No announcement yet.

Coyer Needs To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he needs to go I just think he needs to stop taking bribe money and selling out the team :nono: which is the only explanation for last Sundays game play by the defense who by the way did not get allowed to rush Manning all but 1 play the whole game.

He doesn’t need to go he needs to stop the slush account in Switzerland. :nono:

Comment

I think some of you need to keep some perspective here...

Indy has lost a total of 6 games in 3 and a half seasons (not including playoffs, of course). 6 games. That's it. They could have gone undefeated if they truly wanted to last season, but once they got the playoff positioning locked up, they lost their edge (much like the 1996 Denver Broncos), and the death of Tony Dungy's son I think devastated the team more than anyone thought.

What does this tell you? It tells you that there are obviously SEVERAL teams that don't have an answer for the Colts. Yes, they struggle with 3-4 defenses. But consistently, only one team has given the Colts any problems, and that's the Patriots. Other than that, the Colts have dominated teams in the regular season. The fact that the Broncos were able to hang with the Colts for the entire game and nearly win it says a lot about where this team has come. Do any of you all remember those playoff losses? We were embarrassed in those games. Yes, losing to the Colts on Sunday was dejecting. But you have to look at how far we've come, and how good the Colts have been consistently over the past three seasons before throwing in the towel and wanting to cut and/or fire everyone. We should really be proud of what we did. If we play the Colts again, we know exactly what they're going to do, and we should be able to game plan for it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
        I think some of you need to keep some perspective here...

Indy has lost a total of 6 games in 3 and a half seasons (not including playoffs, of course). 6 games. That's it. They could have gone undefeated if they truly wanted to last season, but once they got the playoff positioning locked up, they lost their edge (much like the 1996 Denver Broncos), and the death of Tony Dungy's son I think devastated the team more than anyone thought.

What does this tell you? It tells you that there are obviously SEVERAL teams that don't have an answer for the Colts. Yes, they struggle with 3-4 defenses. But consistently, only one team has given the Colts any problems, and that's the Patriots. Other than that, the Colts have dominated teams in the regular season. The fact that the Broncos were able to hang with the Colts for the entire game and nearly win it says a lot about where this team has come. Do any of you all remember those playoff losses? We were embarrassed in those games. Yes, losing to the Colts on Sunday was dejecting. But you have to look at how far we've come, and how good the Colts have been consistently over the past three seasons before throwing in the towel and wanting to cut and/or fire everyone. We should really be proud of what we did. If we play the Colts again, we know exactly what they're going to do, and we should be able to game plan for it.
        The game was close as most of their defensive players were injured..
        They don't Stokley also.

I felt that this is the best chance to win.

It is frustrating to see manning having 5-6 seconds....
        Added to that..Coyer didn't change anything to pressure Manning.
        He just used the same approach and was waiting for manning to make mistakes..

Manning is not stupid like other QB'S(walter, mcnair)..
        He didn't throw to champ side and was happy giving ball to Wayne..

I don't have any problem in loosing..
        I am unhappy with the way we didn't pressure Manning.

Over to that..Coyer is not taking blame..
        I feel that he respects/afraid of Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by ECBronco
          I'm confused why the Broncos wouldn't try to be more aggressive, at least on a few drives. Isn't that what worked for Pittsburgh and NE?

What works for Pittsburgh is that their Dline is pretty good WITHOUT extra pressure. Then when you throw more in, their line was too occupied with their regular duties. The blitzes will work then. You saw how ineffective ANY of our "pressure" packages were against Pitt last year. Rush 4, add 1, 2, 3, blitzers, bring'm all... It's just a difference in personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
            He did nothing wrong thank you and goodnight.
            I know. At least one person understands sarcasm. I was actually banned because the mods don't understand sarcasm.
            Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
            Was the personal attack ("shut up man, why are you here?") really necessary? Was it because you could not attack his argument with facts that you felt the need to resort to this?
            I was being sarcastic. Geez man. Did anybody read the rest of my post or did they stop at that? I said we didn't want him here because he used logic and critical thinking skills.

If the reader has a junior high level education they would realize that I was commenting on how people here don't use logic or critical thinking skills.

Comment

Coyer needs to find an answer for the no huddle. We have killer talent on D but I haven't really seen much of a scheme. Looks like we just line up in a base zone coverage and let things do. That works for about 1 quarter then the other team figures it out and sits back and kills us. The evidence of this is last week and now the second quarter here. We are only winning because of some lucky fumbles.

So far the only play I give to Coyer was the Champ INT. That was pressure by the D that caused that throw. Otherwise we are just getting eaten alive.
              No Blood No Foul

Comment

Working...
              X