What If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If...

What if we ended up going 12-4? That'd be very nice. And it isn't that far from being possible. I think the only threats we have are KC and Indy. I think we can beat the Packers, although they are tough in their own house.

The Bears, Raiders and Browns should be 3 easy wins for us. I really think we can beat the Chiefs too. We only lost by 1 point last time and well, I don't think they'll beat us at home, especially now that we know it's possible to beat them. They got beat by the Bengals, we slaughtered the Bengals. So. Let's bring it.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Re: What If...

Originally posted by RealBronco
    What if we ended up going 12-4? That'd be very nice. And it isn't that far from being possible. I think the only threats we have are KC and Indy. I think we can beat the Packers, although they are tough in their own house.

The Bears, Raiders and Browns should be 3 easy wins for us. I really think we can beat the Chiefs too. We only lost by 1 point last time and well, I don't think they'll beat us at home, especially now that we know it's possible to beat them. They got beat by the Bengals, we slaughtered the Bengals. So. Let's bring it.
    Let's be realistic here. The odds of the Broncos winning 7 in a row are not good. And for the same reason as the Chiefs not going undefeated: On any given Sunday...

Don't forget that the Lions of all teams were in danger of winning in Mile High even with Jake at QB. Focus is hard to maintain in the NFL for long stretches of time. There are upsets every week where the better team loses.

I think if Denver plays up to their abilities they could win every game on their schedule. But I don't think they will win them all. They just better win the ones that matter.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Well, I believe they'll at least come out 9-7, and very realistically 10-6. But it would be nice to see a 12-4. They are capable of it, but as you say: Any Given Sunday. We shall just have to see what happens.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

10 - 6 would be a GREAT season considering all the injuries and pot smoking!
        Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Not to burst anyones bubble here, but I really do think the chances of winning out our remaining schedule is slim to none. I agree with the assesment of the Chicago, Raiders, and Browns outcome. That being said, I don't want to come close to making the same mistake the Chiefs did this week. Over confidence killed them in that game. Make no mistake though... they will be pumped when they come to our house. We'll need a near flawless game to put them in their place.

As for Indy and GB, I worry more about GB at home than I do Indy. Manning and Co are hurting with a very weak defense ( imho ). As I've said in a few previous threads, we'll win this game if we can keep up the rushing game and reinforce it with play action. GB is just damn tough to beat at home. Dependant on what kind of a day Brett is having, we could be in for a hurt.

As for Dec 7.... well, this will be my personal SB this year. (Obviously, if we get to the big game, this is a moot point :p). I don't want to just beat KC fairly.... I want to dominate them. No offense to the Chief fans here. I'm still a bit miffed about the outcome of our first battle.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

not quite new, but....

hey, they finally made it!!!

how yall doin? bronco fan for 13 years here (since I was 3)
            how come so few n00bs have posted? cmon people, POST!!!

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

im new and havent been here before but i would figure that this forum would be the easiest to raise your post numbers. in fact thats why im here now.
              sigpic

Comment

i hope and wish that the broncos do go 12-4.
                sigpic

Comment

12-4 is a real possibility. You've got to believe!!! Indy's 24th ranked rush defense is their Achilles heal. I won't even talk about KC's 25th ranked rush defense, but I will say this. If you can't stop the run you won't go far.
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Winning out is about as likely as the Chiefs having gone undefeated. Lets shoot for 11-5, maybe 10-6. Get the wild card spot. With a finish like that you know this team will be peaking in time to roll in the playoffs.

Meanwhile we will see KC burn out from their early run. It's a lot of work for them to keep the emotion up for the entire 16 games plus playoffs. We've already had our emotional and physical breakdown.
                    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
                      so have the chiefs
                      I'm not talking about Vermiel's History HF
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: What If...

Remember!!! It actually snows allot in Chicago and Green Bay. Yah we get snow in D too but they live in it. We can definitely win, but it's a real even the odds thing! Got to want it without feeling it!!!

12-4 would be awesome!!
                        This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: What If...

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                          Remember!!! It actually snows allot in Chicago and Green Bay. Yah we get snow in D too but they live in it. We can definitely win, but it's a real even the odds thing! Got to want it without feeling it!!!

12-4 would be awesome!!
                          Kinda funny hearin someone in Florida talkin about dealing with the snow. Its not the snow brother, its that nasty wind off the lakes. Anybody can deal with snow, but a good windchill cuts ya right in half. That's where the pack has the advantage.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: What If...

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Let's be realistic here. The odds of the Broncos winning 7 in a row are not good. And for the same reason as the Chiefs not going undefeated: On any given Sunday...

Don't forget that the Lions of all teams were in danger of winning in Mile High even with Jake at QB. Focus is hard to maintain in the NFL for long stretches of time. There are upsets every week where the better team loses.

I think if Denver plays up to their abilities they could win every game on their schedule. But I don't think they will win them all. They just better win the ones that matter.
                            Which games don't matter? They all do at this point. I agree that Denver going on a 7 game win streak is highly unlikely. However if they finish 12-4 or even 11-5 more than likely they are in the playoffs. If they finish 10-6 they probably need help getting in. The most important thing is for them to remain focused one opponent at a time.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Well, I believe they'll at least come out 9-7, and very realistically 10-6. But it would be nice to see a 12-4. They are capable of it, but as you say: Any Given Sunday. We shall just have to see what happens.
                              you left out 11-5 which is a distinct possibility, and the one i feel gives us the best chance in the playoffs. we win the next 4 before hitting the road at indy and gb. lose to indy, refocus, beat green bay and off to the revenge tour. we would have the possibility of getting revenge to indy,kc,new england,and baltimore. (obviously not all 4 but we'd probably play 2 or 3 of them to go to the superbowl)
                              think about it. the only team that would be in the playoffs we wouldnt have already lost to is tennessee. now thats a revenge tour.

jake

ps- even if baltimore doesnt win the division we'd have the other three to exact revenge on. i look forward to the possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X