Who gets credit for Jake's turnaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arapaho
    ..in fact the only threads closed are those with the anti jake (is that the correct term) team and not vice versa

I actually deleted a thread that was very pro=plummer just three days ago because the thread starter was very condescending and doing that "Anti Plummer people suck" thing.

You assertation is incorrect.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      I simply asked for people to not call other poster polarizing names. This is directly from a post admin had maube 2 weeks ago.

I did not say they could not post an opinion on Plummer's play.

Which was good, but not great, BTW.

Are you saying people are incapabale of posting any opinion without resorting to criticizing the poster they disagree with? I simply cannot believe that.

bashers...haters....antijake....projake...jakester s...what do you call us ? it is what it is...i find it difficult to believe we have to get so technical that we cannot speak freely ....there are lines drawn.....yet it for the most part remains civil....if you must then go crack down on the lumping of all bronco fans as doncos...its the same thing

i fail to see where i critisized anyone...i said i find it laughab le i didnt single out anyone did i? again it was my opinion

believe it or not ...alot of us enjoy the confrontations with the opposing sides ..it makes it fun....and yes when it comes to jake there are opposing sides...so what its not hurting anyone is it.... i enjoy a good aurgument, and really so if someone can back it up.....if anyone doesnt like it then they can go get a respite in the orange and blue shades forum where everyone agrees as they make daisy chains

i'll stay here in the real world where i expect others to sometimes not agree with me
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I actually deleted a thread that was very pro=plummer just three days ago because the thread starter was very condescending and doing that "Anti Plummer people suck" thing.

i stand corrected
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I find it hard to believe....

that this still goes on after the offenses best two games of the year.

62 points the last two weeks......Are Broncos fans so disfuntional that they can't enjoy it?

Btw, all of the above reasons should get some credit for the improvement!

Except, of course, the really stupid reasons given.

Comment

your off base ...i gave credit where i thought it was warrented...jake included

but we are called bashers,,,haters and second class fans because of our opinions...right...we all are lumped together.......but i stand pat...i can look back at every bad game and see where the ......what.....ahhh real fans who never blame jake? have blamed his struggles on everyone but jake.....now when he has a cgood game its because jake played better....my point is if the reason jake was struggling was because of the other players then by rights when ..i guess they suddenly all came together and played well ...the credit for jakes turnaround should go to these players ..and not jake because he's played good all along
            I'm not lumping you together, certain individuals are. It's those certain individuals who should get your scorn, not "pro-Jakes" who haven't even commented on the issue of how much of a fan you are or aren't (like me). I'm seeing the same things now as I did when Jake sucked, just reversed. Jake sucked, but Devoe mistimed a jump. Jake ruled, but Javon was an animal and a beast. Jake sucked, but Javon was dropping passes. Jake ruled, and Tatum Bell really opened up the running game. Jake sucked, and the offensive line was letting guys in on him all day. Jake ruled, and the O-line kept him on his feet. It's small cases few and far between that you are referring to, and grossly exaggerating as the popular, dominant opinion.

and as for your insinuateing that my post is calleing for trouble...deal with it...i have seen a lot of pro jaksters bashing our beliefs with the same type of posts yet i fail to see where you stepped in to save the day on our behalf....in fact the only threads closed are those with the anti jake (is that the correct term) team and not vice versa
            I feel to see where any one of the bigger Jake detractors who do show a tendancy to bash Jake complain about the Jake bash threads, but don't complain about "I told you so" threads about Jake doing good. Those individuals also don't do the same when the situations are reversed. What's your point? You aren't going to be complaining about any Jake-bashing threads, or have a problem with many, but I've seen you and other people who do show a tendency to bash Jake turn a blind eye to "I told you so" threads about Jake failing. It works both ways. If it suits your perspective, you won't have a problem with it. If it doesn't, you'll go in and talk about it, complain about it even.

So you think just because "pro-Jakes" bash your beliefs, you think it's right to do the same. That it justifies it? Juvenile reasoning at best. If Timmy Thompson is smoking, does it justify me to? If Jake is kicking someone's car, does it justify me to? No it doesn't. Be better than those who bash your beliefs. Don't go to their level if that's how they respond to you. You'd find there'd be less name-calling at you and bashing your beliefs, if you try to act civil to them. Believe me, I've tried it. It works. Even if they start tossing out labels, avoid it, work around it, and it will stop. Responding it is only allowing it to continue and both sides of this debate are going to do it and keep doing it until people stop and try to put a stop to it. You can only do what you want to do, of course.

Sorry for the long wait, the cable got knocked out in my area.

I'd be mad about missing MNF, then again, it's the RAIDERS. I'm not missing much.
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

this is beginning to be a joke of a board ....thanks for the freedom to talk
              Here's a CP from me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                Suppose Jake keeps playing well. Who gets the credit?
                The critics who have pounded :hammer: Jake every day.

Or those that love Jake and defended his every mistake.

This is for fun, nothing more.

I say that Jake heard all the complaints and had to tighten up. Thank you MTN MAN you may have saved the season. LOL

I say you say nothing!!
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Hey well threads that throw the SNAKE under the bus are very much alive around here. Why dont you get rid of those as well?!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                    Hey well threads that throw the SNAKE under the bus are very much alive around here. Why dont you get rid of those as well?!

It's not the criticism or praise that is the issue.

It's the posts that make snide remarks, call others names, or categrocially lump all posters into two camps in a negative fashion that are the issue.

Therefore when a person starts a thread that backs Plummer, and uses terms like "ALl you anti-plummers are idiots", then it has to go.

Just because a thread 'throws Plummer under the bus', as you put it, that is not reason enough to delete it. It has to devolve into personall attacks, or a polarizing thread where some key unacceptable phrases are used.

EDIT: I find it odd that persons who support Plummer and those who don't both seem to think I am favoring the opposing viewpoint.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                      Suppose Jake keeps playing well. Who gets the credit?
                      The critics who have pounded :hammer: Jake every day.

Or those that love Jake and defended his every mistake.

This is for fun, nothing more.

I say that Jake heard all the complaints and had to tighten up. Thank you MTN MAN you may have saved the season. LOL

Um......Jake Plummer???

Comment

It's the posts that make snide remarks, call others names, or categrocially lump all posters into two camps in a negative fashion that are the issue.

Therefore when a person starts a thread that backs Plummer, and uses terms like "ALl you anti-plummers are idiots", then it has to go.

Just because a thread 'throws Plummer under the bus', as you put it, that is not reason enough to delete it. It has to devolve into personall attacks, or a polarizing thread where some key unacceptable phrases are used.

EDIT: I find it odd that persons who support Plummer and those who don't both seem to think I am favoring the opposing viewpoint.

It's because you have massive split personality disorder.

I don't see what's so hard to understand, personally... don't be derogatory towards other members.

Comment

Ok but I am sure I have seen post in anti SNAKE threads calling those who support him idiots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                            It's because you have massive split personality disorder.

I don't see what's so hard to understand, personally... don't be derogatory towards other members.
                            I think its pretty simple, but everyone always wants to play the victim.

Comment

Ok but I am sure I have seen post in anti SNAKE threads calling those who support him idiots as well.
                              Honestly, just stop. There are PLENTY of both sides that were deleted.

Comment

When you see a post like that, hit the report post button so that the Mods are sure to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X