No announcement yet.

Coyer Needs To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be sad at all if Coyer was fired, to be quite honest if we get a better coach to coach here than you would know who I would support.

Comment

Originally posted by ignitionnight
      deleted for attack on person, not post
      He did nothing wrong thank you and goodnight.
      Last edited by Jared; 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
        You read it all?????? Cp for you - I couldn't get past the first couple of sentences before my head started hurting.

To legend: PLEASE NO MORE CAPS! :brick:

It wasn't easy. I try to give everyone a chance. Too bad it wasn't worth reading. :brick:

Comment

I see many of you that posted after me didnt read what I posted. I posted exactly why I dont like coyer and all were legit reasons. Your basing your opinion on the abilities of the players and not the scheme. Speaking of scheme I think coyer only has 4-5 schemes and if none of them work then we're screwed.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I agree with the notion that Coyer did a poor job against Indianapolis. I felt his defensive scheme while effective in the first half proved to be stagnant in the second. That stemmed from our LB's playing 8 yards off the LOS, the lack of almost any type of blitz packages, and a few missed assignments by players. Not to mention a complete lack of shallow coverage because no player wanted to give up the big play, which is obviously what they practiced for. Basically it was far to conservative. That being said, I think Coyer has done an excellent job thus far this season. Indianapolis is one of the most difficult teams to attack defensively because they have the line to give great protection to Manning, and the WR who can make big things happen if you go man-to-man to often. What you need to have is huge individual efforts, and unfortuantely, our DL was called to the task and didn't prove themselves able. None the less, you can't write off a guy just because of one bad game. He made a bad decision in the second half to play conservatively instead of mixing it up, but as always hindsight is 20/20. I remember reading more then a few posts last week about how great our line was doing becuase of the sacks we produced against the raiders and browns, and now everyone is ready to draft an entirely new line. Should those fans that called it wrong be banned from Invesco field from now on? Imagine if we applied this logic to every day type of stuff...... That guy spilled my coffee while he was making it... Fired. Our stocks dropped 2 points today CEO so guess what... Your Fired. You know george, even though your our best worker, today you just didnt get much done, so your Fired. Or for you young ones out there, Oh, hmmm, I see you didn't turn in your assignment today, give this little bastard an F. I just can't agree with that logic. No offense intended, truthfully.
            sigpic
            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

my biggest problem with larry coyer is he do not make game adjustments...............i didnt see or hear the game but from what heard from the guys on espn larry coyer didnt blitz peyton manning at all........how come larry coyer would blitz a steelers team almost every down but not peyton manning......i am not sayin blitz him every down but come on.........atleast try to put sum pressure on peyton manning..........i was dumb founded when i saw the highlights on espn that nobody didnt help darrent williams on reggie wayne come on...........this is the same thing they did a few years ago against roc alexander.........it is like larry coyer expects a 2 year player to cover reggie wayne all day..............why not look at the tape on how new england defends the colts recievers.........why not run a 3-4 here and there to catch the colts off guard or sumthin i know we dont have the personnel to run a 3-4 but atleast try sumthin different instead of running the same defense most of the game it makes no sense what so ever.......larry coyer need to either change his play callin whenever we play them again or he should be fired, it makes no sense that sumone cant make halftime adjustments..................
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Coyer needs to stay. He did awesome during the first six weeks. My concern was defending the short passing game. I know he didn't want to give up a big play, but if they drive down the field using short passes, then its just like giving up a big play, only it took longer.

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=74863

Check that out. I think it explains exactly why we lost to Indianapolis.

Coyer and Shanahan simply didn't adjust in the second half. It falls on them that we lost the football game, indeed. However, you want to fire a defensive coordinator who's defense was only giving up 7 points a game going into the game? That's ridiculous. We failed against the Colts, and unless we change our scheme when we play them, we'll continue to lose to the Colts. But Coyer is a great defensive coach, and the players love playing for him. Firing him just because of one game is ridiculous.

The only way I see Coyer getting fired is if the Broncos switch to a 3-4 at some point. Since I don't see that happening, I would expect Coyer to stick around for a while.
                  sigpic

Comment

Firing him just because of one game is ridiculous
                    haha no its not just one game. Try every time we've played the colts. Try the championship game last year. He does not know how to switch schemes during a game and it has always been that way.
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Just a couple of weeks ago, werent we all for coyer saying he was doing an awesome job.

Well one game later and people want him fired. That is just wrong. We should all be behind our team and its coaches 100% of the way. I still think Coyer is doing an awesome job. We have only allowed 5 touchdowns all season. that is really good. Even the great bears defense hasnt allowed only 5 touchdowns all season. Here is to you coyer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                        haha no its not just one game. Try every time we've played the colts. Try the championship game last year. He does not know how to switch schemes during a game and it has always been that way.
                        So it wasn't the three turnovers by the offense, two of which went for touchdowns (and amazingly enough, the Broncos lost by two touchdowns) that had anything to do with us losing the championship game last season? Is that what you're trying to say?
                        sigpic

Comment

Dont throw Coyer under the bus just yet. 5 TOUCHDOWNS
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
                            So it wasn't the three turnovers by the offense, two of which went for touchdowns (and amazingly enough, the Broncos lost by two touchdowns) that had anything to do with us losing the championship game last season? Is that what you're trying to say?
                            I am only talking about coyer and his schemes. How many 3rd down conversions did we give up that game and why were they given up? Because pitt figured his blitzes and they were running soft routes. Coyer had our db's lining up 5-8 yards off the wr's every down.

I have never said coyer is doing a good job. Like I have said multiple other times, I believe the success is due more to the d's athletic ability and intelligence than coyer's schemes.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict
                              I guess anything less the 16-0 with a superbowl win blowing out every team 49-3 every game is considered a failure?!?!.
                              You're much too forgiving, IMHO - what makes you think people wouldn't complain about the 3 points allowed every week? :hammer:

Originally posted by ignitionnight
                              deleted
                              Was the personal attack ("shut up man, why are you here?") really necessary? Was it because you could not attack his argument with facts that you felt the need to resort to this?
                              Last edited by Jared; 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Coyers has had his chances with high power offenses

I've heard that Bill Cowher might be a gonner.

If that's true Denver should hire him to be DC

He knows how to beat the Colts :clap:

He would bring an agressive style of D with him

Comment

Working...
                                X