No announcement yet.

Mike Shanahan on ESPN radio... in just a few minutes... on the Dan patrick show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shanahan on ESPN radio... in just a few minutes... on the Dan patrick show

Its now nearly 2pm Central time.... and Mike Shanahan is going to be on the Dan Patrick show, on ESPN Radio in just a few minutes

Thanks for the info. I hope I didn't miss it.
    President Cool

Comment

Well, what did he say? I, unfortunately, "work" for a living and couldn't hear it.
      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Well, in a nutshell.
        1. Not influenced by pressure of outside sources or Pat Bowlen.
        2. Open to Change if it is for the better of the team (Offensive Staff must colab. and disc.)
        3. Would love to have either Peyton or Tom.
        4. Tom is a bit more difficult to prepare for than Peyton.

I think thats pretty much it. Did I miss anything????
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
          Well, in a nutshell.
          2. Open to Change if it is for the better of the team (Offensive Staff must colab. and disc.)

In a round about way he danced around the questions again...a new trend for Shanahan! - That while he understands the emotions of the fans and press and their views they will hinder little in factoring who he plays. Bowlen whom has likely addressed the issues with him and seemingly put some pressure on him, just by his wording, he has been left with the final say so. He has been thinking about changing it (without admitting it) to changing the offense, switching it up if and only if it is better for the team, the offensive staff and him will likely look into it depending on the upcoming game(s). - He would take Peyton or Tom in a heartbeat over Plummer (Who Wouldn't!) and that though they are both great quarterbacks Brady is a bit more difficult to prepare to play against, which I find funny since Peyton is the one kicking our butts most the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
            Well, in a nutshell.

If he had to choose between Peyton and Brady.. he would love to have either. He said he's had the priveledge to work with some really great QBs... Elway, Young, Montana... and that he knows the value of having that kind of QB on the team. Said when you find a guy like that, you stick with him and ride that horse for as long as you can.

Comment

Brady's harder to prepare for?

I don't get that.

Oh well.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                they are both great quarterbacks Brady is a bit more difficult to prepare to play against, which I find funny since Peyton is the one kicking our butts most the time.
                But he said the reasons that its harder to prepare for Brady is because of their offensive set up. One game they may have 3 Wrs, the next you may have 2 RBs and 3 TEs... you just don't know. IN Indy, you know what you are getting. Unfortunatly... we just haven't been able to match up against that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  But he said the reasons that its harder to prepare for Brady is because of their offensive set up. One game they may have 3 Wrs, the next you may have 2 RBs and 3 TEs... you just don't know. IN Indy, you know what you are getting. Unfortunatly... we just haven't been able to match up against that.
                  I guess the Broncos are REALLY in trouble if NE's offensive set up ever mimics the Colts.
                  "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

If we got Manning, we would INSTANTLY have to revamp our line. Given the choice, I go for Brady, cause he can run. Doesn't have the escapability that Jake has, but if Manning gets sacked by teams that have a real pass rush against the COLTS' line, how would he stack up with our guys? We darn sure can't hold anybody out to give him that kind of time. Brady can escape pressure SO much better, plus he's won just a few more playoff games than Peyton has.
                    Maybe this would change, but Brady's way too cocky and whiny to suit my interest. Given the choice, I'd rather bring Cutler along, and have him be here his whole LONG career.

Comment

Wow...

In a round about, subtle way, he all but threw Jake Plummer under the bus.

Granted, he didn't flat out say that Plummer sucked. But to state that he'd 'love' to have Brady or Manning? That's not like him. He normally would state the politically correct statement of 'well those are great quarterbacks, but we're happy with our personnel, and Jake's done a great job here'.

If that wasn't a sure sign that Jake is all but gone by season's end (if not sooner), I don't know what is.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's trying to light the fire under Jake the same way he got it done with TBell. Before this gets missed, it's a shame you would have to light a fire under ANY NFL player... But if Shanny throws anything under the bus, it should be his tendency to not do enough about our pass rush. Jake played well enough to win (actually looked pretty good) had our defense been able to hold up with any modicum of success.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
                          Wow...

Granted, he didn't flat out say that Plummer sucked. But to state that he'd 'love' to have Brady or Manning? That's not like him. He normally would state the politically correct statement of 'well those are great quarterbacks, but we're happy with our personnel, and Jake's done a great job here'.

If that wasn't a sure sign that Jake is all but gone by season's end (if not sooner), I don't know what is.

That must mean that Cutler isn't in his plans either. He only has eyes for Brady or Manning, according to your logic!

You COULD be reading too much into it..........Maybe!

And if you needed to do that to know Plummer is gone next year then you may want to pay closer attention to the more overt clues!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
                            Wow...

Actually.. when he was talking about coaching and being around some great QBs .. and then mentioning that some QBs just have that "it".. and you know when they have 'it'.. and know when they don't (never mentioning Jake's name).... that was a bigger jab than saying he wouldl ove to have Brady or Manning.

I think all coaches would make the comment that they would love to have either one of them considering how great they have proved to be.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                              In a round about way he danced around the questions again...a new trend for Shanahan! - That while he understands the emotions of the fans and press and their views they will hinder little in factoring who he plays. Bowlen whom has likely addressed the issues with him and seemingly put some pressure on him, just by his wording, he has been left with the final say so. He has been thinking about changing it (without admitting it) to changing the offense, switching it up if and only if it is better for the team, the offensive staff and him will likely look into it depending on the upcoming game(s). - He would take Peyton or Tom in a heartbeat over Plummer (Who Wouldn't!) and that though they are both great quarterbacks Brady is a bit more difficult to prepare to play against, which I find funny since Peyton is the one kicking our butts most the time.
                              I was thinking that exact same thing. I wonder why Brady is harder to prepare for yet Manning is the one who is always handing the Broncos a Loss?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X