Comeback Player of the Year: Javon Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comeback Player of the Year: Javon Walker

Outside Walker, who are any other candidates who would be up for this award? To me, I guess I'm biased, it's not even close.

Originally posted by Dream
    Outside Walker, who are any other candidates who would be up for this award? To me, I guess I'm biased, it's not even close.
    Daunte Culpepper.
    sigpic

Comment

Hm, i cant think of any other players that were hurt all of last year...

Maybe Rodney Harrison
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Chad Pennington is having an ok year... off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else though.
        ‘’It’s very easy to take snaps: Just open your hands and wait for the ball, and then you close your hands.'’

– Chicago area fifth-grader Jimmy Smolik, age 10, providing some advice to Rex Grossman

Comment

Drew Brees.

Injured in the offseason, comes back and lifts the Saints back into glory again.

Especially them being, "America's team," I could see it happening.

If Palmer takes the Bungles to the playoffs again, he could be a possibility.

McNabb

Hell he looked like the MVP early on, and if he gets a healthy Stallworth back he will look even better. Injured last season as the Eagles plummeted and him leading the comeback.

Just a few other possibilties.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

McNabb, right now he seems to be the only contendor...
            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I'm not sure what the stipulations of the award are, but Brees was hurt way late in the season and McNabb was just playing off and on. I think that Walker and Palmer may be the only ones that truly would qualify IMHO, but I'm not sure when Palmer went down either.

Comment

I'm not sure what the stipulations of the award are, but Brees was hurt way late in the season and McNabb was just playing off and on. I think that Walker and Palmer may be the only ones that truly would qualify IMHO, but I'm not sure when Palmer went down either.
                Palmer went down in the playoffs. But i am telling you it will be Daunte Culpepper
                sigpic

Comment

Palmer had a 50-50 shot to even play again, and he came back, so he's a shot.

McNabb still has some good numbers, and he was injured in the middle last season and the Eagles completely went down.

He looked like the MVP early on and still has had ok numbers asides last week and against TB, he is still a candidate IMO.

Brees I could see as my only non-possibility likely.
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

T.O.

Comment

Agreed 100%. He's made Jake dangerous again.
                      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, and Chad Pennington all make pretty strong arguments, too.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

I can think of only a few.

Carson Palmer
                          Donovan McNabb
                          Drew Brees...Maybe but he reallly didn't have a big injury or anything. But being on the Saints can help.

But Javon is doing the best of those people, and I think and hope that Javon gets it.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I haven't seen anyone make as big of an impact this year that didn't play last year.

Maybe Jeff George. J/K
                            RIP Darrent Williams
                            You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

I haven't followed him closely this year, but Pennington would be an option. He played well the first couple games, not sure about since then.
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X