Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the season ended today... (After week 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSBRONCS
    replied
    heres to a strong playoff run!!!

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Originally posted by raylewis52
    that woud be the only way the broncos would make the playoffs! not trashing you but the chargers are the better team with k.c coming on strong!

Right...clearly the Chargers are better.

How could we have been so foolish.

Leave a comment:

• raylewis52
    replied
    if the season ended today!

that woud be the only way the broncos would make the playoffs! not trashing you but the chargers are the better team with k.c coming on strong!

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Please try to keep this on topic

Leave a comment:

• Astrass
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad
    Thanks for the research. I'm not sure who to cheer for in the Pats/Indy game. If the Colts win, Denvers back in the 2 seed, but I hate Manning and the Colts, and I actually like the Patriots. So........... GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Pats to lose every time....I don't care who they play. I'd even cheer the raiders on (unless it effected our standings.)

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730
    I like the Patriots far more than the Colts, naturally, but only because I'm confident whenever we play the Patriots. Recent history indicates that we have the Patriots' number. In any other circumstance, I would want the Patriots to win.

However, look at this imaginary scenario. Let's say the Broncos and Patriots had the exact same record heading into the last game of the season, but let's say the Patriots had the tie-breaker that would give them homefield advantage for the playoffs. Let's say the Broncos won their final game, and the Patriots were facing the Raiders in their final game. Would you still root for the Patriots just because you hate the Raiders, or would you put that aside for the benefit of the Broncos and want the Raiders to win? Naturally who we root for ultimately has no bearing on the outcome of the game. But would you really want to see the Patriots win at the cost of homefield adavantage throughout the playoffs?
    Absolutely, I'd vote for whomever would benefit the Broncos. But at this still fairly early stage of the season, I really believe the Patriots can win, and Denver can still have the #2 seed.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I like the Patriots far more than the Colts, naturally, but only because I'm confident whenever we play the Patriots. Recent history indicates that we have the Patriots' number. In any other circumstance, I would want the Patriots to win.

However, look at this imaginary scenario. Let's say the Broncos and Patriots had the exact same record heading into the last game of the season, but let's say the Patriots had the tie-breaker that would give them homefield advantage for the playoffs. Let's say the Broncos won their final game, and the Patriots were facing the Raiders in their final game. Would you still root for the Patriots just because you hate the Raiders, or would you put that aside for the benefit of the Broncos and want the Raiders to win? Naturally who we root for ultimately has no bearing on the outcome of the game. But would you really want to see the Patriots win at the cost of homefield adavantage throughout the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    That's just...crazy to me! I'm sorry. I'm not attempting to attack anyone's opinions. I hate the Colts as much as anyone (probably more so because my best friend back in high school was a Colts fan), but when it comes to playoff implications and the Broncos' seeding, this week, I'm a Colts fan. It sucks. I hate it. And if they lose, then at least they lost, and it'll make the blow a lot easier. But for this week for my Denver Broncos, I have to want the Colts to win. Denver will not be a good team on the road if we're a wild card and have to play at least 2 away games to get to the Super Bowl.
    Ok, maybe I did read to far into it, It seemed to me, you were calling me an "alleged fan". So, let me ask you this, who do you dislike more, the Colts, or the Patriots? If the Broncos for whatever reason, can't win the superbowl this year, I'll vote for anyone EXCEPT the Colts. If the Patriots win this weekend, I'm happy the Colts lost. If the Colts win, I'm happy the Broncos are in the #2 seed, assuming they win vs Pittsburgh. Assuming all teams were 0-0, nobody would question who I wanted to win, theres still alot of football to be played, and anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by RBDynasty
    I don't see anything wrong in cadencesdad's post about the Colts and the Pats at all. If it came down to that, a lot of people (including me) would find themselves in a dilemma. Be the second seed or watch the Colts lose.... it's a tough one.
    That's just...crazy to me! I'm sorry. I'm not attempting to attack anyone's opinions. I hate the Colts as much as anyone (probably more so because my best friend back in high school was a Colts fan), but when it comes to playoff implications and the Broncos' seeding, this week, I'm a Colts fan. It sucks. I hate it. And if they lose, then at least they lost, and it'll make the blow a lot easier. But for this week for my Denver Broncos, I have to want the Colts to win. Denver will not be a good team on the road if we're a wild card and have to play at least 2 away games to get to the Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    You would want the Broncos chance at the number 2 seed sacrificed so you can see a player and team you hate lose?

Doesn't seem like a sound statement from an alleged Broncos fan. If you are indeed a fan of the Orange and Blue, you need to be rooting for Indianapolis, no matter how hard it may be.
    I don't see anything wrong in cadencesdad's post about the Colts and the Pats at all. If it came down to that, a lot of people (including me) would find themselves in a dilemma. Be the second seed or watch the Colts lose.... it's a tough one.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane
    I think we are going to go through the woes that plagued us before last season, I expect us to have a winning record and be 9-6 when we face San Francisco. And yes if lucky we may get a Wild Card, this again is only my opinion. But I would not be surprised for us not to be in the playoffs this year...which sucks.
    No offense, but I hope you're wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I never stated you were an alleged fan. I stated that what you said doesn't sound like something an alleged fan would say. You read far more into that than what I was implying, and it wasn't a direct attack on you.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    So if we lose to Pittbsurgh, how do you see the rest of our season panning out?
    I think we are going to go through the woes that plagued us before last season, I expect us to have a winning record and be 9-6 when we face San Francisco. And yes if lucky we may get a Wild Card, this again is only my opinion. But I would not be surprised for us not to be in the playoffs this year...which sucks.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    LOL!!!

So because you've been registered on a free internet message board for two years longer than me makes you a better or more true Broncos fan? Please! I've been a Broncos fan I'm sure for a lot longer than you, and I would almost bet that I'm older than you are, based on your statement. Any fan that would rather have their team lose playoff positioning so that a team they dislike loses is not a good or smart fan, in my opinion. The #2 seed is crucial for the Broncos, who had their bye week very early in the season and wouldn't be good on the road playing playing the top teams in the conference.
    I didn't say it made me a "more true Broncos fan" to be on the board longer. You called me an alleged Broncos fan. I'm countering that with I've been on this board longer, and others would back me up that I AM A BRONCOS FAN, not an alleged fan. Also, I believe Patriots are a mental block for Manning, if he wins there, that mental block may be gone, and Manning could run the table. If Patriots win, that mental block is still there. Also, to say I'm not a "good or smart fan" is childish, I know the implications of the game, I played it for years, and now my 10 year old son has played it for two years. I'll cheer for whomever I want to cheer for, even if the Patriots win, I believe Denver will be the number 2 seed at the end of the year, and if they're not, I'll get to cheer for Denver in the wild card. What's gonna happen is gonna happen, regardless of who I cheer for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X