Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the season ended today... (After week 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the season ended today... (After week 8)

Well, pretty much halfway through the year at this point!

We slipped out of the first round bye position, but if we can make up the one game to the Pats, we have the tie-breaker on them, along with the Ravens. So if we win our division and wind up with the same record as either of those teams, we'll get the #2 spot.

Here's how the AFC Looks if the season ended today:

1. Indy 7-0
    2. New England 6-1
    3. Denver 5-2
    4. Baltimore 5-2
    5. San Diego 5-2 (1st Wildcard)
    6. Cincinnati 4-3 (2nd Wildcard)

Matchups:

Indy and New England have bye weeks.

Cincy @ Denver
    San Diego @ Baltimore

Explanations:

Indy's the only undefeated team, so they're first.
    New England has the best record among remaining division leaders, so they're second.
    Denver is their division leader because of a better division record than San Diego, since the two teams haven't played.
    Denver beat Baltimore head-to head, and are the third seed.
    Baltimore is the last division leader and they are fourth.
    San Diego has the best record among non division leaders so they are the fifth seed.
    Cincy has a better divisional record than Jacksonville, so they are the sixth and final seed.

In the NFC:
    1. Chicago 7-0
    2. NY Giants 5-2
    3. New Orleans 5-2
    4. Seattle 4-3
    5. Atlanta 5-2 (1st Wildcard)
    6. Minnesota 4-3 (2nd Wildcard)

Matchups:

Chicago and NY Giants have bye weeks.

Minnesota @ New Orleans
    Atlanta @ Seattle

Explanations:
    Chicago is undefeated and is the first seed.
    The Giants have a better NFC record than New Orleans and are the second seed.
    The Saints have the best record among remaining divisional leaders and are the third seed.
    Seattle beat St. Louis head to head and are the last division leader. They are the fourth seed.
    Atlanta has the best record among remaining non-divisional leaders and they are the fifth seed.
    Minnesota has the best NFC record among remaining 4-3 non division leaders, and are the sixth seed and final wildcard team.

Enjoy!
    Administrator

sigpic

Thanks for the research. I'm not sure who to cheer for in the Pats/Indy game. If the Colts win, Denvers back in the 2 seed, but I hate Manning and the Colts, and I actually like the Patriots. So........... GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Comment

You would want the Broncos chance at the number 2 seed sacrificed so you can see a player and team you hate lose?

Doesn't seem like a sound statement from an alleged Broncos fan. If you are indeed a fan of the Orange and Blue, you need to be rooting for Indianapolis, no matter how hard it may be.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
        Thanks for the research. I'm not sure who to cheer for in the Pats/Indy game. If the Colts win, Denvers back in the 2 seed, but I hate Manning and the Colts, and I actually like the Patriots. So........... GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
        And when Pittsburgh beats us we will still be third if not the fourth seed! I believe that Kansas City and San Diego may win, I do believe Pittsburgh is going to win and I believe the Colts will show up and actually win...

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
          You would want the Broncos chance at the number 2 seed sacrificed so you can see a player and team you hate lose?

Doesn't seem like a sound statement from an alleged Broncos fan. If you are indeed a fan of the Orange and Blue, you need to be rooting for Indianapolis, no matter how hard it may be.
          First of all, I don't need to justify to anyone who, and when I cheer for a team. And I've been here longer than you, so maybe your the "alleged Broncos fan". Even if I pull for Patriots, doesn't make me less of a Broncos fan. Now if it was the last game of the season, and Denvers chances weighed upon this game, I'd pull for whomever would help the Broncos. But theres still 1/2 the season left to play, and if someones gonna beat the Colts, I want it to be the Patriots.

Comment

Let me ask you something lacane, and please don't feel like I'm trying to be argumentative, because I share many of your views on these boards...

But why exactly do you think Denver's going to lose that many games, and this week's game against Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh is in a position with almost nothing but pride to play for. Denver has a lot to lose if they don't win this game. Yes, Pittsburgh is better than their record indicates to some degree. But in those losses, the Steelers have looked bad. If Denver gets up on them, runs the ball effectively, and causes turnovers, I don't see how they could lose this game. I mean, Oakland only gained 96 yards - 96! Yet, they still managed to lose the game. And they made Michael Vick look like Peyton Manning just two weeks ago.

The bottom line is we have to win this game, even more so than Pittsburgh, who is all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at this point. I can't imagine us losing this game, and if we do, I honestly don't have any remaining hope left for this season.
            sigpic

Comment

If Colts beat the Commy Pats we would have the 2nd seed back. We would defenetly beat the Bengals if we have to face them.
              XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

LOL!!!

So because you've been registered on a free internet message board for two years longer than me makes you a better or more true Broncos fan? Please! I've been a Broncos fan I'm sure for a lot longer than you, and I would almost bet that I'm older than you are, based on your statement. Any fan that would rather have their team lose playoff positioning so that a team they dislike loses is not a good or smart fan, in my opinion. The #2 seed is crucial for the Broncos, who had their bye week very early in the season and wouldn't be good on the road playing playing the top teams in the conference.
                sigpic

Comment

Let me ask you something lacane, and please don't feel like I'm trying to be argumentative, because I share many of your views on these boards...

But why exactly do you think Denver's going to lose that many games, and this week's game against Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh is in a position with almost nothing but pride to play for. Denver has a lot to lose if they don't win this game. Yes, Pittsburgh is better than their record indicates to some degree. But in those losses, the Steelers have looked bad. If Denver gets up on them, runs the ball effectively, and causes turnovers, I don't see how they could lose this game. I mean, Oakland only gained 96 yards - 96! Yet, they still managed to lose the game. And they made Michael Vick look like Peyton Manning just two weeks ago.

The bottom line is we have to win this game, even more so than Pittsburgh, who is all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at this point. I can't imagine us losing this game, and if we do, I honestly don't have any remaining hope left for this season.
                  Logically those teams that play for pride or have their backs against the wall are the teams that play the hardest, and Pittsburgh's defense is ten-fold what Indianapolis' is. They know how to beat us more then many other teams, they like the Colts are one of those teams you never count out against us, which is something I have to laugh about because how many on these boards are doing it. Plummer has only shown up for two games, only two the rest are just trash...so which will show, he has not proven nor has this offense that they can compete against tough top defenses.

As for your Manning/Vick statement, the Falcons are a tough team and have played well all year, so has Vick...he is not great but he showed up, similar to Plummer with Manning this past Sunday, Plummer is not great and he showed up and played a good game, difference is that Big Ben got hurt and if not Pittsburgh would have won, Plummer played hard and still lost, all it was was a good game that came down to the line.

We may have to win this game in your eyes, I just do not believe we will...and I hopefully am wrong. But if you remember last year, they destroyed us, they still know how to and we are unsure if our offense or defense will show or neither.

Oops...you asked why I thought we were going to loose that many games, sorry. I believe we are not as good as we have looked, fact is that many on this team (the locker room that is) are looking to each other and do not have the answers...the so called leaders are stunned and going through their woes on and off the field, IMHO. We have shown that we are not complete as a team, that on any given day one unit may not show, Plummer is a game manager and not a carry the team type quarterback, like Manning or Brady and a few others. And teams want us...teams want to play us, not one team is worried about playing us, not even the New England fans, that should say where our stock is, we have proven we are more then vunerable...and you never asked who I thought we would loose to, and the answer...let's just say we will split with San Diego!

Last edited by lancane; 11-01-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

So if we lose to Pittbsurgh, how do you see the rest of our season panning out?
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL!!!

So because you've been registered on a free internet message board for two years longer than me makes you a better or more true Broncos fan? Please! I've been a Broncos fan I'm sure for a lot longer than you, and I would almost bet that I'm older than you are, based on your statement. Any fan that would rather have their team lose playoff positioning so that a team they dislike loses is not a good or smart fan, in my opinion. The #2 seed is crucial for the Broncos, who had their bye week very early in the season and wouldn't be good on the road playing playing the top teams in the conference.
                      I didn't say it made me a "more true Broncos fan" to be on the board longer. You called me an alleged Broncos fan. I'm countering that with I've been on this board longer, and others would back me up that I AM A BRONCOS FAN, not an alleged fan. Also, I believe Patriots are a mental block for Manning, if he wins there, that mental block may be gone, and Manning could run the table. If Patriots win, that mental block is still there. Also, to say I'm not a "good or smart fan" is childish, I know the implications of the game, I played it for years, and now my 10 year old son has played it for two years. I'll cheer for whomever I want to cheer for, even if the Patriots win, I believe Denver will be the number 2 seed at the end of the year, and if they're not, I'll get to cheer for Denver in the wild card. What's gonna happen is gonna happen, regardless of who I cheer for.

Comment

So if we lose to Pittbsurgh, how do you see the rest of our season panning out?
                        I think we are going to go through the woes that plagued us before last season, I expect us to have a winning record and be 9-6 when we face San Francisco. And yes if lucky we may get a Wild Card, this again is only my opinion. But I would not be surprised for us not to be in the playoffs this year...which sucks.

Comment

I never stated you were an alleged fan. I stated that what you said doesn't sound like something an alleged fan would say. You read far more into that than what I was implying, and it wasn't a direct attack on you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                            I think we are going to go through the woes that plagued us before last season, I expect us to have a winning record and be 9-6 when we face San Francisco. And yes if lucky we may get a Wild Card, this again is only my opinion. But I would not be surprised for us not to be in the playoffs this year...which sucks.
                            No offense, but I hope you're wrong ...
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't see anything wrong in cadencesdad's post about the Colts and the Pats at all. If it came down to that, a lot of people (including me) would find themselves in a dilemma. Be the second seed or watch the Colts lose.... it's a tough one.
                              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Working...
                              X