No announcement yet.

What I honestly think lost us the game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I honestly think lost us the game!

Yes I thought that the defense didn't show up today (mainly pass rush, pass defense, etc.), and Coyer didn't make any successful changes either than what kind of prevent to run. But the real reason why I think we lost the game was the last three play calls on the last Bronco series. First play, run with Tatum who was struggling all game with his "Toe" and footing. Slip and fall no gain. This would have been a perfect chance for a roll out play action and either a Jake run or a dump off for 6-10 yards. Next down another run with Mike Bell who was having a sweet game and slipps and falls no gain. Decent call, but still un-aggressive. Last play when it was VERY obvious that the Colts were blitzing we run a 5 step drop and no crossing patterns or quick slants, Jake make an awesome play and was so rushed to get rid of the ball he doesn't realize he can run for a possible first down.

All in all I think that our lack of aggressiveness on the last three plays lost us the game. There is no way that we can leave Manning that much time left with three to's to march down the field and give it to the most clutch kicker in NFL history. We ablsolutely had to get first downs and get a touchdown there.
    sigpic

No one agrees?
    sigpic

Comment

Im with you there
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

You got that one spot on!

How come no one else noticed it.

Infact I feel, given the way our D was getting shredded, it was 4th down territory.

We should have run up the middle on 3rd down. And run up the middle on 4th down again. Would have taken time off the clock and hopefully gotten a first down and a chance for a winning TD or FG.

Ofcourse, if we were stuffed and turned it over on downs, the game would have been over. But we lost anyway.
        [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

I think had the broncos run more time off the clock, Manning wouldnt have had time to orchastrate such a drive down field and we could have possibly beat them in OT. There are too many "what if's" to talk about and we can never be sure if any of them would have been better or worse.
          sigpic

Comment

Darrent lost the damn game :brick: I say we duct take him to a pole and put him in the south parking lot all week then bench him on sunday and play DFOX.
            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT
              Yes I thought that the defense didn't show up today (mainly pass rush, pass defense, etc.), and Coyer didn't make any successful changes either than what kind of prevent to run. But the real reason why I think we lost the game was the last three play calls on the last Bronco series. First play, run with Tatum who was struggling all game with his "Toe" and footing. Slip and fall no gain. This would have been a perfect chance for a roll out play action and either a Jake run or a dump off for 6-10 yards. Next down another run with Mike Bell who was having a sweet game and slipps and falls no gain. Decent call, but still un-aggressive. Last play when it was VERY obvious that the Colts were blitzing we run a 5 step drop and no crossing patterns or quick slants, Jake make an awesome play and was so rushed to get rid of the ball he doesn't realize he can run for a possible first down.

All in all I think that our lack of aggressiveness on the last three plays lost us the game. There is no way that we can leave Manning that much time left with three to's to march down the field and give it to the most clutch kicker in NFL history. We ablsolutely had to get first downs and get a touchdown there.
              Nice accessment and I agree.
              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                Darrent lost the damn game :brick: I say we duct take him to a pole and put him in the south parking lot all week then bench him on sunday and play DFOX.
                Put the D-line out there with him cause it was their fault as well.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT

I fully agreed with you. Why no pass attempt until the crucial 3rd-and-9 when you must convert? Seriously, keeping the drive alive and scoring 7 here probably would've sealed the game.
                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Sorry to say guys but your all wrong. What lost us the game was two word's Darrent Williams. Peyton Manning ate him up for breakfast. He is the weak spot on the team. Sorry Darrent William supporters but he has been notice as the weak link on the defense. This is not a bashing thread but seriously I'm getting tired of Darrent getting beat. Wayne ate him up. Just like Wayne eats up every other corner back we put on him. Williams is yet another victim who can't cover Wayne. I said it when Darrent was playing 10 yards off the ball against D. Gabriel of New England. Gabriel ate up Darrent that game. To many mistakes by Darrent. You would think after two touchdowns that Peyton is going after you. Hey Darrent wake up!!!!!!

Comment

at halftime change to the blue pants,ya just never know........
                      elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnotic
                        Sorry to say guys but your all wrong. What lost us the game was two word's Darrent Williams. Peyton Manning ate him up for breakfast. He is the weak spot on the team. Sorry Darrent William supporters but he has been notice as the weak link on the defense. This is not a bashing thread but seriously I'm getting tired of Darrent getting beat. Wayne ate him up. Just like Wayne eats up every other corner back we put on him. Williams is yet another victim who can't cover Wayne. I said it when Darrent was playing 10 yards off the ball against D. Gabriel of New England. Gabriel ate up Darrent that game. To many mistakes by Darrent. You would think after two touchdowns that Peyton is going after you. Hey Darrent wake up!!!!!!
                        Should we have changed up then and put Champ on Wayne?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                          Should we have changed up then and put Champ on Wayne?
                          Harrison is one of the best route runners in the game

if Dwill was getting killed by Wayne (no where near as good at it as Harrison) Peyton would have just zoned in on him

Comment

Living in the 'what if' mode for a second, I would have called a safe pass play on 1st and 10, maybe a dump off for about five yards to one of the backs or a quick out to Smith or Walker. Then it would have been 2nd and 5 or 2nd and 6, and you could have ran it on second down, gaining 1-2 yards even, and it would have put you in a much more comfortable 3rd and 3 or 4, where you had your whole playbook to use, and kept the Colts defense off guard. They knew Jake was passing, and they pressured him into making a quick, inaccurate throw.

Granted, a lot could have happened on my play calling. But this was what I was expecting. I sure wouldn't have given it to Tatum, who was struggling almost the entire game, on first down.
                            sigpic

Comment

the colts were the better team on this day.....

the beat denver.....

no excuses.....

denver played a GREAT game.....
                              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                              -The best in the business-

Comment

Working...
                              X