Who gets credit for Jake's turnaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    I was just poking fun at the Jake vs Jay wars. Infact none of us had anything to do with Jake getting on track. The truth is Shanny should take a large amount of the credit. He masterfully gameplanned Jake back on track.
    I understand.

I was targeting the Jake-bashers, not you.

-----

Comment

I think Shanny does for finally getting the bootlegs rolling in that game.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Jake must get credit if he gets the blame.

Comment

uhhh

Jake?

Comment

Suppose Jake keeps playing well. Who gets the credit?
            The critics who have pounded :hammer: Jake every day.

Or those that love Jake and defended his every mistake.

This is for fun, nothing more.

I say that Jake heard all the complaints and had to tighten up. Thank you MTN MAN you may have saved the season. LOL

"The Academy, my lovely girlfirend who couldn't be here tonight, the producers and especialy the cast without whom could never have made this possible. *bow, bow* Oh, the red light is flashing, guess I'm out of time."
            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

the O-line gets alot of the credit.....

they stopped a tough defense (at home) yesterday.....and protected Plummer VERY well.....

I've been saying it for so long.....lots of Jake's mistakes aren't always his fault.....

On lots of his picks I see a HUGE breakdown in protection.....

Heck his fumble last week was because of a lack of blocking.....
              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
              -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                Seeing as how Jake gets alllllll the blame when he isn't doing so well,

I would think he should get the credit when he is doing well.

Wouldn't you?

-----
                Yeah....

If only what you said were true.

In the eyes of many (including the Jakesters), it's NEVER Jake's fault when we lose.

It's always a receiver out of position, the line didn't block, the defense didn't show up, Jake didn't fumble, the WR should have knocked down the INT, etc, etc...

So, give him the credit (let's forget about Javon, along with the turnovers the defense caused) for this one if you want.

Just be ready for it being his fault when we lose the next one.

sigpic

Comment

All the credit goes to the beard.

As Jake's beard goes, so goes the broncos. As of now, the state of the beard is strong.

Comment

Probably the tight ends who stayed in for pass blocking. They gave Jake more time to make the plays that he did.
                    A long long time Bronco fan.

Comment

If everytime we lose is Jake's fault.... I say Jake does. He is the only one who can fix what he does.
                      Last edited by Thundergirl; 11-06-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I don't think people should blame the whole game on Jake. It can't just be one person carrying the entire team. Maybe Jake played an awesome game and we still lost or maybe he played horribly and we still won, either way, Jake wasn't the only person who contributed, the entire team helped determine the outcome.
                        B.Gurl 05

There's two dates in time
                        That they'll carve on your stone
                        And everyone knows what they mean
                        What's more important
                        Is the time that is known
                        In that little dash there in between
                        -Garth Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          Yeah....

In the eyes of many (including the Jakesters), it's NEVER Jake's fault when we lose.

It's always a receiver out of position, the line didn't block, the defense didn't show up, Jake didn't fumble, the WR should have knocked down the INT, etc, etc...

So, give him the credit (let's forget about Javon, along with the turnovers the defense caused) for this one if you want.

so using your definition we should NEVER lose when Cutler plays? because apparently he is THAT MUCH better?

every team loses

im far from a Jakester, but you cant pin the loss on ONE PERSON when its a TEAM GAME

and especially when Jake has a good day all the Jakehaters dont have enough guts to show up, glad to see you back MountainMan

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                            Yeah....

Why wouldn't I be ready for that? Whenever I or any other objective poster has
                            tried to analyze a loss on a team concept, you Jake-bashers have been ready to
                            jump right up and accuse us of making excuses for Jake. There has been a number
                            of us who have been willing to admit Jake had his part in it, but no, you dear
                            fellows have had to insist it was allllllllll Jake.

Now, you are saying we, or I, am giving only Jake the credit for this win, because I
                            want to give him any credit at all. I saw Champ's two interceptions, the four sacks,
                            Lynch's hits, D-Will's fumble recoveries, Javon's three TDs, including his incredible
                            72-yard TD run.

I also saw Jake's 16-27 for 227 yds, 3 TDs, and 123.5 QB rating. But then, you'd
                            like to forget that part, wouldn't you?

-----

Comment

The critics who have pounded :hammer: Jake every day.

Or those that love Jake and defended his every mistake.

This is for fun, nothing more.

I say that Jake heard all the complaints and had to tighten up. Thank you MTN MAN you may have saved the season. LOL
                              Jay Cutler is obviously the reason for Plummer's great play. I mean, Cutler is the reason for everything that goes right with the Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by broncogurl05
                                I don't think people should blame the whole game on Jake. It can't just be one person carrying the entire team. Maybe Jake played an awesome game and we still lost or maybe he played horribly and we still won, either way, Jake wasn't the only person who contributed, the entire team helped determine the outcome.
                                Jake had decent games in the 2003 and 2004 postseason games against Indy. But
                                in the years since, the Jake-bashers have been all too happy to pin the blame for
                                those losses on him. They refused the consider that the defense must have missed
                                the plane. No, when it comes to regular season, the team is 32-12, but in the
                                postseason, Jake is 1-3. That's the way they have been spinning it.

-----

Comment

Working...
                                X