Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Elway was THIS close to being a Raider!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timp View Post
    I have been a Bronco fan since 1968. So as far as your "moot point" comment goes, with me it is mind-over-matter. I don't mind and you don't matter. Don't think for one minute my friend that the Denver Broncos fan base only dates back to the 1980's. There are still a few of us old guys out here that lived with the Broncos being a door mat for many years before you were probably born.

Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's tail feathers with my comment, by any means. You're correct, I should have also included a caveat for those members who were already fans prior to 1983.

All that I was trying to say was, Elway playing for another team would not have "bothered" me, since he is what brought me to the Broncos in the first place. If he had, indeed, gone to the Raiders, well, there's a distinct possibility I'd be a fan of the sliver and black right now.

I realize that I can only claim this with any degree of certainty about myself, but I'm willing to wager that those who were fans of this team prior to Elway arriving probably account for less than 50% of the posters on Broncomania.

(I may be in error with that observation, but it certainly wasn't my intention to make an inflammatory statement.)

sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
    X