i'm with ya bud.
                      [CENTER]“The reverb noise is nowhere near as loud as it was at Mile High, but the fans are catching on.”- Pat Bowlen

Comment

I would like to say that I have been avoiding the "threads" that I believe you're talking about and that I think this is a great idea.

I think this is a great message board (my favorite) and plan on staying around.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Aint sayin I been perfect but glad we are gonna try an fix this
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                            I would like to say that I have been avoiding the "threads" that I believe you're talking about and that I think this is a great idea.
                            Usually you know these threads by the initiators user name.

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                            Aint sayin I been perfect but glad we are gonna try an fix this
                            Nobody's perfect. But some could at least try to curb the nonsense.

Salute the Admin and Mod staff.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I love this idea and think it will be great all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X