Comeback Player of the Year: Javon Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    Winslow should be comeback player of the year.

The man survived a motorcycle accident as well as an injury that ended his rookie season. Despite those challenges he comes out this year and leads all TE's in receptions and yards and is 1 TD shy of leading TE's in receptions.
    To have been the comeback player you have to have been there in the first place. Winslow never was anything before this year.

And you are wrong in saying Winslow leads all tight ends in yards. That honor goes to Tony Gonzalez who has 504 yards. Winslow is also not 1 TD out of the lead for touchdowns. Winslow has 3. Owen Daniels has 5, Todd Heap has 5, Jeremy Shockey has 5, and Alge Crumpler has 6.

Is it really that hard to check your stats before you make such a rediculous post?
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Faulk on the NFL network chose Deuce McAlister as his comeback player of the year so far
      Last edited by ckstorm182000; 11-08-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Pennington has had two surgeries on his throwing shoulder, and one on his non throwing shoulder.

He, along with Walker, are really the only two.

McNabb, to some degree as well, because he is playing at such a high level with arguably lesser talent at WR than last year, and coming off an injury.

Those are the only three I'd consider.

Brees played 95% of last year.

McAlister didn't have as bad an injury as the others, and he has a new QB and running partner to take the pressure off of him.

WInslow can't be a 'comeback' player because this is, in essense, his rookie season.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          Pennington has had two surgeries on his throwing shoulder, and one on his non throwing shoulder.

He, along with Walker, are really the only two.

McNabb, to some degree as well, because he is playing at such a high level with arguably lesser talent at WR than last year, and coming off an injury.

Those are the only three I'd consider.

Brees played 95% of last year.

McAlister didn't have as bad an injury as the others, and he has a new QB and running partner to take the pressure off of him.

WInslow can't be a 'comeback' player because this is, in essense, his rookie season.
          I agree with everything you said, except saying that Deuce McAllister's injury wasn't as bad as the others. He had the same injury as Javon (torn ACL).
          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Working...
          X