No announcement yet.

Time For Some Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to act good on the internet because my mom will spank me if she finds anything mean when she does her regular every 10 min cheak and overview of my posts

Comment

Originally posted by Crush05
      It appears that if we are Cutler fans and post a polite thought as I have doen then the Jake crowd gets on you for it! It is okay for them but those of us for Cutler are getting the shaft!!!! WOW GREAT JOB!!!!!! NOTTTTT!

This is about BOTH sides. It's about a basic respect for your fellow posters. People can talk about a subject without throwing in sarcastic demeaning comments. Everyone has an opinion and it's their right, but we should respect the opinions of others. I have seen both sides of the debate get away with a lot and it's detracting from what this board is all about. We all seem to forget that at the end of the day we all love this team. BOTH sides of the debate have gotten away with belittling, demeaning and all out violations of the COC for far too long and there are those of us who don't get in the middle of the silly debates that just want to come to the board and enjoy the company of other fans WITHOUT the worry of being made to feel 2 inches tall because of an opinion. That's all any of these debates are....OPINIONS and you know what they say about opinions....everyone's got one.....you know the rest. The fact is that the mods and admin are stepping in and putting an end to the division of these boards. Keep it family friendly, keep it respectful and you really have nothing to worry about.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
        This is about BOTH sides. It's about a basic respect for your fellow posters. People can talk about a subject without throwing in sarcastic demeaning comments. Everyone has an opinion and it's their right, but we should respect the opinions of others. I have seen both sides of the debate get away with a lot and it's detracting from what this board is all about. We all seem to forget that at the end of the day we all love this team. BOTH sides of the debate have gotten away with belittling, demeaning and all out violations of the COC for far too long and there are those of us who don't get in the middle of the silly debates that just want to come to the board and enjoy the company of other fans WITHOUT the worry of being made to feel 2 inches tall because of an opinion. That's all any of these debates are....OPINIONS and you know what they say about opinions....everyone's got one.....you know the rest. The fact is that the mods and admin are stepping in and putting an end to the division of these boards. Keep it family friendly, keep it respectful and you really have nothing to worry about.
        Exactly.

I would give you some CPs...but I'm out of love for the time being

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
          Great post. :clap: Sarcasm doesn't always come across to all of us when it is typed and not spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Crush05
            It appears that if we are Cutler fans and post a polite thought as I have doen then the Jake crowd gets on you for it! It is okay for them but those of us for Cutler are getting the shaft!!!! WOW GREAT JOB!!!!!! NOTTTTT!
            Actually I will second this, no matter what anyone on this board says there is some bias in their judgement. If I am to be banned because I disslike or am judgemental of a player, I guess I have no say so. I know from my experience here while not long has met with crude gestures, names and more from particular fans. And in my time here I have also seen my friends whom are contributors to the boards bashed and banned even, all because what they have on their sigs or posted in their defense against such attacks, many of those who were guilty were never punished while they were and in that there only common bond was that they are considered Anti-Jake Fans. Yet these same individuals time in and time out stood up for fans, even those they got bashed by from personal attacks, seems to me then the MODs' are a bit bias and keep their friends taken cared of and ban those they know little of or nothing of.

If a board is going to police themselves in a true and honest manner, then all Anti or Pro Sentiments need to be erased, those banned on this need a chance to go along with the new regulations. I for one believe anything that is considered Religious, Anti or Pro Based, Military or Government Based should then be taken off Sigs, Phrases or Avatars. Also the other MODs' need be policed or subjected to review for any bias actions taken against members they might not like. Even those in power can and will abuse it sometimes, I find it only fair they be subjected to the same penalties as the other posters here. I also think that the MODs' need to be more verbal in contacting members for Bans or Suspensions, I know at least two posters banned without even an email on why, it would also be a good idea to adopt probations in this such cases or to those whom are over 1,000 posts maybe, because again MODs' could easily ban members without warning, they should also be able to dispute this in a civil fashion with the head aministrator, and if MODs' do abuse their power, they should loose the right to be a MOD.

Just my two cents, not like it matters.
            Lancane, MntMan, PlummInt, BroncoFanCam and others of our mindset I salute you!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake16
              Sounds GREAT IMO, time to remove some of the GARBAGE threads / comments / sigs / avatars around here!

GO BRONCOS, on with the WINs
              Snake16 put a question mark in your signature. It will turn your two word fragment into a two word question. But other than that, the colors are pretty. (and the first thing I thought when I saw you sig was that your basement was flooding.)

In response with to the topic of the thread, I would advise others that even though the person you are responding to may be on the other side of the world, type as if they where sitting right next to you. When I think of it that way, I find that it harder to critisize and belittle what the other person has said.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                It has always been my opinion that the best communities are ones where the members generally police themselves, and official action rarely needs to be taken.

Recently, it's become apparent that our community is struggling to do that. A community that should generally be united in our love for the Broncos is instead more often than not divided, and one issue seems to be the main contributor to that division.

I'm not interested in talking about that issue. We've always stated that people are free to be critical of the Broncos organization, our coaches, our players and so on. And that will always be true as long as I'm involved with these boards.

Unfortunately, criticism has devolved into regular disrespect, mean-spiritedness and an overall lack of civility that does not reflect well on the Denver Broncos organization or many members of these boards.

No longer.

I and the moderator staff intend to take a more aggressive approach to enforcing the Code of Conduct for the immediate future. Some people are not going to be happy about this. Some people are going to feel singled out, or that the staff is in some way biased against them. Some people may even quit the boards over it. All I can promise is that we will continue to do our jobs as fairly as possible, which means enforcing the CoC as we interpret it.

People have 24 hours to adjust to this, then we will do what we feel is required to preserve the integrity of this community and ensure its long-term health. I suggest people with material in their signatures that could be construed as belitting, antagonistic, etc. remove it. I suggest that people who regularly riddle their posts with snide jabs that they think so cleverly manage to stay just on the right side of the CoC rethink things. Because when we act on these things starting Wednesday, we will be doing more than just deleting posts.

To assist in this effort, we are once again inviting people to join the moderator staff and take on an "official" role in maintaining and improving the quality of these boards. If you are interested in volunteering, or have any questions or comments about this message or anything else to do with the boards, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

I think we're better than this, folks. I really do. And I'm confident that for the most part, people will get the hint. Please prove me right.
                Cool! You go man!
                sigpic

#TEBOWDOMINATES...Love Orange and Blue Gators and Broncos!

Jake Plummer will always be my #1 Quarterback!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc~Attitude
                  Actually I will second this, no matter what anyone on this board says there is some bias in their judgement. If I am to be banned because I disslike or am judgemental of a player, I guess I have no say so. I know from my experience here while not long has met with crude gestures, names and more from particular fans. And in my time here I have also seen my friends whom are contributors to the boards bashed and banned even, all because what they have on their sigs or posted in their defense against such attacks, many of those who were guilty were never punished while they were and in that there only common bond was that they are considered Anti-Jake Fans. Yet these same individuals time in and time out stood up for fans, even those they got bashed by from personal attacks, seems to me then the MODs' are a bit bias and keep their friends taken cared of and ban those they know little of or nothing of.

If a board is going to police themselves in a true and honest manner, then all Anti or Pro Sentiments need to be erased, those banned on this need a chance to go along with the new regulations. I for one believe anything that is considered Religious, Anti or Pro Based, Military or Government Based should then be taken off Sigs, Phrases or Avatars. Also the other MODs' need be policed or subjected to review for any bias actions taken against members they might not like. Even those in power can and will abuse it sometimes, I find it only fair they be subjected to the same penalties as the other posters here. I also think that the MODs' need to be more verbal in contacting members for Bans or Suspensions, I know at least two posters banned without even an email on why, it would also be a good idea to adopt probations in this such cases or to those whom are over 1,000 posts maybe, because again MODs' could easily ban members without warning, they should also be able to dispute this in a civil fashion with the head aministrator, and if MODs' do abuse their power, they should loose the right to be a MOD.

Just my two cents, not like it matters.
                  I will simply say that you are incorrect in many of your assumptions, as we have gotten rid of several threads started by someone attemtpting to be Pro-Cutler turned into a bash session.

It seems that the only ones who have complained of bias are those we have taken actions against, regardless of point of view.

Regarding your second part:

We are subject to the rules. Admin can ban us at any time.

According to the rules you agreed to by becoming a member, the Broncos are not required to inform anyone of revocation of account status. We do contact most members, except for commercial spammers, and one post or multiple post trolls of a vulgar or aggressive nature, when their account is suspended.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

I think there are many checks and balances in place on this board.

Honestly the posters on this message board are forwarded many more freedoms then many many other message boads. Not just sports mind you, but internet sites in general.

I guess I cant see why there would be any complaint what so ever about an improvement to the environment of this message board.

Keep up the work mods and admins. I realize im not the poster child for being a good poster, but I think you all are doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
                      I think there are many checks and balances in place on this board.

Honestly the posters on this message board are forwarded many more freedoms then many many other message boads. Not just sports mind you, but internet sites in general.

I guess I cant see why there would be any complaint what so ever about an improvement to the environment of this message board.

Keep up the work mods and admins. I realize im not the poster child for being a good poster, but I think you all are doing just fine.
                      Xcellent response here.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X